Buying forest land, implementing solar

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/champion-power-equipment-1400w-1800w-portable-generator-carb-compliant?cm_vc=-10005

If I need to get another generator, this doesn't look like a bad contender. $200 for 1400 watts running, would work well. Reviews look heartening compared to HF's reviews.

As to shower, I actually do wash where I need to.

If it starts itching, I wash it. Ankles, balls, chest, etc.
If little red bumps start appearing, I wash it.

I'm finding the secret to keeping those issues down during the summer here is to keep the clothes off. They retain sweat and seem to prevent sweat on the skin from evaporating, causing bacteria to fester. I compromise by wearing my shirt unbuttoned and wearing loose light pants.

In close quarters, though... it's a good idea to wear clean clothes. Been contemplating getting a bunch of white plain shirts just so I have a nice dry one whenever I need one. Given that they're aired out, shirts that haven't been worn for 2-3 weeks or so tend to not be as smelly. Bacteria seems to die off. Hair washing is likely important, too.

White probably wouldn't be the best choice here, would get visibly dirty a bit too quickly. Maybe black, except not sun absorbent? lol.

Anyway, too early to tell, but it seems like the generator isn't imminently dying like it once was.

Cleaned the spark arrestor
Cleaned and oiled up the air filter (I didn't oil it up last time, didn't watch the maintenance vid, whoops, lol.)
Replaced the oil

If it still has issues (Time will tell), will do the following:

-Go to the local honda place and get a sparkplug to replace it. (Don't suspect a sparkplug issue but it is well past the 200hr replacement interval, lol.)
-Clean the fuel filter, maybe inspect the fuel lines while I'm at (I don't know if I can easily enough?)

If it still has issues, will look into it further and get a substitute genny STAT, lol. Because cleaning the carb is going to take some time for the first time. Before that, I need to a cleaning of the combustion chamber (I actually need do that right now being at about 1300 service hours now), so will youtube that.

In recent mornings, it seems this wheezing on inhale has been picking up. I'm not sure if it's my heart/lungs or if my neighbor's smoke or if its acid reflux. It seems that the cocoa cures it for the day until night (No obvious issue breathing).

Cocoa is significant because theobromine is an edema evacuator and can be used as treatment for edema, so I kind of suspect cardiac here. But, acid reflux is definitely a contender - it's just odd that it presents 2 hours before I lay down to go to sleep, which is when I would normally think the acid reflux would kick up (Laying in the flat position).

The feeling of speckles of spit/saliva in the back of my throat tickling it kind of makes me think Acid Reflux. I wouldn't normally think edema would spray my esophagus with speckles of fluid? But, I could be wrong.

The proper term is Pulmonary Edema.It is a cardinal feature of congestive heart failure. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulmonary_edema

Other key symptoms of CHF is fatigue.

And, boy, did I feel sleepy not too long ago walking around... had to take a nap (got like 4 hours of sleep, so suspecting I skipped the second stretch)... if I never regain my strength, I'll have even stronger suspicions, lol.

See that 500 met minutes/week is recommended for CHF prevention.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metabolic_equivalent

Looks like walking 3mph has a METS of 3.
Walking 60 minutes a day -> 180 MET-minutes/day.
So I get about 1260 Met-minutes/week if not more.

Half thinking my bananas aren't ripe enough. Think maybe I'll start temporarily shifting to corn. It seems that taste, not color, is the most reliable indicator of a banana's readiness.

Appears that corn did the trick, fatigue no more. Now I need to build my corn reserves, lol. I've been focusing too much on peas, which is now fairly extensive, lol. I wonder what extent low blood sugar might be involved in this morning/night wheezing inhale?

Dang it, just had a revelation.

One time at my friend's house, I start putting out this helplessness vocals which the dog could perceive (Ironically my friend couldn't-> kind of autistic), and the dog jumped on my leg and started humping.

So the girl who suddenly starts acting like a baby following the "I want you" stare and portraying helplessness -> Pretty much the same kind of invitation.

Wow, who knew a dog would help me figure that out, lol.

While leaving, she just had that "Baby, baby where are you going? Don't leave me." kind of sound, lol. I think it took a little time for her to remember this was a checkout line, lol. She looked like the type that would get lost in the moment.

And, left in the middle of the day yesterday to get bananas and cae back and found out my machete was stolen. At least I think? I don't know, I may have put it "somewhere safe" from the rain. Can't immediately find it, though. So getting the RV on the driveway and fenced in is a high priority ; almost definitive proof my property is getting targeted by someone. Luckily, they don't seem to be the "cut the locks, pull away the RV" type of thieves. At least I have that benefit - the losses are minor.

The machete was left out because it has possum blood on it.

Taking a closer look at my finances, and it looks like the house funds would be a close one at the current tempo. So, feeling pressured to do something, just figuring out what that something is. I've figured it out before, so I know I can do it again, just that... right now... I have to think about it. Brainstorming, yes. Then I need to prioritize ideas and take action.

And, man, I think I need to get a gas mask for my neighbor's smoke. This is the third straight day of smelling it through the air intake. If this what be causing the wheezing at night, I need to get it taken care of fast.

Okay, "fixed" my gas mask and wearing it now.

And, just in time, got my new keyboard yesterday and using it today. Yep, the keystrokes are light and it appears to be pretty easy on the hands. Time will tell how suitable this is for heavy typing.

Update: Found the machete under the bed. Made it inside away from the rain and it does still have dried possum blood on, lovely. At least it's PRETTY dry, lol.

And found a tiny midget mosquito on the table. Squashed it with my hand and saw blood splatter. Probably my blood. Wow, yeah I don't think I can really keep those guys out... There's a lot of different voids where tiny midget mosquitos could come in. But I'll continue improving it. Seems like it's working pretty well so far.

And brainstormed and plans are now being executed.

