• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Can somebody replace bearings for my HS3540 in the UK?

zooz

10 W
Hi people,

Just recently, after 4k kilometres I noticed that my read hub motor is a little wobbly at low speeds. Initially I thought it was my rear tire, but it turned out to be the bearings.

I am just wondering whether somebody could repair my rear motor and replace bearings? I live in London, UK, so someone who lives locally would be ideal.

Thanks,
zooz

It'd be nice if we all had ebike mechanics on our corners, but that isn't the reality of ebikes today (maybe in the future). Have you considered trying to figure it out yourself? I don't know how you measure bearings, but I bet you could take the bearing to a bike shop and they could at least measure it for you, then see what they have or research online for something better. I imagine from there it's a matter of repacking the grease and closing everything up. I've never done this before (yet) myself, maybe someone else who has done this can say what you need to do it, all I know for sure is, if someone can do it, you can too. I don't think it's a very difficult task. Opening the motor is the only thing that sounds iffy in my imagination, but I am sure that can be done too.

Here is a neat piece of information, they say the cost of any task is 80% labor. I often take that into account when doing things myself and use it to justify buying whatever quality parts or tools I may be buying.

Back