Choices and Reasons

bobbill

100 W
Noob? with Grin 36v motor hub, controller combo.

3P10S or
4P10S or
No real difference, save size/weight?

Does mAmp battery levels make a difference?

Explain a difference in what, exactly. Are these two battery packs supposed to be different size cells but the same output? An additional row of batteries you build is an additional row to have problems. If you don't use up the less powerful pack, a bigger one doesn't really make a difference until maybe one day you do need the extra range, or whatever.

Dauntless, as I thought and wanted to be sure...the added, parallels only invite more potential complications, while really not needed to power the motor...except maybe adding longer discharge time? (I posted and did more research. Lots going on here but am learning a bit more daily.) Thanks, Dauntless. I have two rigs, one is 20" folder I already set up and a 26" wheel Dynamik with rack over rear and had in mind to use same Grin material but add some cells, which just complicate the rig more.

if you can make the battery bigger: do so. a battery is never too big, only too small.

bigger battery also lives longer as the load per cell is lower.

flippy Thanks, and agree. The rub might be the trade-offs...

Okay, simply put, a 10s3p or a 10s4p,,, seems so close to me, the smaller pack seems more efficient (for rider). Just woking it out.

lager pack = less amps = more effciency.

It's still more important for it to be what you need. Another thread has a guy talking about 60 mile range on a 350w bike. Being told what that will weigh, while I don't think you plan on getting 60 miles on a 350w bike.

What is this battery intended to do?

The idea was to go up the mile, not so steep hill, to home...but is so much fun, to ride maybe 10 miles also.

I figure either will do it, but the 10S4P adds weight and slightly more chance to fix and that the lighter 10S3P is just about right size...and maybe use on a 26" Dynamik CF rig. I can make two packs and do not mind charge time. (Small town)

it would only add 500 grams or so. nothing you will notice. just take a piss before getting on the bike to compensate for the extra 10 cells. but it will prevent the voltage sagging under load and the power delivery becoming "flaccid" when the pack drains.

bobbill said:
Noob? with Grin 36v motor hub, controller combo.

3P10S or
4P10S or
No real difference, save size/weight?

Does mAmp battery levels make a difference?
You want to get as many ah as you can for more range, so I would go for the 4P 10 S. More acceleration power and hillclimbing torque, also. With a smaller AH pack you get the same top speed but less range and weight.

As you said, it. a hair bigger.

Changed me plan...to 4P using Agniusm's NESE modules, I can figure how to hook up balance wires and get one module to hold BMS...
Means I will have one 3P and one 4P pack wind Grin front hub and controller set.

Thanka Flippy 'n Rtlship

Back