I love how even a relatively small increase in profits has a major impact on discretionary income, just because I'm only somewhat above monthly living expenses. Of course, I wouldn't mind if the reverse was true; I was so far above living expenses, that my net profitability was immense, lol. I'll get there, I think.

And, wow, it definitely took that 1 p.m. nap to be like "Let's get to work!". Definitely noticed a difference in motivation.

I like it how I stumble across old journal entries and I'm like "/f/ that topic." lol.

Okay, found all the data and it's getting ready to be pushed out in waves. Then it's time to do another form of marketing which I will not divulge here. Not that knowledge of it would encroach on my sales in particular, but I don't want to accidentally inspire my competitors who may or may not be reading this, lol. Then after marketing of in-category products is maximized, time to expand to other categories and apply the same techniques. I have a pretty strong feeling with some work, I'll notice a definite jump in my discretionary income, just what I need. :mrgreen:

I like how one of the markets I'm going to be expanding to happens to be my particular interest, so that should be doubly effective/rewarding. What I find of interest, others in the same interest group will also likely find of interest.

Update: Wow, around 6 p.m., got hungry so I ended up eating like 4 bananas all of which tasted pretty good. Tried chopping off tree branches and holy smoly, I was tired as hell, lol. Went to bed, woke up, still tired. What the heck? I'd think my blood sugars are normal. Gosh, I hope I'm not suffering from a diminished ejection fraction, I have an entire backyard to clear, lol. And this is the best time of the day to do it and my body is like "Nope, you better rest it.", lol.

Apparently some kids were down the way and they suddenly got out and switched seats IN A HURRY, like they were trying to avoid my coming out and greeting them, lol. I'm all for saying hi, but I get a little concerned when it's like they are trying to run away fast, makes me think they stole something or left me a little goodie, lol. I thought maybe they dropped off a dog or something, so I carried my machete on me just in case (They were long out of sight by the time I emerged, I made sure of it.).

I have a strong suspicion these are the little kids that falsely accused me of chasing them with a machete, which is why it kind of concerns me seeing them. I suspect "they" have ill will towards me or something based on their parents confronting me. But, I'm guessing the kids themselves are terrified, which is why they were in a hurry. That'd make sense. But it just concerns me seeing them down this particular road in a car - they're not visiting anyone in particular unless it just happened to be me, and their visits don't seem to be cottoncandy and puppy dog tails. (I'd think puppydog tails would be cute, lol.)

If I didn't know any better, I'd suspect the bananas as they are now is causing my bloodsugar to decrease. That would explain them making me weak and tired. Seemed like the drop of honey I had left picked me up a little, making me suspect that.

Ok, I think I figured out what to use to block the mosquitos from coming underneath the shed; saran wrap. It won't disintegrate like paper towels would when it rains.

I think I'm getting more honey today. Relying on bananas for blood sugar seems dicey today.

boarcrashtest1.jpg

Did the kids accuse YOU of chasing them with a machete, or did they merely say they WERE chased? If they're so terrified why are they even ON your road? I mean your road does sound like a pretty terrifying place even before you moved in there, Jason. Even the bananas are plotting against you.

. . . .and the dog jumped on my leg and started humping.

So the girl who suddenly starts acting like a baby following the "I want you" stare and portraying helplessness -> Pretty much the same kind of invitation.

So the girl went and got her dog, hmmmm.

So I have this theory about a protein issue. I don't directly expect it would help me sleep, but if it helped with the easy swelling issue that might help me sleep and I wouldn't be up right now writing this. So what might work as well as meat or soybeans if I just want more protein? Nothing so menacing as those bananas, I like good, friendly food.

0c15ecbbf62e259d3adf628069def049.jpg

Dauntless said:
So I have this theory about a protein issue. I don't directly expect it would help me sleep, but if it helped with the easy swelling issue that might help me sleep and I wouldn't be up right now writing this. So what might work as well as meat or soybeans if I just want more protein? Nothing so menacing as those bananas, I like good, friendly food.

0c15ecbbf62e259d3adf628069def049.jpg

There are the complementary and classic proteins

Peas are a whole protein. (Commonly used for the protein in dogfood I've noticed)
Beans and rice are another classic combination.

Then there are 'other' stand-alone completes, like quinoa and chia seeds. And, hypothetically, I'd think peanut butter and banana should form a complete usable protein, but no known cultures have subsisted on that combination like I've been doing until now. It just seems like the tropical people were prehistorically eating fruits and nuts, but I'm aware they commonly grow and consume rice, corn and beans as staple foods and frequently consume fish and eggs. Coiastal people like them turtle eggs. So I guess it's possible my protein consumption might've been insufficient with the bananas and peanut butter.

https://greatist.com/health/complete-vegetarian-proteins
Every time legumes like beans, lentils, and peanuts are combined with grains like wheat, rice, and corn, a complete protein is born.

Corn and peanut butter. I'll have to add that to the menu, lol.

I ate corn and peas yesterday as well as a lot less bananas, and I noticed the tickle tickle cough sensation hasn't been happening last night. I suspect the abundance of bananas is kicking up reflux, but the quality of the wheezy inhale just doesn't seem like acid reflux as I'd imagine it. But, it didn't seem to act like pulmonary edema - (it and associated PE symptoms like fatigue/breathlessness) wasn't noticeably worsened by physical activity. So, I'm not really sure what it was. Just didn't seem good.

The tiredness clearing out the backyard seemed link to low bloodsugar based on past experience (And the lack of ripe banana eating throughout the day could be responsible), but I could've been wrong. Didn't really retry after downing some more corn. I'm just hoping it's not a problem tomorrow and I'm armed; have the honey on standby. Honey is a pretty fast way to test, instant energy.

