Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
nutspecial said:
Yep, no worries. Some of this just seems like normal internal stuff though and physical ailments are simply part of 'getting old'. You can not grow old so fast by internally 'figuring' yourself out- but others can't do that like you can.

Nice on the rv. Ditto. Though with a genny and solar, and maybe composting toilet you wouldn't need a 'park'.

Ummmm... I need to park the RV somewhere and I don't want to sleep in it with the train roaring by at night?

Okay, to be fair, if I find the area to be /insanely/ quiet at night, I'll probably just park the RV at the property while I do the driveway and building.

But, if it's like I predict and it's pretty freaking noisy because of all the oil tankers going down the railroad and honking its horns at the two intersections that are almost a mile away, each, and they do it twice a night, then screw that - I'm finding a park that's got some distance from the rail lines! It's only a temporary solution, after all. It's not like I'm seeking to become a permanent resident.

Just as my mom always said, no shame in having a fling with a whore as long she's not going to be your longterm girlfriend. And some of these parks aren't that bad; I care much more about location than my neighbors, and the small ones aren't typically known for hosting a den of thieves. (Once 'the neighbhorhood' starts getting larger in size, than thieves can become a more immediate concern as there's more people who could become thieves, and more victims to profit from.)

nutspecial said:
If it's that bad you can't sleep outside, or even in an rv, it's not worth buying for any sort of residence imo. Many states have better 'deals', and I'd think TX would be no different. If it is, (in cost, taxes, nearby infrastructure), then I'd say screw TX?

Dude, I'm not looking to live here. I'm looking to operate a business, and this particular location has plenty of business advantages in terms of cost and proximity to everyday services, and proximity to a world-class business hub/port that contributes to 10% of the entire American GDP. If I were just looking for somewhere to 'live', you're right, there's plenty of better places available in my price range. They just tend to be not that close to a big city or the post office. (This particular location is close enough to the post office that I can ride my bike! Except, I'll have to be very careful with the senior citizens in the area and the 45 mph roads.)

716594_orig.jpg

If you have a compressed disc or two, there's a few ways of going about it. One there is time honored, the other is what worked for me.

Basically a bad disc can cause the nerve pinch. Been through it. The first time on the DRZ my hand got the fuzzy feeling like after the funny bone was hit (But not the painful moment of impact) and instead of sitting there clinched it opened up on its' own.
images

Spinal Decompression Units not only pull the spine, they can actually "sense" how much force the body is pulling back with. The unit's computer puts this information together and can actually decrease the amount of pull when needed ---- or in some cases, shut down the machine completely down if that is required.

spinal-decomp-9000.jpg

Also simple home phys therapy. Alot of times the muscles are the culprit, and they can be soothed. The pain is an indicator and tight muscles a symptom imo. And also add hanging upside down to above dauntless, it might be more natural than 'the rack' :shock:

Mybad swbluto, I completely have been mis-reading this thread then! When we were talking about houses and stuff I missed anything from you to the contrary. I'm curious, how close is the prop to the tracks? Also, I'm confused as to what kind of business fits best in this setting of (I thought) some residential lots in a semi-rural setting, with enough trees to hurt PV solar uptake but that you don't want to clear off? Weren't we talking about gardening and stuff too?

Eh, it's complicated. But, to make it simple, let's say all the other properties I was looking at were too far away from major cities and essential daily services. Most non-city counties are comprised of 5+ acre tracts, which typically start at 25,000 or more, so my price range, I found, was effectively limited to where subdivision plats had been made up, and I didn't apparently have a lot of choices there in the freedom counties. (There's only so many unrestricted subdivision plats in the freedom counties available; virtually always, it seems like subdivision plats came with HOA/POAs/convenants and various deed restrictions, and the long-neglected post-apocaylptic 'exurbian subdivision plats', in the freedom counties, were very few in number. I couldn't be picky if I wanted a great location for operating my business, compared to the alternatives. There were, however, many properties available that were less suitable for running my business that were in the wilderness and far away from railroads and major cities if one so desired.]

There's 5+ acre tracts in my price range on the west side, but those are universally too far from essential daily services, like Fry's, lol. (Fry's is not daily, but it is essential. Waiting more than a day for critical computer parts just doesn't work well in a high volume internet business, ask me how I know, lol.)

The two railroad junctions are .9 miles away, and the absolute closest the train by the way the crow flies is .8 miles. It appears there's many many properties and established neighborhoods situated much closer to the lines than that, so it might not be a bad line?

I know that the one railroad track in my city has one train that goes through every night, but, then again, it's almost always transporting materials (coal, oil, wheat,corn) to Seattle and it's pretty much the only one that does so heading from Chicago and 'that area'. So, this particular line I'm looking at, might not be as active as I'm imagining during the night, since there's 7 or 8 other lines that head into the area. And, I get the sense that BNSF is more active than UP in recent years, and it's a UP line. So, it might not actually be that bad at night as I'm imagining (Daily nightly traffic).

This particular line might be used for transporting oil to certain refineries, and the other lines could be used for all other commodities being transported from the north/north-east? (So, it wouldn't be nightly, I would think.)

I don't care about train traffic during the day. In fact, I might be somewhat partial to a non-annoying track in a treesy country setting.

Very interesting, I'm intriqued. And yah the rv route will give the most options for now imo! 5 acres is enough to live on too, if you want, and yes, when spending only 25k or so you will be limited to check all those boxes in other places I've been looking. Yes, if there's neighborhoods even closer than your land I can't imagine it'd be that bad. I had friends with a house almost ontop of the tracks though, and those sob engineers still might sound that horn in the middle of the night. In that case, it is LOUD. (it would be funny if you lived that close, to set up some of your own train horns pointed them right back, and get the engineer coming and/or going lol) A nice bonus to having alot of compressed air! :lol:

Doing some sound calculations using http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/hbase/acoustic/isprob2.html .

With the federal requirements set at 110 DB max at 100 feet directly in front of the train, then this calculator predicts 76 DB at .9 miles.

According to some sources:

"Possible damage in 8 hour exposure. Passenger car at 65 mph at 25 ft (77 dB); freeway at 50 ft from pavement edge 10 a.m. (76 dB). Living room music (76 dB); radio or TV-audio, vacuum cleaner (70 dB)."

Yeah, so this is kind of loud. However, the entire railway is lined with tightly packed trees (abates noise?), and the extensive surrounding forest should also abate some noise. Brick or concrete construction should abate the noise by about 30 DB or to "quiet library noise levels". I previously lived in a concrete dwelling, and the fact I couldn't hear all the stamping noise from the neighbors above (Like is typical with typical wooden apartment buildings) was kind of nice. The only weak points, really, were the windows. They weren't designed to be soundproof, but that can be easily implemented through multilayering, heavy glass and distancing. Smaller windows would further help (In addition to being presumably less costly.).

Btw, for other distances from the tracks -

2 miles = 70 DB
4 miles = 64 DB

So, it seems like in a place like Houston with many tracks leading in and out, trying to minimize the noise by distancing oneself from the tracks sufficiently far away appears like it'd be difficult. If one wanted to avoid railroad tracks, a smaller town/city might be a better bet. So, in essence, it appears like the most practical way to deal with trains being close to the big city is through noise abatement. And that's not just for my property - that's for like 90% of northern houston, lol.

Oh, dang, maybe that's why it seems like development in the area tends to sprawl southernly and westernly. (Lol, I doubt that - I think they just want the warmer winter temperatures and proximity to the nice beaches south of the city. It also appears they're distancing themselves from the refineries near downtown on the bayou. And, the development connecting the city upto Lake Conroe is obvious, Lake Conroe. The big lake it seems like everyone goes to, judging from the 30+ boats you can see on satellite.)

I noticed an ascending feeling of discomfort in the chest area and the middle back extending to the left arm when typing the above. So, I took some aspirin and chewed it up and within 30 seconds, the discomfort went away. I'm starting to think that moving to this area might be a bad idea if it's causing me undue cardiovascular distress. I've been long hammering on the idea that these symptoms have been purely nerve related through the back, but I keep gathering more evidence it's more sinister than that despite my immense disbelief in its statistical improbability. Technically, I guess it being a 'pain reliever' could explain its method of action, but this experience seems awfully compelling.

It seems in my case, that physical exercise doesn't cause episodes but psychosocial stressors do. (It actually seems kind of odd that I can exercise for long periods of time without problems, but the smallest troubling thought seems to induce collapse.)

It could be my back. Seems the middle vertebra is bugged. I've also long suspected that when the middle back is irritated, that it's reflecting radiating pain from the nearby heart, but that seemed like a very unlikely possibility until recently.)

A lighter similar episode happened yesterday, but I suspected it was my back and it went away on its own. However, a stressful thought was being had at that time, as well, which I suspected might've had an influence but didn't know. I always thought that laying on my right side was causing these episodes, because it always seemed to precede them, but this is the first time 'something serious' happened while I wasn't laying in bed on my right side, which alarmed me.

What to do now? Well, the doctor already suspects angina. Maybe I could go to the ER and they can do cardiac enzyme tests.

------------------------

Jeez, I think I've figured it out.

