CA set up...please walk me through

Dingo2024

100 W
Hi guy's,

I feel stupid asking this :oops: ..... but here goes

I have finally got around to wiring up my CA (V2.2) SA to run a current throttle (page 19 section 9.3 of the manual) today. Connected the throttle wires and controller and the motor run up instantly to full speed. :shock:
I understand that I need to set the max amps in the set up menu to stop this happening? Does the voltage and speed also need adjusting?

Looked at the manual and tried a few times but nothing.........could someone please walk me through this (very slowly) as I am obviously doing something wrong....is it in basic or advanced set up?

thanks in advance

Ian :D

I realise you have read the instructions, as you refer to them, but it says that:

Note that it is essential to set the
AuxVoltage input (see 8.17) to either the current or speed limit first,
otherwise the system will take off at full power when turned on.

Have you enabled the "AuxVoltage" input? To be honest I have never even seen what options it gives you when you go into AuxVoltage input, is it binary "on"/"off" or does it give you options re the current or volts? But I presume the answer is you have to do something with the AuxVoltage option, as well as the MaxAmps?

Both of those are in the advanced part of the settings, for which when you go through the options, and get to "Advanced" hold down right for a few seconds if I recall right.

Sorry if this comment is obvious, but you said in your post that you thought the answer lay in the MaxAmps settings, I was just pointing out the first thing you need to address is the AuxVoltage setting to stop the full throttle thing.

If none of this helps, rather than PM Justin, you might get a faster response by just emailing ebikes.ca.

Cheers, Phil.

Philistine said:
I realise you have read the instructions, as you refer to them, but it says that:

Note that it is essential to set the
AuxVoltage input (see 8.17) to either the current or speed limit first,
otherwise the system will take off at full power when turned on.

Have you enabled the "AuxVoltage" input? To be honest I have never even seen what options it gives you when you go into AuxVoltage input, is it binary "on"/"off" or does it give you options re the current or volts? But I presume the answer is you have to do something with the AuxVoltage option, as well as the MaxAmps?

Both of those are in the advanced part of the settings, for which when you go through the options, and get to "Advanced" hold down right for a few seconds if I recall right.

Sorry if this comment is obvious, but you said in your post that you thought the answer lay in the MaxAmps settings, I was just pointing out the first thing you need to address is the AuxVoltage setting to stop the full throttle thing.

If none of this helps, rather than PM Justin, you might get a faster response by just emailing ebikes.ca.

Cheers, Phil.

thanks Phil for taking the time to reply :wink: your comment is obvious now that I have taken the time to look through the manual fully :oops: the AuxVoltage is off / on from what I can see quickly scrolling through the menu (it is currently switched off) so if I can find some time tommorow I will give it a go...........and report back (crosses fingures all will be ok)

thanks again

Ian :D

Back