• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Controller damage on Tidal Force controller

jerome_speedy

100 mW
Hi all,

I happen to have applied an overvoltage to the stock TidalForce controller (Full 12S LifePO4 + Full 1S LiIon, which makes more than 44V). The controller sort of work, except: Cruise control and Turbo (the corresponding leds work fine, it's just their function doesn't).
The info stored on "Everyhting Tidal Force" on the net say that the logic board is fried, but doesn't say wahat exactly and where to look for. I'd like to get the Cruise and Turbo functions back on my TF, does anyone know how ? (very little chance I know since the TF is now old and everyone moved to other systems, but I figured I would ask here).

Thanks !

Erm, I'm out of luck at the moment, my TF gave up the ghost this afternoon while cruising at only 15 km/h ...

I *think* I pressed the brake levers and the thumb throttle at the same time. Now, only the pedestrian mode works :cry:
The bike deserved more than this senior moment :oops:

I started opening the flask (didn't succeed so far ...) but plan to change the proprietary system on the TF frame, like so many others did. I suppose there's no 7-phase controller compatible with the Tidal Force, is there ?

What are my options ? Thanks

I think your best option would be a new motor, controller, battery. Good frame for ebike.

I had this kind of option in mind. I ordered a 12 FET controller from Lyen, will probably use it with whatever powerful motor wheel I can get (RH205 or something newer). Thanks for the advice 8)

Back