CAV3 not outputting throttle signal to controller [help!]

This is my first time using the cycle analyst. I have verified that that my throttle (magura) connected directly to the controller works fine.

However, when I connect the throttle to my cav3 and cav3 to my motor controller nothing happens. I am using a Lyen controller which has the ca connector already installed on it. In the ca setup menu the throttle display shows nothing as I twist the magura throttle. What could be wrong?

Have you looked in the unofficial users' guide?
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=37964&start=225#p571345

Please download the Unofficial Guide and associated Errata document from here and have at the installation procedure.

That should address your issues - if not, at least we'll all be on the same page regarding the installation and configuration and can work from there... :D

(Oops - another posting race and MattyCiii won!)

So I excitedly read the manual 2 months ago when I ordered everything and forgot this small detail yeaterday; add a resistor in series with the 5v ref wire to the magura or the ca detects a fault! Doh!

I soldered a 2k resistor in this morning and it's been working great so far! Sorry for the dumb question :roll:

Back