-------------------------

Back in 2011, or some time around then, I was cruising down the ride in my V1 recumbent at about 19 mph. The front wheel hit an unforeseen pothole, the front fork collapsed and I fell over the handlebars. During my fall, when I hit the ground and did a forward tumble and my upper chest snapped forward towards my pelvis, with a very distinct feeling of 'separation' in the thoracic region that didn't seem like it should've happened. I was kind of concerned about it at the time ("broken backs" and all that), but it didn't seem too worrisome since I could walk around just fine and my back didn't hurt, so I didn't think much of it. Well, now it's coming back. I've had 'back issues' (Though minor until now) for the past 2 years, and I've often resorted to laying flat on the floor to push my midback vertebra back into alignment. Whenever I started feeling characteristic anxiety out of nowhere, this was the treatment of choice, and the anxiety went away. Well, it seems like it's been slowly migrating more out of alignment in the recent past (For unknown reasons, possibly accelerated by my riding my bike down the bumpy roads which I started riding about 2 weeks ago.), and it seems like "forward motions" seem to encourage that encourage that misalignment, like when I'm typing on the keyboard, or like when I'm laying on my right side in my bed.

Anyway, about 30 minutes after this 'attack' started which was resolved by aspirin, I felt an unusual amount of fatigue out of nowhere. I thought perhaps the clot was advancing despite the aspirin; seemed corroborated by the fact my standing BPM was the same as my resting BPM, 60. (It's almost always 20 BPM higher)

I was looking for my ECG meter and could never find it, because I wanted to test my SpO2 levels, to see if they correlated with this sluggish fatigue. Anyway, I start pushing on the mid-back which seemed like it was out of alignment, and the fatigue notably vanished. I laid on the ground to more permanently align the mid-back vertebra, which it did, and my standing BPM went back up into the 80s and my fatigue was gone.

So, I'm getting the sense, that the midback is compressing the spinal cord, which is then affecting other nerves in the spinal cord (Notably felt on my left side), with the most significant affects felt when it affects the upper nerves that control the heart and upper arms. I've been noticing a connection between the midback and upper vertebra, where I can tell there's a 'line of irritation' along the spinal cord between the mid and upper section when I press on the upper vertebra's nerves. This appears to have been causing the pseudo-angina and fatigue symptoms. (I say pseudo, because it doesn't perfectly match the symptom profile for angina. The fact only the thumb and index finger was affected tells me that it's firing the nerves on the C6(?) vertebra which maps to it; characteristic heart pain affects the entire hand.)

Anyway, this is the leading theory for now. It seems like 'jostling the back' through repeated impacts increases the likelihood of symptoms occurring, since it appears to disrupt the 'connection'(calcification?) between the middle vertebra and the upper spinal cart. Leaning forward, while typing, seems to encourage middle-upper separation. As to how running yesterday caused the heavy chest feeling to disappear and never return; I'm guessing that running caused the vertebra to disengage, at least temporarily, with the part of the spinal cord that was affecting the upper spinal nerve that was inducing that cardiac symptom.

Google image searching "left arm heart" .

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1139&bih=814&q=left+arm+heart&oq=left+arm+heart&gs_l=img.3..0i5i30k1j0i8i30k1l2j0i24k1l7.404.1779.0.1884.14.9.0.0.0.0.281.1194.0j1j4.5.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..9.5.1191...0.GIPWFPQlT0o

Google image searching "left arm angina" pulls a few new pictures, but they're all consistent with the previous images.

I see a bunch of pictures with pain diagrams consistently showing pain radiating along the shoulder, along the triceps into either the pinky, the pinky and the fourth finger, or the entire hand. One of those three.

Nowhere am I seeing a diagram showing pain in the center of the upper chest/back and radiating into the arm, completely ignoring the shoulder, radiating along the bicep into the thumb and index.

However, I'm finding plenty of "Scalene Muscle Trigger Points" that show this radiation pattern. (But, I don't see any showing pain in the center of the chest/back, but that's where the irritated spinal cord appears to be. And, now I can feel tingling in the base of my neck as I stand while typing, suggesting this standing typing position is irritating the lower neck, coincidentally roughly where the pain was radiating from.)

It is concerning, however, that it was quickly relieved by chewing aspirin (About 20-30 seconds after swallowing) and it /seemed/ to be brought upon by a psychosocial stressor, one of the unsurprising causes of most serious heart issues. (Due to the high level of cortisol produced)

Well, interesting.

Herniated-disc-in-neck-arm-pain.jpg

I don't remember shoulder involvement, and this appears to be radiating along the back side. But, it's closer, as it pictures the bicep and index and thumb being affected, which I know maps to the one of the vertebra.

cervical-nerves.jpg

I suppose maybe my head was hanging lower than usual while experiencing a psychosocial stressor, bringing about the symptoms of herniation (or similar). And, I know herniated discs are a fairly common reason for people with 'more serious symptoms' in the ER.

Interesting, cevicogenic angina.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19062759

This article presents the case of a 41-year-old female physician complaining about frequent chest pain attacks and breathing difficulties. Disorders started six months previously after inexpert manipulation of the thoracic spine performed by a physiotherapist while massaging the patient's back. Numerous diagnostic examinations (CT of the thorax, MRI of the thoracic spine, esophagography, cardiological examination, pulmological examination) did not explain the cause of subjective symptoms. Although the patient, who came to our private practice setting for examination of the spine and possible manual therapy, did not complain about disorders in the region of cervical spine, on the basis of clinical examination, we suspected the cervicogenic angina (CA; the attacks of chest pain caused by cervical radiculopathy; earlier term "cervical angina" is terminologically inappropriate). Namely, by means of clinical examination, we found very restricted active and passive mobility of the cervical spine, hyperalgic skin zones in the dermatomes C6-TH4, spasm of the cervical extensors and upper parts of the trapezius muscle, hypoesthesia in the dermatomes C6-TH1 and decreased left triceps reflex. MRI examination of the cervical spine showed left side disc herniation at the C6-C7 segment. Using manual therapy (traction mobilization of the cervical spine, segmental mobilization, distraction manipulation in full Nelson position), the complete regression of subjective symptoms was achieved which confirmed cervical origin of the pain. By analyzing anamnestic data, we concluded that the inexpert manipulation of the thoracic spine (the patient was lying in prone position), which caused strong local pain, induced sudden extension-flexion reflex movement of the cervical spine which the patient did not notice at that moment because of the acute pain in the region of the thoracic spine, resulting in herniation of already degeneratively altered disc at the C6-C7 segment with consequential CA.

Wow, sounds just like my observation. Notably elevated irritation on the left side of C6-C7, undoubtedly caused by my sitting at the computer for many hours of the day with my body rotated counterclockwise in the computer chair looking at the computer with my head facing right. (I'm now standing, so I suppose I might reasonably expect an increased incidence of these kinds of episodes not being in "my usual position".)

So, now all I need is "traction mobilization of the cervical spine, segmental mobilization, distraction manipulation in full Nelson position". Can I do that at home?

And this theory would completely explain why sleeping on my right side with my slightly-U-shape-it-deforms-into bed would induce nocturnal panic attacks with angina-related symptoms. (Tachycardia, breathlessness, etc.)

And, that's why I've not had any issues since I've started sleeping on my back 2 days ago.

Now these angina episodes, however; I think they're kind of like real angina? Chest pains, fatigue, reduced cardiac output, reduced serum oxygen levels, etc.

The next time an episode happens, it's quite possible that laying flat on my back would help. But, frock that, it's intense, I'm taking aspirin right away! lol (And then laying down right afterwards) [anybody recommend a good canadian pharmacy for nitro? lol]

[Actually, now that I think about it, I think pushing the disc back in or some kind of neck exercise might prove effective.]

[Nice thing I'm now living next to the Canadian border and I'll be soon moving close to the Mexican border, so my access of these kinds of highly useful drugs won't be fettered by the FDA. However, I think border agents check for those things? Lol. Oh, I know, I can become a real life drug smuggler, trying to smuggle in some illictly obtained nitroglycerin, lol.]

(Actually, now that I think about it, there are a couple of devices that can be used for cervical decompression. Might be worth a shot)

It's so funny how my world went from, "Yes, I'm leading an ultra-successful life now, yay! Everything's going according to plan and it's going to be awesome" to "Oh god, I'm going to die tomorrow.", lol.

Have a treatment plan down now!

I've got one of these bad boys

611czzw9k3L._SL1210_.jpg

Filled it upto the 15 pound line and used it for about 2 minutes. Seems like there's less iritation in the neck but it appears the C6 is still sort of exposed, doesn't seem as easy to irritate now, though, so there could be improvement here. For nitro, I'm just going to consume ample quantities of nature's version of nitro - Spinach. I'm trying to use natural blood thinners (Cocoa, garlic), but I think I'm finding that aspirin is going to be necessary sometimes.

It's kind of weird to think how this thing transpired. The first time I used my ECG (I didn't really use it that often), I think I was errantly using it incorrectly and misinterpreted a signal for a heart attack and then started really freaking out. Then that caused what appeared to be some kind of heart issue the following day? Then, out of nowhere, I seem to be getting these pseudo-angina episodes after transitioning the standing from sitting at my desk, out of bed.

It's just weird how what I now think was a misinterpreted signal, eventually would lead to the pseudo-real-thing in the days following. Maybe it's coincidence? Maybe it's causal. I don't know, but it's not what I would expect. Even if a person were to freak out ultimately about nothing (What I think happened to begin with), it's not like I would expect it to strike them shortly thereafter in a "real way", even if it just happened to be cervicogenic angina.

