Cycle Analyst with Kelly Controller?

BVH

1 kW
Has anyone successfully connected a Cycle Analyst to their Kelly Controller'd bike?

just use the stand alone model with the external shunt. if your application is really large buy the model with the user supplied shunt and get a big enough shunt. you can hook that up to anything.

and why would you think that someone would be Un-Successful hooking that up. is there a specific reason? or was that just an unfortunated choice of words?

rick

Not the best choice of words. I could have said "is anyone using a CA with a Kelly controller?". It's just my unfamiliarity with the electronics of controllers, hall sensors - how they work, calibrating, etc. I know electrics fairly well but am weak in the electronics arena. I was hoping for some detailed guidance in hooking one up to my Kelly when it arrives.

fairly straight forward. just read the manual. you can download it from ebikes.ca.

the manual is written very literally in the english language. even has illustrations. these are instructions. they are not to be confused with suggestions. that should answer the majority of your questions.

rick

This was a case of not doing all my research before asking the question. I was thinking way too technical. Having looked at the manual as suggested, zip-zip, it will probably be done in 10 minutes once I get it.

the manual was written with a lot of input from actual users. the unit itself was designed by a fairly smart guy whose primary qualification is - he is a pioneering ebiker himself. before offering the first units for sale he gave a few away to ebikers to beta test for him.

it is a very good, matured product. highly recomended.

rick

Back