Crylstalite vs Kelly controllers?

rsisson

100 W
Ok, I JUST today learned about Kelly controllers.

I had been doing the research so I can rebuild my sidekick this spring to go with dual motors to get rid of the torque steer and fix some other issues with the original construction. (Any one in the MD area want to buy the first version one?)

Any one compared their LITTLE Brushless Regen controller to a crystalite? Yes, yes I know the crystalite doesn't have regen...

The Kelly looks interesting because of the Regen, and it comes in larger capacities....

How well does it work with the Crystalite Motors?

Someone wrote that a low speeds you need to up the current on the Kelly since it limits on phase current no Battery...which is probably better for the FETs..
Any comments

Regen looks really neat... trying to see if there is a BI-DIRECTIONAL throttle...ie, spring return to center, 5v-0v-5v depending on which way you twist... would rather have that than two separate throttles (right left) AND Hand brakes for an e-bike.

Thoughts... the small Kelly controller is also a bit cheaper...and if I go with DUAL motors I won't need the current... If I want to pull 55A on TWO Phoenix 5304's the acceleration would be wicked, and my poor battery pack would click out so fast...

Back