People have panic attacks all the time without non-panic-related angina episodes striking them in the days following.

I'm thinking bending downwards possibly triggers the episodes. I know I typically avoid bending my upper body downwards because I start to feel sick shortly afterwards.

Traction is considered overall a failure, little practical benefit. Spinal decompression on the DRX worked for me, as well as for other people I've known.

Of course you can just let it get worse and worse. Here's an example of the sort of surgery they end up doing.

spinal-fusion-diagram.jpg

Dauntless said:
Traction is considered overall a failure, little practical benefit. Spinal decompression on the DRX worked for me, as well as for other people I've known.

Of course you can just let it get worse and worse. Here's an example of the sort of surgery they end up doing.

spinal-fusion-diagram.jpg

http://www.spine-health.com/forum/d...eck-pain-cervical/does-cervical-traction-help

It seems like these posts confirm your assertion. Meh.

Well, I hope to god that embracing my new environment with the monitor literally at eye level (Head straight forward) and this traction device treatment will provide everlasting improvements - I figure if the environment was causing degradation to begin with, then permanently changing the environment towards the better should provide ever increasing improvement. Of course, if I keep having episodes, then I'll definitely start looking at other options like the DRX.

Update: Around 3:40 a.m., the pain and pressure around my mid-section was becoming intense, trembling could be felt and my heartbeat felt strained. Apparently sweated a alot. Took some excedrin and it faded away just enough to catch some sleep. In someways, I think I'm delaying the inevitable and when my medicines are no longer effective, it's going to be bad. But, I could hope that it was coming solely from my middle vertebra that's been noticeably sticking out and being bugged during the past few days.

I noticed what appears to be discoloration and soreness in the inner left thigh yesterday. Apparently blood clots are commonly given off during certain medical events that cause poor circulation, according to a webmd article. I swear, sometimes, this is really just nature's cyanide pill in disguise. "If the blast doesn't get you, the fallout will.". I just find it kind of unbelievable it's hitting me at 29? I hope I'm overreacting. I thought I had the wherewithal and definitely interest to pull this off, but I'm guessing my body thinks otherwise? I hope I'm overreacting to a simple spine problem. And, it's easy to speculate that spine problems like these would become more noticeable past the first day of standing (Yesterday was day 2.). But, it's also easy to speculate other theories, since I imagine they tend to have their own relatively short, progressive timelines.

This is the second time 'some kind of serious event' happened without it proceeding laying on my right side (I was laying on my back when it happened.). Yesterday afternoon was the first time, happened while typing. Coincidentally, I did start using my standing desk in earnest yesterday and I had no episodes the 2 days prior to that (Before then, I was foolish enough to lay on my right side which seemed to trigger 3 separate episodes.), so it seems to correlate.

I'm just going to pretend I'm overreacting to the discoloration and soreness. It could be something incredibly relatively minor, and I'm making a whoopie-doo about nothing. Like, everything so far has been me blowing way out of proportion relatively common medical/spinal issues that seem to possibly have a lot of overlap with more sinister pathologies.

It's interesting to speculate that 320mg aspirin taken at 4:00 p.m. yesterday didn't have enough 'blood thinning power' which the excedrin provided at 3:40 a.m. this morning. That is interesting because I don't believe the blood thinning half-life of aspirin is as short as that would suggest; it has a thinning half-life of around 24 hours, which is why some doctors suggest older people to take aspirin daily who are 1) At risk and 2) Past the age of 50. So, by the time 3 a.m. would've hit, I would've had about 80% of the original dose's effectiveness, so it would've been like I had taken 3 aspirin just recently. It seems far more likely that excedrin's pain suppression explains the affect it had, as aspirin's pain killing powers have a far shorter half-life. But, it just seems so surprising the speed and depth of the relief I got from 80 mg aspirin yesterday if 'pain killing powers' is the only way it worked. I wouldn't normally think 80 mg aspirin would be effective at pain killing, but I guess so according to http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2013/07/08/aspirin-vs-nsaids-which-is-best/ .

----------------------

Update 11:32 a.m.

Woke up with this surrounding chest pain, radiating all around my chest. Took motrin, and ate some salty olive oil popcorn afterwards, and the pain went away. Assuming the motrin was doing it, and not the popcorn, it seems like we have back pain issues that I suspect. Of course, if the popcorn was doing it... hmmmm.... could possibly seem to indicate either. The pain, however, follows up the excedrin by about 6-7 hours, and you wouldn't expect the 350 mg of aspirin in the excedrin to lose its blood thinning powers within 6 hours. However, I could understand it'd lose its painkilling powers, seems to recommend taking every 6 hours as necessary.

Anyway, I think the way to deal with these back pain issues is actually simple.

-Eat heartily.
-Run on soft surfaces(dirt,rubber pads,etc) with a straight back/neck (Upright position). The upright position causes the back to converge in the direction of realignment, while the running causes repeated compression/decompression episodes during impact that causes it converge wherever the back wants to go at that moment (Upright position). It seems like gentler surfaces substantially reduce irritation.

Back pain issues immediately following a transition to a standing desk seems almost too logical. The nature of some of the episodes, however, don't immediately seem to be spinal from their nature while they're occurring. This crescendoing sense of soreness building up in the middle chest area, reaching from front to back and quickly growing in intensity and size, eventually shooting down to the left thumb/index finger through the arm pit - not quite what I'd expect from back/chest pain! lol

But, it seems to be somewhat described by cervical radiculopathy: http://www.moveforwardpt.com/symptomsconditionsdetail.aspx?cid=805cbc55-0daa-4b08-b4be-225a7cebfb68

Pain in the neck, shoulder blade, shoulder, upper chest, or arm, with pain possibly radiating into the fingers following the path of the involved nerve root.

Pain described as "sharp" or "pins-and-needles" or “popping sensation” in cervical region.

General dull ache or numbness anywhere along the pathway of the nerve.

Okay, sounds about right. Upperchest and pain radiating into the fingers fits the description. I guess it might have been considered a 'dull ache'. Other websites suggest that neck pain goes along with it, but the neck pain wasn't the most noticeable aspect if it were occurring, however, I can definitely reproduce neck pain on the left side of that particular vertebra by looking straight up.

C6 nerve root (between cervical vertebrae C5-C6): weakness in the bicep muscle (front of the upper arm) and wrist muscles; numbness on the thumb side of the hand

Seems like we have a winner! lol (No mention of the index finger, but nerve maps online tell me that the thumb and half of the index finger is involved.)

I agree it's important to seek correction of symptoms (and that sounds like a good avenue), but I attempt to take all personal blame when it comes to these things, as an important mental and then hopefully physiological distinction.

IE: If my environment was a contributor to symptoms of damage, it's still my fault I wasn't tuned into my body/senses enough and allowed thru possible ignorance/laziness/etc any ongoing damage to be done. To me anyway that's an important mental distinction that couldn't hurt for future self preservation of health? It could also be an important key to self healing.

nutspecial said:
I agree it's important to seek correction of symptoms (and that sounds like a good avenue), but I attempt to take all personal blame when it comes to these things, as an important mental and then hopefully physiological distinction.

IE: If my environment was a contributor to symptoms of damage, it's still my fault I wasn't tuned into my body/senses enough and allowed thru possible ignorance/laziness/etc any ongoing damage to be done. To me anyway that's an important mental distinction that couldn't hurt for future self preservation of health? It could also be an important key to self healing.

Eh, I agree with you. Just because I recognized the role of "the environment"s contribution, doesn't mean I think I didn't contribute to it, through ignorance of the consequences of that environment which I ultimately had control of. Rather, it's understanding the causal factors at play (Environmental factors), so I can (potentially) manipulate them to minimize their further harm. (And, hopefully getting them to help me somehow, lol.)

There is a saying, god help me if I can find who it came from (I think PT barnaum), obviously heavily paraphrased, "Nature doesn't forgive ignorance."

Geez, the running so didn't help, lol. My breathing felt tight the entire time, and I did the equivalent to a 16 minute 1.5 mile (I was regularly getting 11 minutes back in the navy, excellent category. I have a feeling) - I'm sure I could've gone faster if I wanted to, it's just that I wasn't really competing against anyone. Came home, the middle vertebra felt like it was slipping even more, impinging on nerve roots and presumably contributing to these bothersome chest sensations, lol. It was getting bad, and I didn't think it was wise to use pain killers to inhibit pain (it's your body telling you you're not doing something right), so I tried to figure out how to get into place, and it did so afater resuming the kyphotic posture. Sure enough, after I did that, I felt completely fine telling me that for whatever reason my body assumed the kyphotic posture, it had become accustomed to it (reshaped some relevant structures), and by taking on the upright stance, it was impinging on nerve roots, and some of those nerve roots in the neck, when impinged, are kind of terrifying. I still don't know if I have anything serious going on (But, so far, it doesn't seem like I have any definitive proof that anything serious is going on, other then these subjective episodes that could be pinched nerves, though the pinched nerve explanation seems like it'd be kind of remarkable for a few seemingly well timed episodes, but it's hard to ignore that the radiating pain was following along the C6 nerve root path, suggesting it was getting triggered for whatever reason. And if it was getting triggered, it's not unreasonable to assume other ones might've been triggered.), but my back is apparently sore undoubtedly from the running and just getting back into place, and I suspect the sore back is contributing to this tight chest sensation since it appears like the nerve roots are bugged (Feels like it), however, my ribs are painless suggesting it's back to normal. However, things still feel abnormally tight when doing physical activity, even when back in this kyphotic position. Perhaps it's just my nerve roots that currently bugged. Maybe I should get some rest, maybe it'll get back to normal.

