• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Custom Frame - 24s 4080

sacko

10 kW
This has been an ongoing project since I bought this from Xadamx on here a few months ago. The frame is going to be resprayed black in the next couple of months, but since then it has had the headtubes, seatpost and bottom bracket faced and the following fitted;

Lyen 18fet
Crystalyte 4080
24s 10ah lipo
Magura Throttle
CA v3
One23 Bars
One23 Seatpost
Hookworm 26 x 2.5
Rhodi DH Rims
Hope Pro Evo 2 Hub
13 and 12g spokes
Hope M4 Brakes
Hope 203mm Floating Rotors
Shimano Crank Arms
Hope Chainring Gaurd
Surly 32t Chainring
Surly Singulator
2 x Cree Headlights
Marzochhi 888 Bombers
Cane Creek Headset
Crank Brothers 50/50 pedals
FastAce 300mm 1000lb shock

The frame itself carries 5ah of 24s lipo, perfect for running to the shops, down to the beach etc. Hopefully you can see and EC5 behind the seat, that is to add an additional 5ah in a rucksack for longer commutes.

Top speed - 54.5mph
Range - 10 to 18 miles depending on how you ride.

The torque and acceleration on this setup is unbelievable at 100v 50amps, I do need to instal a thermistor in the hub and setup the CA accordingly.

The side covers are 2mm perspex sheet which have been cut, shaped and covered in 3m vinyl wrap with a carbon effect.

Apologies for the poor picture quality, the SLR is out of battery and I have left the charger at work!

Really nice build Sacko. I see on the other site you have said to goes 54mph....is that correct? :shock:
edit:
oh yes i can see from the CA....wow!!!!

I could probably have squeezed out a few more mph too, that wasn't hot off the charger and i was carrying tools and a bulk charger.

Should look alot better once it has gone into the paint shop.

Love it. Love that swingarm,it is so damn simple and beefy. Looks like the front sprocket is for "show" 8) I guess you can pretend to peddle at 54 mph. yikes that is fast. Looks like top shelf parts so no worries there. Be careful on that beast.

Thats GBP.

Considering anything with similar performance is at least 2-3 times the price, im happy with it.

Its a shame the member who originally built the frame isn't looking to produce anymore (as far as I am aware). The design is brilliant, with a few tweeks im sure a fair few would sell.

sacko said:
Thats GBP.

Considering anything with similar performance is at least 2-3 times the price, im happy with it.

Its a shame the member who originally built the frame isn't looking to produce anymore (as far as I am aware). The design is brilliant, with a few tweeks im sure a fair few would sell.
In a PM he mentioned that he's looking to build a mid-drive capable frame.

Thanks for showing us what the Crystalyte H40xx is capable of.
I always knew that it was a strong motor. But it's gone underappreciated for a long time.

Can we get some video of a 0-54mph? :)

neptronix said:
Can we get some video of a 0-54mph? :)
Yes, please.

dog-catching-wind.jpg

i have same motor and controller.
On Crazy Bobs i get 62mph =)

I find out that less voltage sag brings 2-3 extra mph (turnigy vs nanotech lipos)

the 4080 is a spot faster then a cro v3 at 100v

On cold days theres also no problem with 8-9KW for short bursts. I have a temp probe allready in.

I like this Motor! :mrgreen:

Thought I would push the 18fet 4110 to see what it can do. 100amps @ 92v!

I've since limited it back to 65 amps battery, 150 amps phase.

This was on an almost level piece of road, if anything there is a slight descent to the road but barely.

Due to the cold air, the motor and controller were barely warm after I got back home and left it standing for 5 minutes.

Back