conhismotor preassembled ebikes any good?

conhismotorblack.jpg
http://conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=209

http://conhismotor.com/ProductShow.asp?id=208

these are just two of their bikes for under $1000 that come with their beefiest 48v 1000w motors, 48v 20Ah lithium battery, plus disk brakes.

I had never seen these bikes before until i went to their website but you can order them directly through paypal. If your in europe they have free shipping too! From what i hear you can run 72v through these motors without an issue, anything over 18s lipo will require drilling for cooling, but regardless.....are these bikes a really good deal or what?

The white one is a favourate with ebay scammers. That and the land-rover branded folder. The other ebay source want about $1300 and they claim to be the only supplier. This was nearly 12 months ago though, and I know the price was seasonal.

edit: 24kg before fitting the 7kg battery. That's quite hefty

One thing I can easily pick on is the battery claim. That alloy shell pack is a very common popular pack but practically the biggest 48v version I have seen is 10Ah (some may claim 12Ah) in Li-ion (not LifepO4 cos it wont fit at all in that size case in 48v)

20Ah 48v is pretty dubious claim, if you look at the page below BMSbattery only sell that sized battery case in 10Ah... Yet some how magically the conhismotor site have been able to put 20Ah in there? wow, never seen that before and I have looked at Ah in that size battery pack online for years now. I do have one actually a 36v 10ah version.
http://www.bmsbattery.com/48v/476-48v-10ah-lithium-ion-alloy-shell-ebike-battery-pack.html

You being in the USA you would be better off buying a BSO from wallmart (probably still get a much better bike) and that same cheap motor kit from ebay and put it on your self. Something trivial will break sooner or later (in either form factor you buy) and you will be in a much better position at fixing it your self down the road.

I was originally going to go with a conhismotor kit, 48v1000w with 48v 20ah battery seemed like a good deal then they tack on shipping which would have been half the cost of the purchase. If you put the white bike in your shopping cart and look at the shipping you could almost buy a whole nother bike, for me shipping would be $700 for a $999 bike....

As far as the battery pack, I don't see how the claim could be false. The 48v 10ah on bms battery is 385x110x80 and 4kg on conhis it is 380x110x80. The 48v 20ah on conhis is 482x110x80 and 8kgs. Just looking at the specs the batteries look to be of correct size, however longevity of them is the main factor that you are taking a risk on with the "ebay" sellers.

Zshortyz said:
As far as the battery pack, I don't see how the claim could be false. The 48v 10ah on bms battery is 385x110x80 and 4kg on conhis it is 380x110x80. The 48v 20ah on conhis is 482x110x80 and 8kgs. Just looking at the specs the batteries look to be of correct size, however longevity of them is the main factor that you are taking a risk on with the "ebay" sellers.
Well maybe you do get a 20Ah battery but it can not be in anyway the standard alloy shell along the seatpost type in the picture. I am quite familiar with this battery shell size I have spent hours and hours looking at sizes to determine if I can fit it in my bike triangle frame, and there is no x 2 the size version..

Edit, well maybe there is, find it hard to believe that can double the Ah in this form factor... but OK! :roll:
http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Exclusive-Big-Capacity-48V-20AH-Li-ion-Battery-with-Slim-Aluminium-Case-BMS-Charger-and-BMS/1697274034.html

That's an aliexpress exclusive. Or as we call it, a lie.

Lets crunch them dimensions again. The 10ah pack is 380mm long, but only 300mm of that is likely available. The 480mm long one likely gives a third more space at 400mm long. How does a third more space hold another pack. It's 10cm X 11cm X 8cm extra. Your not getting 4kg in 800cc (least I very much doubt it, when the first 4kg had three times more space)

There are some very high density cells out there now, but I also doubt that the black bike, the F1 has 20 ah of 48v in that behind the seat box.

The white bike might have 20 ah in the larger box. Then there is still another matter to discuss, is the nice numbers printed on the side of the cells in the box a real deal, or just a potential capacity that is never seen in real life.

Only way to find out, people get one and then post the results here.

They have free shipping on some of the bikes to "european countries" .......

I unfortunately do not live in a european country and have too much money tied up in other things(including my ebike)to make an investment like that at this time.

They also have a 48V 13Ah battery option available for the black bike which equates to about $80 cheaper.

I did a quick google search on "conhismotor" and couldnt find any negative reviews except a few people saying that their controllers with regen arent super reliable and that most of the controllers they sell have wiring thats just large enough to run at factory levels.

There are a few es members running the motors at 72v i guess though, with different controllers i believe. One review I found says that "conhismotor" is one of the leading ebike manufacturers in china and that for the price you really cant beat their stuff.

Anyone use conhismotor components on their diy bikes?

There's no need to doubt the battery capacity. Conhismotor are a reputable company that has been trading for a long time. All these Chinese suppliers have mistakes in their listings for weights and sizes, so I wouldn't take too much notice of them, but if it says 48v 20aH, that's what you'll get.

I've ordered stuff from them several times and not had any problems.

Leading ebike manufacturer?
He don't make these so has no control over them.

I don't doubt conhismotor, I have well founded doubts about the bike.

I have the F1 bike and other than the brakes (very bad) Its not a bad bike.
It will hit 34mph on the flat, but will still hit 20mph up most hills. It does not accelerate as good as my other bike that as a mac 8t.
Range I have got just under 30miles out of the battery zero peddling and 70% flat out, the motor got very hot.
The frame is built like a tank but its big and heavy. I think it will take a bigger motor because when you take the rear wheel out the frame gets wider by about 7" its very strange.
I would like to see what ping can make for a high volts battery to fit, 75v would be great.

Back