Everything needs to ideally get back to normal by 8/15. Like, lack of tight breathing during exertion. My spirometer parameters are all above normal, so I would suspect that it's just the back's nerves being irritated that's giving rise to this sensation. At least, that's the "not worst case" side of me thinking that, lol. Of course, I can think of much worse cases, lol, but I just don't feel like I have any solid evidence to do so, because motrin seems to be just as effective as aspirin at 'symptom relief', suggesting there's almost purely a nerve problem going on. It just seems scary because the episodes/symptoms have been much more severe than in the past, even after accounting for probable anxiety.

And, oh yeah, just found out that 'blood clot' was actually just normal skin discoloration in addition to an unseen irritated follicle. Lol, I just get the feeling I've been completely hysterical ever since that night (Possibly due to work stress), which caused anxiety, which produced episodes in the immediate term, which then led to me effectively 'destroying' my back, which itself has caused various episodes in its own right with confirmation bias all along the way. At least that's what the "nothing /really/ wrong actually went on" part of me is saying, lol.

After my options were restricted to this one special bathroom, and my brother happened to be using it, and I really needed to go, I demanded he get up except he didn't. I guess he didn't want to, lol.

This got me angry, which then lead to this developing burning sensation in my chest which only grew more and more intense, and so I tried relieving it using Excedrin, but it didn't work so I thought "Oh, shit, this is my last hour, isn't it?". This is following a run with notably restricted breathing and a deep sharp chest pain right after finishing, and stabbing pains in my chest just the morning before (Which was relieved by Excedrin, which allowed me to sleep.).

I knew my parents weren't going to take me, and I wasn't going to risk getting my car pulled over the police, so I called what anybody should call with intense chest pain they can't relieve with OTC medicine. 911

They pulled up, found a normal sinus pattern (Of course, I've never seen an abnormal one), and found an extremely high heart rate and blood pressure.

Strapped me in, had me waiting in the waiting room, while this pain was just slowly growing in intensity and broadness. I thought "My god, I can't be dying. This has got to be some cock-sucking backpain of some sort, I just know it." and tried all the calming techniques I knew. Warm water was calming, drinking water was calming, etc., but man, this pain wasn't really going away. It felt like it was getting to the point where walking was becoming too difficult, my body felt notably heavier than normal. So, after lab tests, some xrays, and the fact they weren't sending me into ICU on a crash cart, told me it wasn't anything particularly serious despite the fact it felt like it was frocking serious. (Ok, it did flit across my mind that perhaps these people were derelicts, and people actually die in this hospital's waiting room. But, it was a fleeting thought.)

Well, turns out, there was a medicine that would resolve the pain. It's name: Atavan. One of the strongest anti-anxiety medicines they have. Didn't notice much other than I noticed my BPM trending down towards 60 BPM, my norm, and not really budging (Unless I was staring at the stats, then my HR would start going back up, lol.). And, I didn't notice that burning pain anymore. I did, however, notice my upperback being in pain and one of the vertebra was spasming, and there was referral pain through the ribs in the front. So, it seems my front/back was in pain, but the events of the day had caused it to become amplified with an extra burning sensation via stress/anxiety.

I swear I've never had a panic attack during the middle of the day before. Like, even during this episode, there was no hyperventilation or other 'standard features' of daytime panic attacks ('Feeling 'smothered',etc). But, I guess I can't claim that anymore. Now, I have the experience to identify these cocksuckers in the future.

Panic attacks occur when:

-Sinus rhythm intact
-Tachycardia
-Severe Hypertension
-Burning sensation in the chest region
-Obviously preceded by a significant stressor (Being denied the ability to go potty when you /really/ need to go is a pretty big stress.)

Anyway, this atavan did the trick. Going home, I started running home and found I had absolutely no problems with breathing tightness while running, telling me that experience was purely anxiety related, not some indicator my cardiovascular function was compromised. And my running didn't seem compromised in the slightest compared to past memories.

Anyway, I'm now interested in this drug. It appears to boost GABA. Surely there's foods that have a similar affect?

I personally know that my upping of my cocoa drink to 7 tbsp a day wasn't doing any existing anxiety a favor. Cocoa causes anxiety, lol.

I think large amounts of cocoa consumption is more ideal for someone who does a lot of physical work. Otherwise, in a more sedentary person, the 'energy' tends to get channeled into anxiety.

It almost seems to suggest perhaps I would've benefited more had I cutout the cocoa (less anxious) instead of upping the dose.

Yep, this is the trip I needed. Just to let me know that, yes, I've been hysterical. However, the 'episodes' that were relieved by excedrin or aspirin might actually be the real thing, lol, so I can't dismiss all past episodes as figments of an overly anxious imagination. However, it's quite possible that past episodes were solved solely due to the 'pain killing' properties, and nothing more, suggesting they've all been nerve issues. Nerves irritated by tensed muscles?

Glutamate containing foods (Precursor to GABA)
Glutamic Acid/Glutamate (Forms Glutamine) MGS. Per 6-8 OZ. Serving

Almonds, tree nuts (10.3 g.)
Banana (220 mg.)
Beef liver (6.5 g.)
Broccoli (740 mg.)
Brown Rice (940 mg.)
Halibut (7.9 g.)
Lentils (2.8 g.)
Oats, whole grain (7.4 g)
Oranges, citrus fruits (210 mg.)
Potato (830 mg.)
Rice Bran (3.7 g)
Spinach (680 mg.)
Walnuts, tree nuts (5.4 g.)
Whole Wheat, whole grain (8.6 g.)

It appears fish, rice and spinach are a great source. I've always noticed feeling 'dumpier' after eating rice, but I think I might've been mistaking that feeling for 'calmness', lol. Doesn't mention it, but I would think salmon would be up there if halibut is? According to http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrientprofile&dbid=20, 3.97 grams per 4 oz of salmon, so pretty much in the same ballpark.

Whole grain wheat and whole grain oats are standouts. Lentils is another appreciable grain-esque source.

Glad you feeling better. Get some medical help. Good place to start is a primary doctor.

Stop worrying about noise from trains one mile away. One mile is pretty far for noise to travel. Hardly any trains on train tracks around where I live.

Curious? Where do you live? What is your online business? Check out my online business https://www.sukkahs.com/ Used to sell a lot of Sukkahs. Seasonal business in the fall. Now I just don't have time. Web site says "We are closed." All I would do is take the order and fax or email a order to the companies that sell the different Sukkahs. They would ship and make mistakes.

Good luck when you decide to leave the nest. Texas is hot. Summer in Buffalo NY has been stupid hot. Wife and I are living in a upstairs apartment with no air conditioning.

I was sleeping tonight, feeling comfortable that yes, I was just being hysterical and more than calm enough to sleep.

However, the kicking chest pains continued, each time making me fairly awake when it happened.

I'm just thinking it's my spasming upper vertebra playing tricks on me. But, then there's articles like these:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2280738/Cardiac-death-All-felt-sharp-chest-pains--just-19-Stevies-heart-suddenly-stopped-beating.html

Young people dying from aortic dissection due to connective disorders, like marfan syndrome. I've heard of it. I've always known for a long time that my legs were disproportionately long, creating special difficulties for me but not for others I knew (In things like seats, carnival rides, etc.). And, I do know there's a passage in the old testament that goes over what kind of qualities a Rabbi can't have, long legs or long arms among them (I was reading the bible once, because I was effectively locked away for 2 months with nothing but a bible and I came across interesting passages like these.). However, my arms appears to be normal length as well as my digits, so I never really thought much of it. I don't seem to match the description for 'marfan syndrome' with 'the signs', but maybe I'll check again.

I'm going to keep eating my GABA foods in andundance as the atavan tremendously helped with sleep, but I feel like I'm looking into a crystal ball.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfan_syndrome

However, the major sign that would lead a doctor to consider an underlying condition is a dilated aorta or an aortic aneurysm. Sometimes, no heart problems are apparent until the weakening of the connective tissue (cystic medial degeneration) in the ascending aorta causes an aortic aneurysm or aortic dissection, a surgical emergency. An aortic dissection is most often fatal and presents with pain radiating down the back, giving a tearing sensation.

For the record:

-Negative for the thumb sign
-Negative for the wrist sign
-Negative for "Pectus carnigum" (Pigeon chest)
pectus-carinatum-patient-wfwwhgzwmqop.jpg

-Negative for hindfoot deformity
aortic-disease-exercise-athletic-participation-24-638.jpg

-Can't confirm for dural ecstasia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dural_ectasia

-Seems unlikely for Produsion Acetabul https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protrusio_acetabuli#Signs_and_Symptoms

-Pneumothorax seems unlikely https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumothorax

-We'll mark yes for kyphotic spine (1)

-And for the following:

Reduced elbow extension = 1
Facial features (3/5) = 1 (dolichocephaly, enophthalmos, downslanting palpebral fissures, malar hypoplasia, retrognathia)
Skin striae (stretch marks) = 1
Myopia > 3 diopters = 1
Mitral valve prolapse 1⁄4 1

I'll give it a 2, though more likely 1. Probably even 0.