On the otherhand... getting tired as hell clearing out the backyard -> PE symptom(fatigue) worsened by physical activity. Looks like we have a possibility here; it could also be low bloodsugar, that has established precedence. Didn't have honey to quickly test that out.

I'm just not /really/ suspicious until I start losing breath. Even then, low bloodsugar can cause breathlessness.But, increasing bloodsugar should correct it. If the bananas had actually increased bloodsugar like I normally think they would, then I'd be suspicious. But, the less ripe bananas aren't particularly fastly digested so I can't assume too much.

At my age and established medical history, I'd need some pretty convincing evidence to make a "drastic conclusion". At my age, lowbloodusgar is a muchmore frequent issue than PE.

Dauntless said:
boarcrashtest1.jpg

Did the kids accuse YOU of chasing them with a machete, or did they merely say they WERE chased? If they're so terrified why are they even ON your road? I mean your road does sound like a pretty terrifying place even before you moved in there, Jason. Even the bananas are plotting against you.

Chasing them with a machete with intent to kill. That's what he said. I don't doubt the kids was terrified, but I definitely was not chasing them, I'm pretty sure I was standing on my driveway watching them go by.

I believe the kids were scouting the area to see how suitable it is for ATV riding. But, I could be wrong. And, why they were suddenly getting out and switching seats about 15 feet from my RV, I really have no idea.

They could also be getting a thrill out of it. Knowing that nothing will happen but they'll get that fear stoking them, like a rollercoaster plunging into the ground. I'm sure me waking up and opening the door and looking at them like "What in the sam hell?" added to the thrill, they started getting really ansy when the door opened, lol. ("Go Go Go Go Go!")

Okay, gobbled the honey up and started attacking the branches. Yep, no problems, lol. Just wanted to test it, but I think I'll keep doing it until 11 or so, then at 12 or so I'll vacate the PC to the shed and work in there until 6, then continue working on the back.

Seeing the utility of honey, I'm thinking I might be making an investment in honeybees. It seems to be important to have high enough bloodsugar levels before consuming cocoa; in recent history, not ensuring that seems to result in sutble temporary chest pain and nausea.

And, the generator seems to be consistently putting out white/slightly-gray smoke now, not just at startup. I've seen suggestion this is either 1) too much oil or 2) Carburator needs cleaning. At 1300 service hours, carburetor is suspect. It had a single hiccup yesterday which was a noticeable improvement, but it never hiccuped before so I'm thinking the underlying issue hasn't been completely resolved.

I wonder what kind of smoke not enough fuel would make? Not enough gas, too much oxygen. Wonder for the case of a semi-clogged fuel filter.

This place suggests a leaking headgasket or valve seal. http://www.freeasestudyguides.com/exhaust-color.html

Has no coolant (air cooled), so I'm not sure if that'd make sense.

http://www.doityourself.com/forum/outdoor-gasoline-electric-powered-equipment-small-engines/352661-honda-eu1000-blowing-smoke.html#b

This place suggests oil in the air filter. Yes, I doused it in oil per the instructions, and I made sure to press out as much as possible as per the instructions. So, this is likely the problem and not really a serious issue I guess. I was hoping to definitely determine the "randomly acts like it's dying" cause so I could correct it.

http://www.upi.com/Health_News/2017/07/12/Western-diet-associated-with-chronic-liver-inflammation-in-UC-Davis-study/4081499862950/

"Sugar and fat causes liver disease in the western diet"(Read liver disease=heart disease; identical etiology)

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2719236/

Honey prevents hepatic damage induced by obstruction of the common bile duct

Just as I thought, it's not a story of sugar per se, but bacteria. And honey fights bacteria, it needs to prevent it from spoiling before it can be used to feed the little bee offspring.

Additionally, NO levels were found to be significantly higher in liver tissues of group III compared to those of group II.

That's interesting, honey->Nitric oxide. I thought that was the privy domain of Spinach. There's probably more foods in their natural state that lead to greater NO blood/tissue levels.

In group III, serum ALT and ADA enzymes activities were found to be significantly decreased compared to those of group II.

What is serum ALT?

http://www.healthline.com/health/alt

However, when your liver is damaged or inflamed, ALT can be released into your bloodstream. This causes serum ALT levels to rise.

Honey definitively reduces liver damage.

What did the bible have to tell us about honey?

Proverbs 24:13 said:
Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.

And that same set of verses is telling me it's wise to build a house and to fill its rooms with many treasures, lol. Is this chapter really speaking to someone like ME? lol

Well, if the bible is telling me it's wise, I guess I feel a bit more strongly about that. Not just some hypothetical benefits that's only weakly motivating me.

And if the bible thinks it wise, then obviously it plays a strong role in the psyche of many.

And, I think I just realized what that encounter was. It was foreplay, lol. I can definitely see it in hindisght, lol. That 'strong bonding' feeling I'm thinking of, I'm pretty sure that was mutual arousal . And the infantile/helpless/protect-me behavior was intended to arouse me. Yep, okay, makes a lot of sense now. Except, it didn't, lol. And there appears to be lots of people who don't get aroused by baby behavior. Of course, I don't know if they're annoyed because "it's beneath them" or some such or if it's just plain annoying. Personally, it seemed "beneath me", like it was behavior that belonged to a lower class of people.Which might have something to do with her getting really antsy/nervous/crying when it seems I expressed disapproval of it. (I know I felt disapproval, so there's a good chance it came across, lol.)

I don't know why I felt disapproval. Perhaps it's because it feels its from a childish mind? Just like wiccanism seems to attract childish minds. It also seems to attract sexual females. Makes me wonder the overlap between childish females and sexuality. Are the presumedly lower status childish females more eager to seek approval and thus more eager to use their organs to obtain it? Or... maybe they just tend to be more attuned with their baser urges, being more childish/animalistic in their thinking. It is notable that animal deities seem to be common in wiccanism and it's also definitely more embracing of sexuality than standard religions, lol. I don't think it's more embracing of sexuality /because/ it was invented by lower status minds seeking approval; I think more animalistic/childish minds are more sexually focused. Less sexual inhbition/control.

