Coffee Before or After breakfast ?

Do you drink coffee before, during, or after breakfast ?

• Before

Votes: 23 21.7%
  • During

Votes: 22 20.8%
  • After

Votes: 20 18.9%
  • All of the above

Votes: 46 43.4%
  • I don't drink coffee

Votes: 12 11.3%

• Total voters
I have sleep issues that causes anything more than one cup after noon to be a problem. I drink a cup first thing for the wake-up and for the chemical 'trigger' my body is used to. :wink:

I'm also on a regiment where I try not to have fluids 60 minutes before and 90 minutes after I eat, and no fluids with my meals. So that forces the coffee to be first thing.

Ypedal said:
What got me started with this....

Since i've been home from my old 8am to 4pm mon-fri job, i've started getting my diet, mind, and life in order.... for the last 16 years i've been running like a chicken with it's head cut off.. taking sleep aids and drinking to get to sleep, force myself up in the morning and go to a job that i hated, eat like crap during 15 minute breaks with fat and salt snack foods.. etc etc etc......
Quality of life choices are interesting, yes?

My Nephew works in a pharmacy on the East Coast and says this:
So I have noticed that a number of adults in this area have prescriptions for stimulants (Adderall, Ritalin, Concerta, Vyvanse) and also have prescriptions for some kind of anxiolytic (Ativan, Xanax, Valium) to be used "as needed for anxiety" and also have prescriptions for some kind of sedative for insomnia (Ambien, Ambien CR, Lunesta).

So let me get this straight... You live in such a fast paced lifestyle that you feel the need to be hyped up to function during the day, but it makes you restless and nervous so you take another pill for that, and since you're all jacked up on stimulants you can't sleep so you take another pill for that?

I love it when doctors prescribe medications for side effects of medications.

No matter which way you brew your coffee, Drip, Filter, Press, Espresso, etc etc....there are a few simple basics that make ALL of them taste much better..
Fresh roasted beans...between 6 to 10 days after roasting. Find a good local coffee roaster near you.
never use store bought pre packed beans.. They are too old.
Never use pre ground coffee beans....ground coffee starts to go stale 15 mins after grinding.
Grind fresh for each brew. The quality of the grinder is more important than the type of brewer or espresso machine.
Never use one of those whizzy blade type spice grinders.

Nescafé is NOT real coffee and Nespresso is a very poor substitute.!
Most people have never tasted good coffee.

Fresh roast is awesome! 8)
We have a roaster here in Redmond: One gig had me taking the bus to the job site and I'd pop into this place on the way to the stop. It was the absolute best experience next to sex.

Hillhater said:
Never use one of those whizzy blade type spice grinders.
Wot's wrong with those? :shock:

I have tried several types of grinders; the best was the hand-crank Turkish Grinder, but it also took the longest and not very convenient when yer camping and it's 25°F outside. :lol:

Recently I purchased another "wizzy blade" type to replace my old worn out solder; the plan was to put it out to pasture and use it for the occasional nut-grinding job. But the new grinder, though well-built ground beans so poorly that I've swapped them back again.

One trick that works for me to reduce the "dust" from the grind is that I'll put 3 to 5 drops of water onto the beans before grinding, sort of like you might do with a shot of single-malt; in this case the droplets inhibit the static bond between the particles and the plastic, allowing for better dispensing into the brewing apparatus.

My brewer is the type where you fill the void with water and it perks it into the pot. I use a gold filter because I dislike the taste of paper which in itself reminds me of oxidation (staling) of beer. Can't be having that!

One last note: I keep my beans in the freezer to assuage spoilage.

Slurrrp! KF

As a programmer, coffee is my nectar of the gods.
Other than maybe a muffin when I get to work, it's all I consume during the day...until about 5:00 when I get home.

If not working, I usually only have one or two in the morning.

https://nootrobox.com/go-cubesLooks like Soylent Brown. :? Think I'll stick to crunchy, addictive beans. :p
Chewable Coffee
GO CUBES are the future of coffee. GO CUBES combine the kick of coffee with the relaxation of green tea. And instead of putting your coffee in a cup, you can put it in your pocket, for performance on the go.
GO CUBES pack half a cup of coffee (50 mg caffeine) into a single cube. But it's more than just coffee. Through Nootrobox's R&D, we've reduced the jitteriness of caffeine and added nootropics for a well-rounded, steady and focused feel.
GO CUBES come in convenient 4-packs. Since each CUBE is equal to half a cup of coffee, a 4-pack is equal to 2 cups. GO CUBES are sold as either a sampler of 6 x 4-packs or as a full box of 20 x 4-packs.

hqdefault.jpg

Well, I'd probably do it before and after. To clear out the existing staph aureus colonies before loading down the carbs, and to clear out the staph aureus colonies already on the food after I eat it. (Preferably, drinking it with the meal, making sure it hits every square inch of the surface of that food, lol. And if we're lucky, the food might absorb some of it.)

That's how I eat my limes, anyways.

Absolutely before! I can't turn on my brain before i drink my first cofee ! :D

Looks like Kvan is a great spammer for the site he's linked in a couple of posts so far. Either is copypasta (with alterations or via double translation, etc), or is also the originator of the spam for the site in other forums, like this one here:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24424686#24424686
or these
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/dosearch.php?uid=410216
found in a google search for phrases out of kvan's posts.

Most likely is the same spammer, given the type of posts and links (including wikipedia), trying to look like a normal poster to keep from getting their spam links deleted.

markz said:
I never liked the taste of coffee, sometimes it actually makes me gag.

That's too bad. Of all the formats of caffeine, that's one of only a few that are actually good for you. Fortunately, if you like tea or mate, they're similarly beneficial. If you don't like those, well... eat your veggies.

Green Tea (25mg Black is 45mg) is a good alternative for me, I can gag down coffee if I must.
If I need a boost it used to be (on a rare occasion) Red Bull energy drink (80mg caf), but those keep me up too long, I bought a couple before noon once thats about the dead line. Other caffeine fixes would be 100mg caffeine pills (first thing in the morning) or cola (35-45mg which would be before 4pm dead line) Chocolate Milk mixed with Skim Milk or 1% has 5mg and I drink that before bedtime.

If I drink Coffee first thing in the morning it upsets my stomach so have been drinking water before coffee after watching a warning video on youtube ..I had a look for that video could not find it when came across the below vid on Coffee's effect on our Cortisol levels

Food for thought , especially if your not feeling well

[youtube]AwqldqSjQWY[/youtube]

What no room for lines of cocaine?

Hunter S. Thompson's Daily Routine Will Blow Your Goddamn Mind
  • 3:00 p.m. rise.
  • 3:05 Chivas Regal [whisky] with the morning papers, Dunhills [cigarrettes]
  • 3:45 cocaine.
  • 3:50 another glass of Chivas, Dunhill.
  • 4:05 first cup of coffee, Dunhill.
  • 4:15 cocaine.
  • 4:16 orange juice, Dunhill.
  • 4:30 cocaine.
I mean not for me natch, my physical liabilities preclude playing tag with the cocaine cowboys. Never was willing to inhale something made by "chemists" who got their degree with "ok, now you pour in the sulfuric acid"

Back