can we use two different voltages in one pack

recumbent

100 kW
I have three, 30volt lipo packs in parallel, and three, 22 volt lipo packs in parallel, wired together in series to make 52 volts, nominal. All packs are 5.8 AHr's from Hobby King.

Will they drain equally?

My thinking was to use my exsisting 48 volt bulk charger and controler. However i do have a proper icharger 208B to balance the batteries, and two Celllogs to keep things monitored.

These six batteries will be packed snugly into my panniers like my old LIFEPO4 were for the last two years.

Should work perfectly, and should put a big smile on your face. :)

Sure, I do stuff like that all the time, and always have similar discharge levels. I have lots of 5s packs, and then can combine with 6s or 4s depending on the voltage I want to run today. I'll use 20s, 24s, 26s or 28s.

Thank you,

I was worried that it might drain the smaller voltage packs even though it had the same AHrs.

Now i feel better... Just need the temperature to warm up so I can ride with 50% more Ahrs, finally.

Thanks again.

Even if you have th Ah mismatched, you simply have to monitor the smallest one, and stop in time. So no big deal for an experiment.

dogman said:
Even if you have th Ah mismatched, you simply have to monitor the smallest one, and stop in time. So no big deal for an experiment.

Okay, that makes sense. These "Celllogs" are great for that kind of thing. And having my "CA" will also keep me informed until i learn the pattern of the new Lipo cells.

I've already cycled all the cells a few times, and fortunately they are matched near perfect from the factory.

Back