Anyway, I don't really know how old she was. She could've been 16 for all I know. If so, that could (possibly) explain the more childish mind. I assume she was either 17 or 18 since I asked the other young workers if they were in high school and they volunteered their grade level (senior), but I wouldn't know.

And, I'm noticing sitting in this RV, I feel comfortable and I don't feel like "working", lol. I mean, I am tending to the current operations as need be (Reply to people, etc.), but I'm not really feeling ambitious in this comfortable state, lol. This means, I need to set office hours and I need to use the office, so it feels like I'm "getting to business". Nothing really stopping me from doing that now, other than it feeling comfortable in here, lol.

Maybe I shouldn't do hard physical labor in the morning time. It seems I get in a placcid "let's relax" state later on, lol. Maybe I should do hard physical labor /after/ I do the office work I intend on doing.

But doing hard physical labor in the morning "Just feels right", lol. I guess people weren't intended to do office work; not too many office workers in the kuna tribe, lol.

I wonder about the people of Texas. Is childishness a common thing here? Not that I really know, but if so, why? I only half suspect that because the town of Childress was the most popular small town along that one highway, lol. I know that's a really b ad infererence, lol, but it does makes me wonder.

It attracted me because I was an irresponsible adult that didn't want to take responsbility for my problems, lol. I guess that's one way to say it, and that could partially explain a possibly significant subset of caucasian texas immigrants over the years. I guess such people might be called 'childish', I'm guessing. In my mind, I'm fighting an invisible war with the .001% that's been wreaking havoc with the America economy, and rendered the greatest economic injustice to my particular coming-of-adulthood generation that's ever been conceived since at least 1929. And, this fight had been going on since at least the great depression with texas (Mainly texas ranchers when the laws were created), so we share the same concern with the economic manipulation and malaise foisted on America by "the feds" and wall street, and it reflects in their laws. So, I feel like it's more of a cultural reason I'm here, not so much an "irresponsible adult" reason. It really comes down to I'm here for the money, both in terms of not losing it and gaining it.

I would think it'd be cool if the bible had mention of bananas, lol.

proverbs 24:13 said:
Eat bananas, my son, for it is good; bananas from a peel with brown spots is sweet to your taste.

Wait, just had some insight. Young women can be immature in the USA.

It's just funny considering that I've never met a women that immature. But, then again, maybe nuke school/college isn't very representative of the general female population. This girl definitely seemed flighty in a way I haven't seen in a while. Maybe flighty isn't the right word; I don't know how to describe the behavior. Kind of "not with it", "delayed in action". It just seems the way she acted from afar; she seemed fairly responsive in conversation. ADD might be a good descriptor. Definitely had the ADHD energy with her,though I'd be unsure as to it being "adhd energy" or "highly intelligent" energy. I couldn't tell how intelligent she was. She seemed curious and open-minded with a liking of Portlandia, so I'd guess she's likely fairly intelligent. If I had the hots for her, well, she probably is, lol. I don't know how much my liking relates to her youthful beauty (Didn't see it from afair, so not likely a factor.) or something like her being a mirror image of my inner self. There's a pretty strong possibility of that. There was something about the character of her voice that interested me. I'd say energy, but you could take any girl with an energetic voice, and I wouldn't be attracted to them. Maybe it was the confidence. It seems like I could instantly read her core personality from the way her voice sounded, and that's what interested me. But, maybe it was the confidence. She was really nervous/antsy later on as if she was really crushing (I'd guess my forthright advance might have something to do with that. Going after what you want without fear seems to be an aprhodisiac, lol.), and she didn't seem quite attractive then at that particular moment, but I think I could overlook that since I'd think it'd be temporary. It doesn't make sense you'd be permanently nervous around your beau. So maybe it was the confidence in her voice. Something about her voice. It sounded like a voice with immense curiosity. The emotions in her voice, when genuine, were often intense.

Anyway, I found a gaping hole in the shed side wall and that could very well be where the mosquitos are coming in, lol.

Trying to figure out how to seal it off.

Figured it out, just ram that screw in with the screwdriver and twist! It punctures that thin sheet metal like no other. And, now it's sealed. Just need to seal off the bottom of the front of the shed with crumpled up saran wrap, and it should be pretty mosquito proofed. The next thing, if that doesn't work, is covering the remaining screw holes. And, then, possibly treating the small gaps that the front door has.

Getting this thing mosquito-proofed is high priority, and it looks like I'm well on my way getting it done. This is good, because then I'll feel comfortable using my office so I will be likely to use it. Nothing disrupts the creative process like getting my hands stabbed by midget mosquitos and seeing them buzz around.

Anyway, I like how I was recounting taking down trees and crap, and the bagger girl was all like "Oh, I feel so sorry foryou", and the other girl had the face of "Who are you trying to impress?" or "Really?", lol. I don't believe I was trying to impress anyone... so I'm not really sure I read that facial expression just right. I think it was "really?" because she could tell I was fishing for sympathy, lol. She could see through my ploys so easily, lol. I'm not sure if that's because she's very socially intelligent or because she could easily understand my intentions being psychologically identical. Either has good likelihood, though I'd like to think it's more the latter.

I'm not really sure what this "can't handle women" thing means?

Google might help.

I'm getting...

