• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Controller programming help

Beavinator

1 kW
I have never tried to program a controller and I think I will make an attempt on my new 18fet Lyen (if it ever gets here). My battery pack is a Headway 24S2P pack. I will be running a modded HS-3540 and was wondering what settings you guys would recommend. I will be using the 3 speed switch and I would like to have position 1 for slow cruising. position 2 I would like for fairly fast riding and position 3 I would want for the absolute highest possible amount of power without damaging my battery pack or motor. I am not running a BMS when discharging, only when charging. Please let me know what you guys think are the best settings for my application and if there is anything else I need to know before attempting the programming. Thanks!

I have a similar setup and while I don't know if it's the best, I run it at 60a battery and 150a phase. I don't bother with the 3 speed switch as as soon as I get my CA back from Justin I will be doing the pot. mod to it which will allow me to limit the amp draw on the fly. I kind of use it as a cruise control when on the road. Makes it easier on the wrist.

I run a ht3525 in a 24" wheel at 92v (hot) and can hit 39 mph on the flats and when hammering it around town the motor temp stays below 100C. The ht3540 in a 26" wheel will suck way more amps under load so I'd hazard a guess that it will run hotter too.

Back