• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Can this be fixed? Falco 500W stripped axle threads

lameduck

10 mW
Hey all, before I send this motor back to the seller whom I bought it from (Item was sold as being in perfect working condition) I wanted to find out if it is fixable. The shaft/bolt of the Falco hub is badly stripped (See attached images). What are your guys thoughts, is this fixable? I know you can re-thread, but it looks to be stripped down pretty far...

IMG_6066.JPG.jpg
IMG_6067.JPG.jpg

I do not know about falco motors or the company.
A replacement axle is usually a job for a local machinist and would not be cheap.

If you want to avoid replacing the axle, whihc is usually a fairly major undertaking for the typical hubmotor, you could instead simply have it rethreaded to a slightly smaller diameter, then use a new nut that fits teh new thread / axle size.

If you have any experience at using tap-and-die sets, you might be able to do this on your own. If not, it'll cost a lot less to have someone do that than it would to have them replace the axle (especially if they ahve to make it first).

A question, though: What caused the problem itself?

I actually don't know what caused the problem. I purcahased this system used online as the description said "1 yr old, great working condition!" It was not until I received it that I saw the description was not accurate :-(. I have already arranged to return it for a full refund. I really wanted a Falco as I have read good things about them...but I guess if the price is too good to be true, then you probably should not buy a used motor :)

The person who sold you that knew full well it was unusable..

I'd go for the refund.

Back