"a weak man can't handle a strong woman because he wouldn't know what to do with her"

lol, well, I have a good idea what I'd do with her[when we weren't making lovey dovey, we'd be talking to each other in a lovey dovey way forever and ever, lol. I know, unrealistic, lol, but even the realistic side isn't that bad. How I remember those lovey dovey talks in the telephone booth... or guard post... lol]. And, she really wasn't that 'strong' for that long, became rather weak in the knees and quavering of voice fast [btw, I do seem to have that kind of affect on some girls. I like the affect when she holds her hand to her chest, and takes a deep sigh as if longingly. Admiration. I once quipped to some guy "I'm only looking for your undying love and admiration, lol.", makes me wonder how much her admiration came from that desire.] I guess she came across that way initially. And I'm getting "forceful and unquestioned" when speaking for "Strong personality". ( http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?t=722456 )

I guess that pretty accurately describes the initial encounter, the force behind her words. There was no inhibition when speaking when she felt something, and she likely felt more strongly because she was valued in that little society of hers she's in the middle of. Maybe that's what I could detect, how she was valued by the way she acted. I didn't initially think she looked cute/hot, but I guess she looked cuter after hearing her speak. I want to say she looked pretty cute, but I didn't think that initially, so I don't know if I could say that. I think it's partially the way she acted that made her cute,like when she got mad. I'm not really sure what she was mad of: how she hated her hometown or how a foreigner was moving to her town. I was getting the sense it was the former, but I think maybe it's because she was comparing it to the nicer parts of Houston. Or portland. Seemed to have a fondness of portland. In my opinion, this town isn't that bad at all compared to some cities I've seen.

But, I kind of think she hated her hometown because she was mistreated here. If that whole "Batshit crazy female with child sexual abuse issues" theory is correct for this particular individual, that might explain it, despite being valued by peers, she may have hated her homelife and she conflated her homelife with her town. Maybe she saw another place to stay as a ticket out of her current environment. The whole "You saved me" complex. That's purely hypothetical, I don't really know what the "you saved me" thing is referring to exactly. I'm not really sure what girls with this complex think they're being saved from. I half think they're appealing to the heroic notions in their 'rescuer', making them feel good about themselves. I once knew a girl who ridiculed these notions, because they were so cliche. She didn't like traditions, holidays nor cliches. I felt affronted, not liking holidays, lol,I love the decorations that abound during the holidays.

And, I just googled "undying love and admiration" and found.

https://quizlet.com/42419989/abnormal-psychology-final-chapter-16-flash-cards/

"The personality disorder that is characterized by the need for undying love and admiration is: narcissistic."

Lol, well, huh. I guess maybe I have a little of that, lol, I really meant that need for undying love and admiration kind of cheekily. I did end up winning their undying love and admiration in the end, though (As much as it didn't really matter... *cough* *cough* lol) But, seeing the kind of affect I can have on girls, I guess there's probably some substance there. What can I say? Girls love guys who are full of themselves, lol. And even if you have to fool yourself to make it happen, the positive feedback cycle that results can help solidify it. Of course, having something you worked hard for and have pride in helps a bit, I think. Pride seems to be important.

YOLO. I'm getting honey bees.

I figure if I need to sell off assets to get the house I desire for the first phase, then so be it.

I think honey bees would be a sound way to ensure good nutrition in case of famine. Either a recession-induced, busted-car-down-induced, loss-of-income-induced cause of famine.

While the immediate area doesn't seem to be ideal for bees, there seems to be plenty of ideal land within a 2mile radius. Flowers abound in these parts. The frequency I see bees in this area gives me the impression at least a colony or two are thriving nearby.

WOW! I was looking at where to find bees, and a website was telling me of an "Austin based supplier" which didn't sound too bad. Started the checkout process and found out they are literally 15 miles away!

What good fortune. (Google maps is telling me 19 miles)

So, just get the starter kit, then drive over there to pick me up some bees. :D

I guess you don't have enough to do now. When if ever will you get the trailer in the driveway? Will we ever see this courtyard house? Will we ever see SOLAR and I don't mean a panel on the shed. That wouldn't be Solar as promised. I can almost guarantee we will never see any of this, since it will not happen if you keep talking and not producing. Get to work, it will be winter before you know it. Last never is, WE WILL NEVER SEE any of this since you are hiding somewhere else. NEVER a real picture of anything you have posted about, NEVER!

So Daunless, what was the Youtube for, to get him more sidetracked? You know he is too busy to play with a hula hoop when he can't handle a woman. :lol: :lol:

Dan

Sorry, just feeling so excited right now! I promise I'll get the processes started soon enough (Of course, I've been saying that since 2 hours ago, lol.)

See, handling woman.

I think this means "Manipulating women to make them do what you want".

Yes, I've seen veins in this direction.

From claiming "All these girls want to sex me up" to your girlfriend to getting the local "alpha male" put it in a goodword for you, yeah, I've heard it all.

I really don't think that's necessary. Maybe some women need the manipulation, but I strongly believe being a strong man going after what you want produces good results. Assuming you've established the rapport, if you feel an urge, don't hold back. I just have too much experience with that to convince me otherwise, lol. If you want to get into the relationship realm, sharing hopes, dreams, plans, ambitions has a lot to do with it. Some girls seem to have certain relationship expectations (Please talk to me, support me, etc.) that seem important to them.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of getting this bee colony going! The flower season is escaping me.

Looks like the bee-buying 'season' is from April-May and the local bee apiary is SOLD OUT. I also found out from the local apiary that a "package" or "nuc" would be needed when starting from no bees, which is essentially a colony and a queen. These appear to go for $200 or thereabouts.

I'm not really sure if it's viable to start with a queen and, say, 10 bees (That'd be like $10)... I'd think it'd fill up the frames fast, but I don't really know.

I'm not saying I couldn't afford to plunk down $500 for a setup, but it'd introduce some operational risks at this point in time. Maybe next year. There's lots of things that should be started in the march-april-may time... like watermelons, fruits, crops,etc.; I guess maybe I'm just "getting everything prepared" this year for next year.

God dang it, I want to producing some food or something some time this year. I don't care what it is, tomatos in my greenhouse? My god, SOMETHING! lol.