So the score is 3(Less likely), 2 (probable), 1(Probably even more probable, lol).

Using the criteria that'd most likely apply to me.

Aortic root Z-score ≥ 2 AND a systemic score* > 7 points

With a systemic score of 3 (The highest score I could possibly justify), I'm not even close. It'd be curious to know my Aortic root Z-score; sounds like it'd have information there-in I'm rather curious about. So, I just need to measure the size of the Aorta's Annulus and Sinuses.

What does that take? It appears I'll need an echocardiogram and some experience/adequate-training. It appears I could get a (possibly) suitagble echocardiogram from china on ebay for $1400.

But, dude, I feel like if I were to travel down that 'anxiety road', it's just going to make things worse even if everything otherwise would be perfectly fine. Looking at medical instruments of my own stats, for some reason, seems to kick up my anxiety a notch. (Though, not usually too bad; Being in a hospital setting seems to add to it.).

Anyway, I need to keep eating those GABA foods. Oats, lentils, brown rice, spinach and fish. And, I need to stop focusing on these topics, the characteristic feelings associated with the panic yesterday were creeping up on me with this post, lol. I just need to live on an island, where my focuses for the day are gathering coconuts and fishing while always enjoying the beautiful vista and an always perfect temperature. Or maybe the middle of a forest will work, too.

UDPATE:

Okay, definitely getting rid of the cocoa for now. I think I just suffered an 'anxiety attack', and I think the cocoa probably wasn't helping. As much as I love the Kuna of panama, it's understandable their populations have probably adapted to the local psychotropic foods in ways that northern populations have not had the chance, so there would be possibly increased sensitivity to those foods in the northern population. And, I might be one of them.

As much as I like the cocoa for alleviating the 'sluggish' feeling in the morning, I'm starting to think it's not worth it.

Granted, perhaps my issue is much worse than cocoa, and running away just happened to help. It started with a slight feeling of anxiety (A "I'm going crazy" feeling that would linger, with a dose of compulsion to run.), then the anxiety, at some point in the future, would build up to the point where you just started running and then the episode would peak shortly afterwards (in my case, chest pressure; breathing was fine.), and then it'd fade away as you kept running. Given that atavin completely solved yesterday's "burning chest" episode, no doubt this 'chest pressure' was coming from the same category. I have my doubts a good run would stop the chest pressure sensation from a genuine heart attack; if anything, running seems to aggravate one already in progress. But, it's possible (I guess), it might've been coming from angina origins, but it just seems far more likely that a feeling of anxiety would precede an anxiety attack than an angina attack. And anxiety attacks are much more common than angina attacks, especially at my age.

(Well, now that I'm looking at google's distributions for anxiety attacks and angina attacks, it almost seems to be a toss up. I didn't realize angina attacks were that common?)

Now, I can speculate on other causes behind the attacks (back seems to be a good start. But, my immediate surroundings could contribute. I do notice I feel noticeably more 'depressed'/'anxious' inside the house than outside.), but regardless, I think the cocoa is probably aggravating it. And, I'm thinking I could use some more lentils and oats.

Hmmmm... I think I'm starting to unravel the connections here.

Pushing on the rib that's directly above my nipples and is connected to the C6 vertebra seems to induce the characteristic tingling sensation in my left thumb and index. Coincidentally, this rib leads to the upper center of my chest. Both locations were radiating in pain at one point that was alleviated by aspirin and /appeared/ to be precipitated by a psychosocial stressor. It appears that the vertebra has the possibility of sending pain along the ribs to the center of my chest, and also radiating down via whatever nerve paths that lead to my thumb/index. So, it seems confirmed I have some kind of nerve problem on C6. I'm unsure, how, exactly a psychosocial stressor would've initiated the pain on this particular vertebra, which radiated into the connected ribs (it felt like it was radiating from front to back at the core.) and thumb/index fingers; but, apparently it did. Perhaps back muscles tensioned which then activated the nerves on the vertebra? It's my best guess. The fact that the chest/back muscles tension when I'm anxious is obvious, as I can feel a taut feeling in my back and irritation in the nerves along the spine. Perhaps the heart is involved somehow, but I'm not exactly sure how? Various cardiovascular indications would seem to indicate it isn't involved at all. No definitive relevant measurement has ever implicated cardiovascular involvement, not even at the ER, though the experience appears to 'feel like' angina/heart-attack. And, heart problems are like one of my worst fears, I'll admit it.

If there are any future episodes (Which I'm guessing there will be), I guess I'll just take some medicine and not be further concerned with it unless other evidence presents itself that suggests I should. But, gosh, the immense fatigue that one time; was my vertebra really doing that all by itself? I'm getting an inkling it somehow involved the heart, even though the sinus pattern and BPM was (almost perfectly) normal. Maybe it somehow temporarily reduced cardiovascular output? If it was capable of doing that, then it's not hard to suspect it involved the heart in other episodes. That is, 'cervicogenic angina'.

Maybe the heart is doing some actual angina, and it's radiating along the C6 nerve paths instead of the other "established" nerve paths associated with cardiological pain? (I wonder why none of the pictures online would show this particular nerve path, then?)

Granted, it's true I've had anxiety/panic attacks. But, no doubt that's been caused by these other frightening poorly understood 'non-anxiety' episodes.

Holy crap, man, doing the manly thing was tough, especially right after typing this. As I kept getting into it, my chest felt like it kept tightening and my breathing got more and more, I don't know how to describe it, (tighter and 'acidic'). I'm guessing it's just anxiety as I've definitely have had anxiety attacks recently, and anxiety is generally known to shorten ones breath and cause acid reflex, and because it did compel me to immediately stop, but it definitely didn't feel like it was going in the 'right direction' whatever it was. I'm guessing it probably would've ended up with a BIG OLE palpitation if I continued, like what happened this morning after waking up, but I wasn't going to find out if it was going to be worse than that, felt like it was getting that way. If it was anxiety and acid reflux, it was rather remarkable my member just happened to be shrinking simultaneously and the 'tight chest'/'acidic feeling' sensation stopped right afterwards, and my breathing was perfectly fine afterwards (Anxiety wouldn't necessarily 'immediately resolve', it tends to linger). I know the last time I stood up, the last stressful thought seemed to cause a burning sensation coming out of my chest extending to my back and radiating down into my left thumb/index through the bicep, so I'm guessing standing up and having 'stressful' thoughts isn't something my body seems to be tolerating well in the last week. Standing up and not having stressful thoughts, like walking through the forest or running outside, seems to be no problem. Sitting down and having stressful thoughts seems to be OK. But mixing the two together seems to be too much. (Or maybe that's just especially true near my bedtime?)

The last time I had this 'acidic/tight chest feeling' was this morning, after I woke up, I had an excedrin which seemed to relieve it. It happened to be right after I ate 1/3 a cup of oatmeal, which gave me characteristic quickly alternating hot/cold sensations about 10 minutes after eating, which then alarmed I shouldn't be eating it. However, it did make me feel pretty calm. I slept, and then woke with that chest pressure and 'tight chest' sensation, acidic breath and tingling in my index/thumb. After getting up, I started rummaging for my pants getting ready to do my search for cyclodextrin, and then after having a certain frightening thought, an unmistakable BIG OLE PALPITATION happened. Like, I've had chest sensations before that I've questioned whether they were 'palpitations' or not, but this was /completely/ unmistakable as a palpitation. I didn't immediately assume it was a sign of heart disease, as I've read that anxiety can cause palpitations, and it was obvious I was anxious in having that thought. It's just that I've never had BIG OLE palpitations like that before. Maybe minor ones, but that was a BIG one. And then the morning after ER night when I took ativan, I slept great, but for some reason my upper chest kicked like 4 different times, tending to waken me up each time. I wasn't worried about it while I was sleeping (I was trying to sleep...), but it definitely was memorable and that's never happened before either. "kicking sensations" in my chest. I attributed it to the ativan, though I've never seen palpitations listed as an ativan side affect pretty much anywhere (I've seen it marketed as a way to stop palpitations, which it clearly did not, at least it didn't 12 hours after taking it.), and having recently learned that anxiety was the cause of 'everything' as I suddenly convinced myself of, I didn't worry at all in my sleep that night, so it's hard to believe that anxiety could've caused those kicking sensations. However, I did endure a lot of stress the day previous. But, it seems these sensations happen to a lot of people, and so they appear harmless.

Anyway, trying to figure out this glutamic acid / GABA thing down. I need enough B6/glutamic-acid/magnesium, or so I suspect, to achieve the calm that ativan drug gave. But, I've found that regardless of the immediate calm a food gives me, like if it gives me hot/cold sensations when fruits/veggies don't, I become anxious about that food even if it makes me feel calm afterwards because those sensations just don't seem like a good sign. So, I don't eat it anymore. The two different sensations today of chest-pressure/acid-breath/tight-breath didn't come until after I ate the oatmeal this morning, and that's the first time that sensation has appeared. Sure, I've had chest pressure in the past presumably due to anxiety, but I've never had that particular combination of chest-pressure/acid-breath/tight-breath that goes as quickly as it comes before, and it's happened twice today.

