Cycle Analist Direct Plug-in Model - what does it fit?

I'm trying to figure out if the "direct plug-in" model will plug right into my Crystalyte controller. It's a 72 volt / 35 amp controller. If there is a six conductor plug on my controller, does that mean it's compatible? Thanks in advance for any help.

Where did you get the controller from ? I believe the modified Crystalite controllers were specific to ebikes.ca ?

Have a look at the wiring info at ebikes.ca and see if the internal wiring matches up.

Thank you! ^Yes, the direct plug-in models seem to be proprietary to the ebikes.ca website. I have been researching the heck out of it, and I guess I can make my own six pin connector and manually wire it inside the controller I now have. (I got it from electricrider.com) It looks like the stand alone model is the way to go, for ease of installation, but then to take advantage of the limiting features, I'd have to open my controller up and custom solder it anyway... It's a tough decision. Add to that all the options out there, the Watts Up, the PakTrack, etc. It's too much! I can't wait until I decide on one, so I can stop obsessing over this!

The CA gives you all the things a normal bicycle cyclo-computer would give you, in addition to the watts-up meter, PLUS controller control... My GPS already does the MPH, trip distance, max speed, average moving speed, altitude, compass, etc. I should just buy the CA and be done with it, it seems.

Less procrastination and more ebiking :D

Regardless of which CA version you end up with you will still need to do some form of hacking to make use of the limmiter.

I thing the stand alone is the way to go, that way you can change controllers easily and / or use the CA to monitor charging too.

The other alternatives will cover most of the basic battery monitoring however only the CA integrates all the data together.

I ordered the stand-alone version and I can't wait to use it to monitor charging! (Although I really don't know what I'll be monitoring as far as charging)

Ypedal said:
You hook it up between the charger and the battery but the " CNTRLR " side goes to the battery and the " BATT " goes to the charger side. :wink:

I guess I'd have to make some quick disconnects to arrange that configuration and easily switch back and forth, from charging to riding.

It may not be worth it if monitoring the charging process turns out to be "too much info" for me. What is the purpose of monitoring charging again?

Mr. Danelectric said:
What is the purpose of monitoring charging again?

It isn't essential, but knowing how much you draw from the cells vs how much is required to achieve full charge gives you some useful indicators on the health of your pack. And it helps you plot trends as your pack starts to wear out.

Back