I need to start chainsawing the trees into logs to get access to the other trees for delimbing them, which means I'll need to have my big generator available during the evening hours. Right now, I'm swamped with orders, so that's not going to be really happening for at least another 2 days or so.

38 degress inside the RV with fan going as of 12 p.m.; 100F. Yeah, that's what I'd call warm! It's bearable with the fan, but it'd explain why merely standing away from the flow of air produces sweat in a few seconds, lol.

It's rumored that https://www.kelleybees.com sells packages and nucs (colony+queen) for a pretty good price. Didn't see any on the site, so I've emailed them.

Anyway, in regard to setting up solar to run my entire business...

That's like $3000. I didn't really know how much energy my business took until I started figuring out how much gas my generator was consuming, and by the time I figured it out, I realized I vastly underestimated the necessary solar costs. And, $3000 is money better spent elsewhere. Like, I could get almost the entire front wing built for that kind of money.(Well, maybe closer to $5000 but you get my drift.)

I think getting solar for my shed would be appropriate, because on the days I wasn't running my business (Rest days/down days), I would essentially be running the fans and whatnot off the sun. The alternative is running off the genny which takes about a gallon of gas a day, so assuming I'm running at full capacity half the month, I'd be saving about 15 gallons a month or $30 a month, which better justifies the $400 solar costs.

What I'm really hoping is that my neighbor moves in, then he'll get electricity installed to his house, then I'll just get electricity to mine. :mrgreen: That might be another half year or so. I don't suspect that he's going to run off genny like I am. I seem to be just about the only person running off genny in the entire neighborhood, lol. The people without electric lines simply living without electricity. And, they bicycle and wow, they are some skinny mofos. (They don't have a significant source of income like I.)

Anyway, I'm planning for the RV getting my driveway on Sunday morning, weather permitting.

Getting depressed now because another dream has been popped. FML, lol.

I actually do wonder if I could start off with a handful of workers and a queen. The queen lays eggs, so as long as there's enough workers to take care of her needs (Get honey, remove waste, impregnate her, etc.), I would think the colony would grow. I just don't know what the minimum colony size necessary would be; could be like an atomic bomb with a critical mass number.

This place, http://nj-vegetable-crops-online-resources.rutgers.edu/2015/04/assessment-of-honeybee-colony-size-strength/ , says about 6-8 frames of adult bees. Essentially a "package" or "nuke" that I've seen anywhere from $70 back in 2013 KY to $200 locally. So, could possibly get started anywhere from $260 based on 2013 prices to $400 locally on 2017 prices.

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251209

I see, a bowsaw is ideal for cutting fallen trees into logs without using a chainsaw. I happen to have one of those that I've never used. It's designed for "greenwood", though, I'm not sure how ideal it is for pines and oak. I think I'll try it out tonight, and I should be getting the rest of the shed midge proofed soon. And, I'll ramp up to 100% within 15 minutes. This morning's burning questions of when, where, how much have been answered well.

First, show us you can handle a hulahoop. THEN we'll talk about letting you try out a woman.

Wasn't it William Blake who said 'There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception?' Why no, it was Aldous Huxley, he was on drugs at the time.

[youtube]mu_pNeqAQ-U[/youtube]
[youtube]OsRHN61oZUU[/youtube]
06c12d02b25c54168b1c7371ca7abb36.jpg

The 2000w honda generator bit the dust. Engine seized. Can't pull the pullcord. The engine was working pretty well until it just simply died. The oil replacement light coming on every 50 hours was a little odd, and it acted like it was stalling every now and the
n, but nothing that'd suggest something like engine seizure. I thought honda engines were rated upto 10,000 hours or so?

And, got the 1400w generator and it doesn't seem to really run the load that effectively. Seems to lose out on voltage stability past I'd guess 30% load, so items on the UPS pretty much randomly turn off past 50% load. I really need to replace the UPS battery, but it's definitely tripping the UPS's pretty frequently. I'm going to wire in the existing 12V battery bank to the UPS and hope that improves it, so I can fully use the generator for its rated capacity. I was hoping I could.

Figuring out the power solution is going to take some time and thinking. Maybe even more money. And, this is just not good timing; so many costly items have been biting the dust requiring replacement in the last month, which has been really eating savings.

The food bill is pretty trimmed down. I'd guess it's now down to about $40 per week. And vehicle gas is about $16 per week. Then operational gas has been about $30 per week. So about at $90/week. That hypothetically leaves a generous discretionary income amount, it just doesn't feel like it when $1000 has been spent in the period of a month on big item replacements, infrastructure and fixtures. And, now my new generator appears to be kind of crappy, lol, not running my UPSs all that well. I'm going to change out the oil tomorrow morning and hope it becomes more voltage stable.

I wonder what exactly this generator was supposed to be good at running according to the reviews. I'm guessing not UPSs, lol.

Anyway, I need to think through my power solution. Not quite running at 100% capacity as desired at the moment.

And, yep, appears my UPS's battery is dying under this generator. That's not very good.

I think I can take it back?

I'll change the oil tomorrow morning and see if it improves. I'm hoping it should.

Looking at it closer, it seems to have problems maintaining at least 108v when load is at 700w. Wow, what the hell... Let's hope an oil change improves it tomorrow, lol. Because that's just pathetic for a 1400 running watt rated generator.

My 900 running watt honda has better operation capability than this.It can run this 700w load effortlessly without problems.

Okay, tried out the bowsaw, worked pretty well until I got about 5 inches down and then pretty slow-going from there; this was a 20 inch pine I have to cut into logs. It's obvious to me this isn't the ideal tool for getting these kind of trees done, lol. It might be effective for the smaller trees (10 inch diameter), but it's a joke for the larger trees.

Maybe I need a better technique. Time to watch some vids.