Maybe I just need some good sleep. I suspect the way I slept last night is making some things like this act up.

It's interesting how my lung capacity is 6.36L after a nice relaxing walk, but then after being inside a while, it goes back to 5.6L. I suspect it's because I've eaten a large-ish meal, but I've noticed these fluctuations happening on a dime in the past (From 6.3L to 5.6L), and I suspect it is related to my emotional state. How exactly, I'm not sure...

I wonder if anxiety could temporarily reduce lung capacity?

Oh, so you're on the verge of getting Frozen Shoulder syndrome, eh? That's a staple in my family. As soon as you do something to strain the shoulder a little the rib problem will set it off. I don't know that's officially recognized for this, but among the family members they say that sounds about right. And it my case it was a LITTLE shoulder strain that snowballed. Your rib has a little swelling under it pushing it outward, technically dislocated and only pushing it back in will help. The ulnar nerve goes over it, that goes up your back, around your shoulder, down your arm and ends at the thumb. So the pain make s you stop using the arm, the shoulder swells and clamps down, you start trying to naw it off. . . .

http://frozenshoulderclinic.com/what-causes-frozen-shoulder/?gclid=CPPb6_GqwM4CFQMPaQodOl8ONw

Frozen shoulder only seriously hurts if you try to breathe. It'll beind into a position much like having your arm in a cast and stay they way for months, or ever years. Unless maybe you get that rib pushed back first. http://www.rolf.org/rolfingreg.php Or, what the hey, maybe you can push it another week or two. My frozen should was breaking out while I was already going to a rolfer and dealing with it, so l I spent three months going through what takes 3 years on others. https://memberleap.com/members/directory/search_rolf_FAR.php

so instead of fearing being able to sleep (I have NEVER lived more than a mile from railroad tracks) maybe you just need some practice. Found this looking for music for another thread.

[youtube]8oVTXSntnA0[/youtube]

This deal fell through, some problem on the buyer's side. Meh.

It's interesting how I was able to recognize the 'panic' symptoms earlier today, and I overcame them after recognizing them (I thought bending my neck down was causing all these problems, like crescendoing chest tightness and head pressure, due to compressing the vagus nerve but looking online suggested this was purely panic. The fact klonopin solved it for another person clued me in. I personally think that when anxiety/panic hits, it releases cortisol which causes vasoconstriction and some other biochemicals might induce other relevant cardiac changes, which reduces blood output to the brain and heart. Getting rid of the cortisol, by relieving panic/anxiety, relieves this affect.), but then talking about moving down there to buy another property that's further away but close enough to the 'big city' (So I can avoid big city infrastructure like trains) brings back the characteristic sweating. I wonder if that's a sign, and if so, what of exactly?

I can so easily plot these plans down on paper and say they're feasible, but going through with it seems to be another matter entirely.

I think I've figured I need an army to do this or equivalent. I figure the reason why soldiers can enter foreign countries without hysterical levels of stress is because they're going in as a group. The navy was very particular that every part of the 'initial move' was done as a group, including getting to know your group (Through weekly get-togethers at indoc and staying at the hotel 3 days prior, with nightly group dinners.) before boarding the plane. Setting up and moving in halfway across the country might be one of those things for me. Maybe I need to gradually do it, perhaps moving into an apartment and then overtime buy local property I can setup at my leisure. I'm not sure if I'm comfortable with that idea yet because this characteristic sweating hasn't gone away, yet. But, I'm sure I'll figure it out in due time.

I think I need some anti-stress/anxiety drugs to get me over whatever hump I'm apparently going over. I figure a dog might be another effective alternative, though that's not really known. I figure the dog might provide that "doing it as a group" element.

I'm getting some kava, it's recommended as OTC 'anti anxiety' medicine (None of the local stores carry it, suggesting it's some good stuff, lol). Research suggests there's longterm cognitive decline connected with longterm usage, but I suspect I'll suffer more longterm cognitive decline if ongoing heightened levels of cortisol are killing off my brain cells, one at a time, lol. Anyway, I'm not feeling anxious at the moment (I'm focusing on my work now, yeah. Might have something to do with it, I suspect.), so I probably wouldn't be drinking it right now, but if it ever does popup in the future.... yeah, lol.

(And, for the record; valerian root is effective at minimizing mild
ongoing levels of anxiety, but it won't prevent higher levels from occurring should something trigger them. For example, I had this chest pain after getting up from sleep, and I laughed at it saying in my mind, "If you're really heart related, why don't you take me now!" I dared, and then the pain suddenly intensified and my breathing felt like it just got a little shorter, and then that triggered the heightened levels of panic that lead to a 911 call and then eventually lead to me figuring out it's probably just anxiety causing acid reflux which I then declined their services. I was additionally motivated to decline their services because missing sleep didn't seem like a good idea at all, based on past experiences. I ate some spinach, it immediately cured it. Eating spinach won't immediately solve a heart problem because it takes /way too long/ to digest, unlike a drink or powder. For some reason, it doesn't seem like tums ever helps, despite other people's suggestions. I'm starting to think that spinach might just be a tad more effective than tums. And, for some reason, I'm starting to suspect that acid reflux can decrease oxygen intake rates, possibly by constricting the bronchioles, which might lead to the shortness of breath I've experienced at times, like yesterday. And, during some of those nocturnal panic attacks, where I'm noticeably short of breath and panicking.)

I need to start writing down my symptomatic episodes in a chart/journal, so I can reference it in the future. That way I can easily/quickly recognize the symptoms should my memory fail me, and address them more appropriately.

Standing heart rate is now 78 BPM, down from 120-140 BPM the days before. It's back to normal and wasn't a sign of 'being out of shape' as others online speculated or 'heart damage' as I suspected; it's likely anxiety and/or not enough 'deep sleep'(Anxiety has a way of preventing that, it seems. Your body will rest and your body paralyzed (Like normal), but your mind will still be aware of its surroundings listening to what's going on instead of dozing off. That kind of sleep feels just as refreshing (never got migraines that happens after 3 days of sleep deprivation), but it just doesn't seem as good.). And I need to avoid the 'heart topic', gosh, it's obvious how my panic just surges hearing/thinking of that word now. My pain suddenly intensified in the ER when the doctor made mention of the word 'heart', likely indicating underlying panic.

Just ate, I feel a little more anxious and my standing heart rate is 98 and my ears are cloggy(Typical tale tale sign). I wonder if the food was pushing up my anxiety levels, or if it was something else? (Like my parents?) Could explain why running away from the house seemed to quickly relieve the crescendoing panic attack, that one time. Might explain why I ran away as much as I did when I was younger; my parents scare me! lol That sounds like even more incentive to move out, lol. (To be fair, probably what I ate. Or my neck position.)

(There's that sweating feeling, again. grrr.)

And, I think prilosec should be contraindicated from cardiovascular conditions. It inhibits nitric oxide production by the smooth cells, thus increasing the risk of MI by 2x according to independent data-mining studies. Nitric oxide production is one of the primary benefits of spinach.

I'm starting to bet it's what I ate. See, it happens shortly after I fall asleep, and it happened to happen today after I ate supper. Yep, seems to indicate GERD / acid reflux. I didn't feel the heartburn chestpain, though, but I definitely felt upper chest discomfort (I did feel 'flashes'), anxiety and the cold sweat. I ate some spinach and laid down, which seemed to relieve it. I'm starting to think I need to plan my meals more wisely, and try to eat spinach last. As much as I thought I found out my neck has nothing to do with it earlier today, I'm finding myself backtracking because my upper ribs were pretty sore at the time. But, then again, it could be those particular ribs get irritated when acid reflux happens. It does seem to be pretty close to the bottom of the neck (The first rib bone, actually.).

At my age, GERD & ANXIETY seems more than likely.

-----------------
After yesterday's ER visit with intense chest pain and pain radiating down my left side, and they basically gave me painkillers and muscle relaxant and that was that. Then, after lifting heavy objects and placing them forward, I noticed the chest discomfort noticeably increase, tingling increased and I could feel some pain radiating down my left side and I was starting to feel sick. I thought about the mechanics of it, and I realized that placing heavy objects forward would pull the spine forward, which if that is what's causing the issue, then doing the reverse should possibly reverse it. Laid flat on my bed with my head face down for a good 20 minutes, instant chest/right-abdominal relief. Had a pained feeling in my neck, but the discomforting chest discomfort/abdominal feeling was gone. I kept doing that and all symptoms eventually went away within an hour (I can now fully rotate my head without notable resistance in the upper left direction). I'm thinking that forward positions is irritating the nerve somewhere around C6 (I can feel the nerve is irritated on the top left and bottom left of this particular vertebra, and I mapped the radiating bicep/index/thumb/chest pain to the C5-C6 nerve root one time.), and that reversing it on a regular basis should hopefully minimize future episodes. I realize this computer chair is definitely not helping, lol, and my job is essentially desk work.

