controller issue for custom usage

evaleto

10 mW
Hi All,

I got the micro controller LSW70A and I would like to use it with a custom display and throttle. I started the simplest way, I've connected the battery, the motor and the throttle signal (0 .. 3,3V). Nothing happened except a red led blinking (500ms). Then I tryed to remove the throttle and use directly 5V+ from the controller to the HV signal (because my throttle has not the same "ground" as the controller). I also tryed to connect the ebrake to the ground (with a resistor), the led is still blinking and nothing happened.

I took a picture of the controller with the named signals: (HV throttle signal, SW weakness lock - what is it??, ebrake and 5VCC)
lsw70a-controller-small.jpg

I got some information from outrider (chinese), throttle signal seems to be 0V to 3.3V and also those signals names :
VP:Speed ​​sensor signal
HV:the signal of throttles
HX:Speed ​​signal
TOR:Torque sensor signal or display signal
SW:Weakness lock

I wrote several email to lsdzs... without answer.

Any suggestion will be really appreciated,

there is probably a red wire (i think it's called the ignition wire on other controllers i have seen) that needs to be connected to batt v+

you need to trace all the wires, but the controllers i have seen (similar controllers) there was an "ignition" wire

it is most likely close to the big resistor in the upper right corner in your picture

edit:
oh what about the hall wires? or is this a sensorless controller?

indeed, it was the issue. So it's the "Weakness lock (SW)" input on the controller. I think It help to put a lock and avoid the high current on ignition.
nieles said:
oh what about the hall wires? or is this a sensorless controller?
Yep!

Thank you so much nieles!

glad i could help out

what motor are you using?

i am also looking for a sensorless controller.. where did you get yours?
i would prefer a 12 fet controller my self.

Niels

nieles said:
glad i could help out
what motor are you using?
i am also looking for a sensorless controller.. where did you get yours?
Niels
I got motor and controller here http://www.h9.com.cn/ The motor is a tongxin (200W for 83mm fork) and the controller is the LSW70A (max 250W 14A).I choose the tongxin for the freewheeling. I will also try the bafang (from 8fun) if I can find one for 83mm fork.

Just one question, why there is controller with more than 6FET all motors are 3 phases ?

regards,
Olivier

a 3 phase brushless controller needs atleast 6 fets.

if a controller has 12 fets, there are 6 pairs of fets. the pairs of fets are in parallel, so they share the current

in theory this means it can handle two times the amps of a 6 fet controller.
in reality this is not the case, but is should handle atleast 1,5x the current

Niels

Sorry to revive an old thread

I have the same controller as the op LSW70A and I'm experiencing the same red flashing light and no movement to the motor with the throttle engaged.
My controller functions perfectly other than not be able to use a throttle. It came in an off the shelf ebike and I wanted to add a throttle, when I hooked it up nothing happened. I then found a thread on this forum on a similar topic that said to test the controller by joining the +5v on the controller to the throttle sensor wire on the controller to see if the motor spins. I tried that and nothing happened. So I took the controller apart to see if the throttle wire was disconnected but it seems fine.
I've also checked the black and red wires from the controller are outputting 4.7v with a voltage meter.

Anybody know any other checks I can make?

Back