Lol, all the bow saw vids show all these <10 inch trees. Of course, lol. They do however show a downward slanting angle, I'll try it.

Update: Okay tried the new techinque. Got more wood cut, but it still was very slow going past 5 inches down, lol. I have 15 more inches to go, lol. I think I'm going to run the chainsaw on these, I'm hoping the 1400w generator can do it, it's supposedly rated upto 1800w peak.

For the generator, I think I'll wire in my 100ah batteries to each of the UPSs. I'm hoping that should make them last throughout the day. And, I'm hoping performance should be better tomorrow. Right now, I might just run my 1000w honda in parallel until I figure out a better solution.

Thinking of new power solutions.

Rearrange the batteries into 24V..

Nevermind.

It appears after about 4 hours of use, the UPS recharged in about within 20 minutes. So, it appears it isn't draining at a great rate. I guess the issue is, then making sure the UPS doesn't just drop out. I could replace the batteries in the ups or wire in one of my existing batteries. I'd prefer to wire in my existing batteries. Now, I only need to find my power wires, I wonder where they are... I think they are in the RV... or maybe the van... or maybe one of the bags... I checked the bags in the past, though, didn't find them there. I just concluded I didn't have any power wires, but I don't want to believe it, seems hard to believe I wouldn't bring that along.

Practical Beekeeping. Best booklet you could have. Take a little flour and dust any bees you can find on flowers, then, follow them to the hive or hollow tree. It's called "coursing". "Green wood" is wood freshly cut, like, you are green to subsistence living. :roll: :mrgreen:

Maybe ask around for a local beekeeper. He might set you up with a hive that wants to swarm. Capture the swarm and place it in a Tall hive box. Then, later on, place supers on top of that. Don't expect much honey the first year because the bees have to build stores to take them through the winter. Place sugar water in an inverted jar with a hole poked in the lid very close to the hive so they can access the drops from that hole.

Yeah, ran several hives years ago. GET THAT BOOK. Biggest enemy of bees, after aerial spraying, is mites and moths. Can't remember the name of the moths right now. They get into a weak colony and build cocoons and such and eat the larva as they are growing in the comb decimating the colony.

Harold in CR said:
Practical Beekeeping. Best booklet you could have. Take a little flour and dust any bees you can find on flowers, then, follow them to the hive or hollow tree. It's called "coursing". "Green wood" is wood freshly cut, like, you are green to subsistence living. :roll: :mrgreen:

Maybe ask around for a local beekeeper. He might set you up with a hive that wants to swarm. Capture the swarm and place it in a Tall hive box. Then, later on, place supers on top of that. Don't expect much honey the first year because the bees have to build stores to take them through the winter. Place sugar water in an inverted jar with a hole poked in the lid very close to the hive so they can access the drops from that hole.

Yeah, ran several hives years ago. GET THAT BOOK. Biggest enemy of bees, after aerial spraying, is mites and moths. Can't remember the name of the moths right now. They get into a weak colony and build cocoons and such and eat the larva as they are growing in the comb decimating the colony.

I've heard of "mite screens" which apparently keeps the mites out. I noticed some of the Amazon kits didn't come with mite screens looking at the dismayed comments, some did. Do these mite screens also keep out the moths? Or, do they just enter the entrance feeder just like the bees do?

There is a local bee apiary whom I've called. They appear to be completely sold out. Maybe I should advertise on craigslist wanted, might get some hits, probably not... who knows. Maybe someone could hook me up. Posted it, not seeing it in the search. Maybe it'll show up eventually.

Funny, I /did/ find someone else who's looking for honey bees that happens to live /right here/ out of all places in Houston. Looks like there's fellow subsisters in this immediate area. They might even have a garden, I wonder who it might be...

Just emailed them, might or might not find out.

I just saw a dead honey bee in my pale of water. I know they are in the area.

AND... I just realized I couldn't possibly cut the 20 inch pine with my greenwood bowsaw. The top tube to the sawblade clearance is like 13 inch; The top tube would be stopping the saw about 13 inches down, lol. Yeah, okay, I can definitely tell that this device was specifically designed for 13-inchers or less. How did they split these trees back in the old days?

The engine does not have to be seized when you can't pull the rope. Something can be binding up the rope itself. You take the cowling off to check. If you think the engine is seized, you can try draining the oil, (Is this a horizontal or vertical engine?) then pouring a little home brew of automatic transmission fluid with some Berryman B-12 Chemtool, or some Lucas Oil, or whatever you might want to try through the spark plug hole to run down. On a V-8 you want to use an oil squirt so you can get it all around, but on an inline engine that's level it'll spread itself around.

So you want to go find someone who wants to get rid of the bees that have taken up residence in their backyard, etc. They'll be THRILLED to have you take the bees. My next door neighbor went through this recently. You'll need a vacuum:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bee-Sucker/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-Bee-Vacuum-that-Really-Sucks/

You might also want to help make them feel at home once you've found them.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Bee-and-Beekeeping-Projects/

http://www.instructables.com/id/Solitary-Bee-Habitat/

Yeah, I think the engine is seized. The generator died, so I tried pulling and it felt much harder to pull than usual. But, I pulled it anyway with the choke on, it was running for a few seconds, switched it to run mode and it ran for about 3 seconds before suddenly stopping. And, at that point, the pullcord simply couldn't be pulled anymore. No longer just merely clunky and hard like last time, just won't.

I'll try that sparkplug hole concoction.

Could be that the recoil rope starting mechanism is jammed. The best rope-pull starting system just consists of a rope wound around a specially shaped and notched pully which holds the knotted end of a Iength of rope with a wooden center pull handle at the other end.
You eat enough bananas to justify planting some. :wink:

Well, the generator has /never/ just suddenly stopped running after few seconds but it DID this time! Add in the fact it went from "kind of hard to pull" to "impossible to pull" inbetween tells me something f'ed up the engine, not the pullcord. If the pullcord went kaputz, the engine would've kept on running just fine but it didn't.