I've long known that laying on my right side when the vertebra is 'not solidified'/'messed up' could induce skipping heart beats. So, the C6 vertebra acting directly on the heart is not too surprising. That is to say, it's very possible that the C6 vertebra did cause actual angina somehow, so the radiating chest/back pain may have been actual heart episodes. And, it's quite possible that laying on my right side when my back was "messed up" caused nocturnal panic attacks because of reduced cardiac output/inadequate oxygen caused by C6 irritation (Though, possibly it was merely cervical induced anxiety without the reduction in blood-flow/oxygen; though, I kind of wonder if the C6 vertebra is causing anxiety through a reduction in cardiac output and oxygen flow?). Though, there's a bet it was just intense radiation on the rib/back. The natural evolutionary background for this might not be too surprising; people leaning too far in the forward position were historically depressed people (Not just simply desk workers), so cervical origins of heart problems might have a historical basis.

I don't know if this is a permanent solution, but I'm hoping it continues working and it gets better and better. I'm also thinking that side it appears to be left sided, then laying the head down at a particular appropriate angle might bring more relief. Not really sure what that angle is, yet.

UDPATE: Just found out that it was possible to push it back too much. I layed flat down on my stomach and elevated my head on a pillow to get a more backwards angle, and after getting up, woah! Felt so dizzy and vertigo, it was ridiculous! I quickly tossed my head forward, pushing on the back of my neck, and my vision returned to normal. Man, that's one of those kind of experiences you hear people with failed cervical surgery having. No doubt the vertebra(disc?) was pressing on something.

Man, something in my neck appears to be ridiculously loose. I wonder if it'll ever solidfy again? I'm assuming it's been loose in the past (Would explain periodic anxiety relieved by laying flat), just never this loose. If I were to speculate on when it started becoming this loose, possibly 2 weeks ago when the laying-on-my-right-side panic attacks returned and I had recently started riding my mountain bike(Which has a "thrown forward" geometry compared to the last bike I was riding, and it was notably less comfortable to ride.). It might've become more loose when using the cervical traction device, which might be why I started to feel it in my neck ever since using it. The multiple rides to and from the hospital probably hasn't been helping. Well, in one way, this is ridiculously cool I know a little bit better what I'm dealing with and it appears I can effectively deal with it, but on the other hand, I wish it wasn't this severe(It could be dangerous.)! lol. It's going to take a lot of time to get this back into a solidified state and that's assuming I didn't destroy anything (Doesn't appear to be irreparable. I usually have a few good hours in the morning and can lift several heavy things before it acts up, suggesting that I can resolidify it by cooling down the 'high impact'/'heavy object lifting' activities.). Cool thing that I can gauge how far 'off' it is by pressing on my bottom left neck muscle; it becomes notably more sore when the vertebra is sticking out a bit more than normal, before I start exhibiting 'chest discomfort'/'left side' symptoms.

EDIT: Yep, probably caused neck strain with the decompression therapy. Apparently will heal in 2 weeks, cool. Still doesn't solve the C6 thing (I think?), but maybe it does. Right now, my left pinky seems to be tingling, uh oh. I'm not worried, I was giving my back a good stretch to the right since the left of the spine felt sore (Suggesting compression along the left), and that stretch felt GOOOD. Doing the same thing to the left didn't produce any feelings of relief, just normal bending, so that it a good sign I'm doing it right.

I'm trying to avoid a medical visit by managing this as well as I can. It appears my kind of neck strain is 'garden variety' in terms of pain, but it appears it might be serious looking at some of the criteria. (It only gets extreme if I start hyper-flexing my neck.) So far, no radiating cervical pain just yet and it seems to, in the past, usually during the evening hours.

And, just when I thought no calling emergency services, a possibly good reason to call surfaced, lol. On the night of 8/17/2016, I went to bed with some tingling in my left pinky which the 'paranoid side' of me associated with cardiac episode. However, I thought I've already cleared that suspicion away, and everything is related to cervical/rib issues. So I laid in bed, suspiciously woke at 2:20 a.m. went to the bathroom and felt this rather intense burning sensation in my chest. Granted, it did feel like it was coming from the ribs and looking back, I could see how laying flat on my back without a pillow could irritate the curvature of the upper spine (Which could radiate to the ribs), and after it subsided after laying face down, I did notice that my ribs, when touched, felt irritated like they had been burning, so it was probably nothing but the fact of the matter was that it was 2:00 a.m., about the same time all my other nocturnal panic attacks occurred, and my left pinky was tingling, lol. When I 'woke up' 4 hours later, god, felt so fatigued (Granted, probably because I didn't actually sleep). Went back to sleep, and felt a bit more normal. Noticed my blood pressure was unusually low, drank some water (A lot, I was thirsty), and it propped back up and I felt noticeably less tired. Got some more sleep and my numbers are reading 'normal' now.

(Interestingly, after eating, my resting BP, systolic and diastolic all went noticeably up, suggesting cortisol/stress, notably over this morning's number. It'd be ironic to think that eating delicious food would cause me stress, so I'm thinking the reason is similar to why someone might want to tell their parents to "STUFF IT!" after moving out, lol. Exercising shortly afterwards brought it back down.)

Interesting, ever since starting this laying flat on the bed with my face down 'therapy' (And maybe due to the right curve stretching), it seems the irritation in my upper spine has become /far/ less noticeable (Almost can't tell now). The strained neck is still problematic (Can still feel tension moving the neck and bending it down is still symptomatic), but it appears to be getting better. Got my fatigue pads in today, it allows me to simulate the softness of the grass/sand/dirt indoors for pacing/jogging, without causing high impacts to my back (Which seems to destroy things.). On another note, I received my white rice yesterday, and I will confirm that 600mg salt(1/4tsp) with 1/3 cup rice is absolutely delicious. Ate it with an avacado and some spinach. I see the Japanese knew what they were doing, lol.

At this rate, it almost appears I'll be getting back to work in a couple of days.

And the deal is on. Apparently the warranty deed was found.

Update: Wow, this kava is some good stuff. It seems to have the same 'pain killing' powers that ativan had, all through relieving stress/anxiety (And associated pain). It might have additional analgesic powers I'm unaware of (Places online say "mild painkilling", but it seemed especially powerful in my case. Must be relieving that additional pain that anxiety likes to embellish with.). Yep, definitely feels like I just took some Ativan, lol. (I used 2 TBSP, so about 16 grams. If it's this effective, I might just do 1 TBSP at a time and space it out.)

Anyway, I mapped the pinky/fourth to the top of T1, and T1 appears irritated when palpated, so undoubtedly that's what's causing this periodic fleeting tingling in those fingers. Sometimes the middle finger gets irritated, undoubtedly because of the top of T1 being randomly irritated. And, the thumb/index maps to C5-C6, and some thoracic vertebra maps to T6 or some such that's obviously the most irritated of the bunch. It worries me it's so close to the heart, but it's clearly of skeletal origins as rotating and bending in certain directions seems to temporarily relieve it. I can tell much of this phenomena is based on my historical usage of the computer in my early 20s by leaning back in the chair and looking to the right at the monitor for many hours at a time. I've /long/ since corrected that behavior, but it seems that 'the trend' is starting to play out now. Why does no one warn you of these things in your early 20s? lol

I've heard many warnings about regretting your posture in your 60s, but no mentioned late 20s and using the computer chair.

Anyway, I can now rotate back and forth in my computer chair without noticeable neck pain, so the neck strain appears to be getting better. It seems like it has a way to go before I can start looking down without significant affects.

And, I think I've figured out the 'looking down' phenomenon. It appears the C6(?) vertebra moves forwards (like it's supposed to do?) when looking down and doesn't return back to its original position when looking back up, staying in the forward position(I'm guessing it's not supposed to do that? Doesn't feel aligned with the neck.), whatever nerves it's pressing when doing this seems to give rise to the affects associated with it (Pressure on the neck now, and a couple of days ago, chest pressure and a radiating sensation down the left side. My guess is that it's compressing the spinal cord, thus the feeling of pressure. I'm guessing that either it was acting on the chest nerves and left upper body nerves a couple days ago, or it might've been acting directly on the heart. The feeling of a genuine heart attack about a week ago, like a textbook description of one, that appeared to be activated by looking down, supports this theory. It might actually be acting on the vagus nerve, though I'm not sure if that goes through spinal cord? Doesn't appear like it. Seems like it follows the major heart arteries.). It appears to 'click' back into its original position when leaning the head backwards (Where its supposed to be in the upward position, aligned with the rest of the neck). Leaning the head too far back seemed to induce a sensation of the room noticeably vibrating left to right (vertigo) 2 days ago, I'm not sure if it can be induced now but I don't think I want to try, lol. Since the 'extreme' symptoms aren't that bad now, I would infer that the neck is getting "better" and had been getting better since "heart attack" night (Which felt like the /worst/ night by far.).

Guideline
--------------------
-Don't bend the head down. If one does so, immediately 'click' back into place by throwing ones head back.
-Avoid high-impact activities. Walking on cement / Riding a 'rough' bike at higher speed / riding a 'forward throwing bike' / Riding in an 'hard riding car'(Like mine, lol.) all count. Running on cement especially counts.
-Avoid lifting heavy objects and/or using ones arms in a really active way (i.e., ripping apart boxes like Godzilla, lol.)

And, I'm getting a cervical brace soon, hoping it can help with the 'keeping the head up'.

