Cycle Analyst V2.3 - problem

karelski

10 mW
Hi, I have problem with my Cycle Analyst V2.3 CA-HC (high current model). I have no answer from both two buttons. I cannot make reset, I cannot switch screens. Only one first display screen is functional. Do you have any experience with it or any idea? Thanks!

Please contact Grin Tech Support.
This may just be a loose connector (unlikely) or water incursion in the button unit.
In any case they will help you identify the cause and can provide replacement components etc if required.

I had that problem open the case there are two cables to the rubber switches. unplug one at a time to see which is defective and leave that switch unplugged and that should solve problem Grin has replacement switch assemblies.

Hi, thanks for replies. My CA works ok already.
I find after email communication with Grin Tech Support that likely the exposed metal from the TRS jack made accidental contact with the bike frame and so the ground pin of serial communications plug had a large current surge which blew the trace on the back of the PCB and the ground for the button headers has been derived from the same part of the back plane trace so that also became severed from actual ground. I have ran after Grin Tech Support instructions a short jumper wire from the other gnd pads to the middle pin of the button header and CA works fine again :)

Back