Anyway, bananas are good but they take 18 months to grow and they require a non-freezing environment during the winter, which can't be guaranteed here, unless I got a greenhouse. Anyway, 18 months is definitely low in terms of land productivity. I was told by a puerto rican girl that bananas require lots of acres, and I believe it. For calorie crops, I think I have a better chance of growing and storing whatever I can grow during the warmer months with a short enough fruiting cycle and hope it can be canned. Like corn. Corn is a classic southern staple, and for good reason - it grows well here and it can be stored and used throughout the winter. Some kind of peas are another good calorie crop for this area.

For it being "easy to grow here", I do wonder why I don't see more of it around here... maybe it doesn't grow well here... or maybe it gets too attacked by bugs...

I do see a lot of "berry"/"grape"/"tomato" farms, usually u-pick-it types. Not quite a calorie crop, but I get the sense that at least some prehistoric people subsisted off berries. Though, I do wonder how much root vegetables (Like potatos and sweet potatos) they got as well... (Kind of hard to believe subsisting entirely on wild berries for calories.)

Anyway, seeing that my world has been shattered by my dead honda engine, I've lost faith in Honda's small engines in terms of longevity. Looking back, I likely ran it for about 2000 hours. At 30mph average, that suggests their motorcycles are designed to die at 60,000 miles. Is that the going rate for motorcycles? I would've assumed their small engines were comparable to their car engines with an engine life of 10,000 hours, but apparently not. I have a 2000 hour data point, lol. I guess the fact it's air-cooled does suggest it would have a shorter life than their water cooled car engines, but I didn't expect 5 times shorter, lol.

Anyway, that kind of death rate drastically changes things. I can't be putting in $1000 every 6 months, that's like $200/month for power generation equipment. The profit margins barely justify that currently. I'm only betting that this $200 engine will last me 4 months, and it'll be covered on warranty (Has 2 year replacement plan), and assuming they honor that warranty, that $200 should last me at least a year, bringing down the power generation equipment monthly cost to less than $20. But that is assuming they will honor the warranty.

(I really want to connect to mains power now. I didn't think generators would be this expensive/problematic to operate. The current generator seems a little iffy [spontaneously turning off after 10 seconds of running has me going, lol]. So, I'm feeling somewhat repulsed by generator power now. I'm just wondering how I could pull this off... running ten 12 gauge 50 foot cords down to my neighbors house, running alongside the road? lol.)

Anyway, I'm just /hoping/ that a particular brand I'm looking isn't using "fulfilled by amazon". Amazon shipping sucks, lol.

Okay, got replacement batteries for my UPS, and I'm just going to parallel the generators for now.

And, someone offered me to remove a hive from "inside the house at a corner".

Now I'm not really sure how I would capture one of these things. Do I just throw it in a box and close it? Something tells me it's not that easy seeing that fancy bee vacuum contraption.

Anyway, house is still on the agenda, but stabilizing the power solution is a mighty high priority right now.

I had high hopes for the generator, seeing as to how only one bar was gone on my UPS. But, running it now this morning, it's now down to 2 bars out of 5. If the trend continues, I have a feeling that the UPS will soon die.

Lol...

I can tell the stress has been getting to me. The feeling of me being in a crashing plane soon to run into the ground kind of sucks, lol. That feeling of seeing the inevitable and hopelessness all at once...

Yep, it just died. FML.

Wow, my little 1000w honda generator is the only thing that can really run my equipment right now. And based on how long the 2000w generator lasted, i don't really want to depend on it too much.

It seems the problem with the new genny is that the load can't be too variable in its power demands, so it can run one varying power load, but it can't run two simultaneously without killing the UPS. And, I need the UPS to keep the power on just in case the generator dies or I need to turn off the generator to refuel. (I can't just turn off the equipment; loses data)

Anyway, I guess if the power demands were constant enough, the generator likely wouldn't have a problem. Hard time imagining a constant power source with varying loads at the end. I guess I could put the mains batteries in perpendicular,than hook up my 24V server power supply to charge the batteries/run the equipment. The 24V battery would provide stability to the equipment, and the server power supply likely doesn't get affected too badly by a varying generator voltage, at least not enough to kill it like it kills my UPS (UPS is constantly boosting the voltage draining the battery). But, that's assuming a lot. The equipment needs 50A, and the batteries will need who knows how much, and the server supply is rated 77A... so will it work in this 100F environment... I don't know. I would just hope after all the work of hooking it up, it would, lol.

As to charging the batteries, I guess the 24V server power supply would be the charger.

Gosh, finding a good power solution to operate at 100% capacity.

I really just want to run a power cord down to my neighbor's house, lol.

I'm working at 75% capacity now with my 1000w honda and 1400w champion. The 2000w honda could operate at 100% capacity.

Okay, so I'm thinking...

Let's connect 3 to the honda, nothing else. Then the 1400w champion can power everything else. That should get me working at 100% capacity at least for now. Not exactly a good solution longterm seeing as to how my honda generator will die in like 4 months, lol.

Okay, with it just running one varying load, the genny seems to be doing fine with the UPS. The battery is gaining capacity, lol.

It can't handle more than one directly.

I'm thinking I could rearrange to put upto a certain number on a 24V battery system, powered by a server power supply, and I'm thinking that should have little problem with overheating/over-amperage etc, then one printer could be hooked upto the UPS directly. I'm thinking that should reduce the amount of varying load as seen by the genny, making the voltage stable enough to run all the equipment at once. But, there would be some variance with the server power supply, I just don't know how much - I think it would be less with the batteries, just don't know how much less. I would have to "try it out".

So, that means I'd need to wire it all up and test it out. And the server power supply pin config is in here somewhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back