Geez, I wonder if this is how people inexplicably die young? They get an unnoticeable cervical injury (Mine wasn't noticeable until 3 days ago when I started getting severe neck pain which seemed to be where the pain was originating, and it was getting started 2 weeks ago when the severe panic attacks happened.), and while they are tossing and turning, sudden cardiac arrest is induced and they mysteriously die of 'unknown causes'. X-ray shows no fractures, autosopy shows no clots, etc. (I.e., no one is looking at the ligaments.)

I wonder why that why my back 'prefers' the kyphotic posture. Because it's most practical for everyday use while keeping the neck relatively straight. Keeping the neck straight up entails a lot of looking down/neck-bending to see things down there.

And this is the part where I start to wonder how I'll build my building. Maybe I'll design a robot to do it for me, lol.

I don't want to design a $30,000 pick and place robot from a crane, I want one that will take a load of bricks, walk along a brick wall, and apply some mortar and put the brick into place automatically. It does this one layer at a time.

EDIT: Can't lull myself in a sense of security. I started sitting in my computer chair, and then my kyphotic form slowly came back after leaning back in the chair after some time. This would've been OK if the cervical vertebra had solidified, but it hasn't yet. Because they haven't, the right side of my neck started becoming really sore and when I started using the 'face forward on your belly' bed therapy to straighten out the body/neck, my left arm started randomly shooting. I feared my left side was going to soon become paralyzed, but as my body got used to the aligned position, the shooting nerve impulses and high level of 'buzzing' stopped. And, my right side is no longer sore. I'm going to try solidifying my neck first before trying to reachieve the kyphotic form, because I'm unsure if I'd be able to achieve both simultaneously without causing significant nerve damage without a good means of correction available (Like the 'straight back' bed therapy). So, that means, no more sitting back in this chair or sitting in it for more than a couple of minutes. I'm off now, tata.

Some electricians entered the backyard at 2:30 a.m. and woke me up. I was about to fall asleep, so I grabbed the gun and put it next to my room just in case, then all of sudden my heart started racing. Immediately I jumped on the bed because I thought "Oh, just another panic attack." except /this time/ I caught it while it was beginning instead of just right in the middle like in past nocturnal panic attacks. It should've gone away within 30 minutes, and it's been 30 minutes, but...

Don't look down. Seems my neck has become loose from the kyphotic posture, and it seems the neck vertebra is easily slipping, and it seems like looking down induces some kind of chest discomfort which I don't want to test. I hope it isn't like last time, where it feels like a heart attack. I don't want to look down to find out, lol.

I'm hoping that it's really just a standard panic attack that goes away after 30 minutes, so I'll give it another 6 minutes to see if this "don't look down" rule still applies. But, all I have to say in the meantime is, "Cocksuckers!", lol

Well, 6 minutes is up and it appears looking down, even though there's tension on the neck, there's no induced chest discomfort. It doesn't seem like the veterbra is popping out of place anymore, interesting...

This is interesting, because it felt like the panic attack was triggered by the neck when I bent down to drop the gun on the ground, and there was a distinct feeling of pain in the neck while the heart felt like it was beginning to race. However, it's not hard to believe that perhaps the guys in the backyard had something to do with it, lol. But, given that laying on my right side seems to be known to trigger these nocturnal panic attacks "When my back isn't solid", the neck hypothesis seems like a sound hypothesis. Why it would trigger them only at night? I'd only imagine that being in the 'not quite fully awake' state during the first two hours asleep might do it (Twilight zone). Then again, it seems like my neck has triggered chest discomfort / 'heart attacks' in the recent past, and it's quite possible to understand how something along those lines might trigger a nocturnal panic attack. However, I've never woken up to a 'heart attack' episode before and the 'looking down' connection would've been obvious had it existed, just panics/'can't breath'/intense-shivering/chest-pressure/'panicky chest pain' episodes (One such pretty darn intense 'chest pressure'/'can't breath' episode was caught by the EMTs and corresponded with a normal sinus rhythm, so that's comforting.), so the 'neck triggering panic attacks' during the first two hours of sleep seems sensible.

Also notable, is that I was able to head off the panic attack from 'fully developing' into a 30-minute mega-fiasco by immediately laying down head-first in the 'therapy position'. It seems that I was able to avoid all the shivering/obvious-feelings-of-panic/panicky-chest-pain that otherwise seemed imminent (I only felt traces of such symptoms after standing again, including the almost-can't-stand-weak-sensation and chest pain, which then led me to keeping the phone closeby, lol.). I'm not sure if that's because I removed the 'neck trigger' from further fueling it by preventing the neck from bending, or because the 'therapy position' just happens to be really calming. Whatever it is, it worked.

Man, the chest pain and 'almost-too-weak-to-stand-sensation' happening simultaneously. I know for a fact cardiac output was being reduced while the pain was barely felt at the time (It had peaked while I laid in bed), but now the question is if this indicates significant blockages. Because if one were to take that to an extreme, cardiac output falls to 0 and one is too weak to even be alive, let alone stand, we have a classic heart attack. I've felt this kind of chest pain before in past nocturnal panic attacks, but never was it accompanied by a 'too weak to stand' sensation (Usually, I was more than eager enough to RUNNNN!!! Or, just walk really fast), out of the 40+ nocturnal panic attacks I had back in January/February; makes me think it's a relatively recent 'development' reflecting underlying physiology. Might explain why this batch of nocturnal panic attacks seem to be particularly severe (And, why I've forsaked sleeping on my right side after the 3rd one.). I wonder if I should seek a catheter...

Of course, one can hypothesize these episodes are intense because the problem with the neck is exaggerated this time, so the 'more extreme' symptoms of panic attacks (like 'fainting', accompanied by chest discomfort.) could be surfacing.

I'm not like that one girl who was 'tired all the time', I just keep having all these nocturnal panic attacks and random 'cardiac episodes' when my neck's vertebra appears to be out of place. I think the neck-triggered 'cardiac episodes' are behind me, but god, too soon to say for sure, lol. Didn't need a darn electrician at 2:30 a.m. to threaten bucking the trend, lol.

Anyway, I tried going to bed, but I kept shivering and I was wide awake, so I suspected that the leftover cortisol from the panic attack's 'cortisol dump' was streaming, so I sought to relieve it by jogging/walking. I started by doing short sprints, but I had chest discomfort by the fourth sprint, so (Remembering the 'almost fainting' thing that just happened.) I then started walking instead. Took about 20 paces before becoming notably tired and the shivering seemed noticeably reduced. This morning, I drank my cocoa and then did the 10 flights of stairs 'stress test' 5 minutes afterwards, and I passed with flying colors. No ECG available to me, but breathing seemed normal and the 10 flights was effortless like always. Chest felt like it was getting heavy towards the 10th flight, but I can't read too much into that with too many other possible known causes. (forward spinal position and anxiety are two confirmed causes.)

UPDATE: I later tried napping, didn't seem to work, so I came back upstairs. Unusually, a crescendoing feeling of panic was happening with no obvious triggers (Though, I speculate the guys in the backyard might've had something to do with it; not everyday that you expect some guys in your backyard 30 minutes after you fall asleep.), so after trying various spinal/neck adjustments and none seemed to work, I made up some kava and that seemed to keep the panic at bay. Score. Then, an hour later, a building sense of pounding pain in the center in my upper chest was developing, so I took some aspirin and it went away. The logical part of me goes, "Well, that sure does seem possibly characteristic of a cardiac episode, first the panic hits (inadequate oxygen), then the pain soon follows.", but the other part of me goes, "You're too young, you've passed all the tests at the ER (Granted, the tests were designed to detect recent past attacks, not predict future ones.), and you clearly saw the nerve paths in your sleep yesterday, as well as the 'parathesia'/'tingling' force field being generated. It's just some back problem radiating to your front.". Sure enough, later exploration linked the bottom of the T1 nerve root to chest pain and left stomach pain/nausea, which characterized the experiences behind 'heart attack' night that one night (The worst night, by far). It's interesting that looking down would trigger the sensations, and though I'm having a hard time imagining the nerve root getting irritated by that, it was obvious that straightening the back lessened the irritation at the nerve root, so it seems sensible enough that looking down and increasing the curvature at T1 would increase the irritation/stimulation of the nerve root. Just seems bizarre how often my back's nerve roots have been getting so extremely irritated in the past month, or so I would assume. Messing up my back, historically, just meant nocturnal panic attacks when laying on my right side. Not 'heart attack' episodes and radiating pain from the core of my chest/back down my thumb/index, as well as extreme pain episodes sprinkled here and there. My god, I wonder when will this end? I'm just embracing the kyphosis now, and ignoring all the symptoms that accrue (Using painkillers and kava as seems necessary) and hoping for the best. So far, it seems like the tight sensation in the upper chest has disappeared after an hour of assuming the position. My neck doesn't seem to click nearly as much in this position. I just hope to god this doesn't keep sucking cock, lol. And, yesterday night's exercises before the trespassers' episode passed with flying colors. No obvious limitations on breathing, worrying chest sensations or anything. Now what happened after the trespassers happened is a whole another story, but it seems obvious I was a bit stressed by that this morning (I could tell fro my breathing), so I'm going to assume that has a lot to do with the 'this' and 'that' factors. Now my stomach getting suddenly sick when thinking a stressful thought... oh, gosh, don't worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back