Cycle Analyst: Confused about pedal assist or torque methods.

ampflp

1 mW
I'm in the process of purchasing a CA kit - SX1 Front CA3 Kit.
Baserunner_Z9. -
I have two questions to be sure I understand what I'm getting -

1) how long is the cable between the Baserunner and the CA 3.1 display? I see 15cm coming out of the CA, but not any idea of how long the connection from the baserunner is (are there docs somewhere that specify that?).

2) I need to be able to use the normal, pedal assist in some cases, i.e. the 'basic PAS, cadence, or basic PAS, throttle' where it goes up to a specific speed and stays there, so I don't need to put pressure on the pedals, just turn them. I'd also like to have the torque available for the 'good days'. Can I put an eRider BB in, - will it allow me to do the pedal assist - or do I need to also add the pedal assist magnetic disk in order to have both functions available?
Thanks!

Per the kit description, the version of CA is the CA3-WPx.
CA3-WPx
V3 Direct Plug Cycle Analyst with Waterproof 8 Pin HiGo CA Plug for Ready to Roll Kits.110 cm cable length.
The eRider outputs both a torque signal and a cadence signal. Since the CA supports presets, you could have PAS setup on one preset for cadence and another torque.
This torque sensor accurately measures both left and right pedal torques and enables a very responsive PAS system. The 2 wire quadrature signal for the cadence sensing allows it to take advantage of the latest CA3 firmware which tracks back-pedal sensing for regenerative braking where applicable.

Per the kit description, the version of CA is the CA3-WPx.
CA3-WPx
V3 Direct Plug Cycle Analyst with Waterproof 8 Pin HiGo CA Plug for Ready to Roll Kits.110 cm cable length.
The eRider outputs both a torque signal and a cadence signal. Since the CA supports presets, you could have PAS setup on one preset for cadence and another torque.
This torque sensor accurately measures both left and right pedal torques and enables a very responsive PAS system. The 2 wire quadrature signal for the cadence sensing allows it to take advantage of the latest CA3 firmware which tracks back-pedal sensing for regenerative braking where applicable.
Thank you! - I read through the docs. Here's the front page of the kit I am evaluating: "The Front Geared Shengyi SX1 Cycle Analyst Based Conversion Kit with a Lithium Battery, PAS/Torque sensor options and a Baserunner Z9 controller."

And - I thought the cadence parameters would work with the eRider, but I've made assumptions before and been wrong. :-(

Back