• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Charging 18650 Battery Packs ??

randyc1

100 W
How does one charge a DIY 18650 10s4p battery pack , with or without BMS.

Love to see Pics of the method used if possible ??

Thanks

randyc1 said:

Thanks
i noticed it seems like news to some but you can use any rc lipo charger as the max voltages are the exact same, 4.2v.

You might want to look at all the various battery build threads around here, as they probably have the info you are after (and more that you will probably want to know).

TheBeastie said:
randyc1 said:

Thanks
i noticed it seems like news to some but you can use any rc lipo charger as the max voltages are the exact same, 4.2v.

...I Have a Turnigy Reaktor 300w 20A, can i charge a (10S4P 18650 Battery Pack) ??

Yes you can but not 10 cell in serie. you need to charge 6 cell in serie and then 4 cell in serie. Turnigy Reaktor can only charge max 6 Lithium cell in serie,

electricbike said:
Yes you can but not 10 cell in serie. you need to charge 6 cell in serie and then 4 cell in serie. Turnigy Reaktor can only charge max 6 Lithium cell in serie,

Ok so not very convenient !, takes forever to charge a pack that way !

I read somewhere. where the person was using a simple "Evolve" Battery Charger for his DIY 10s4p pack, even without a BMS,... how is that wired for a charger like that?

Back