cyclone 3000w bluetooth controller help

Stoogecurly

10 mW
So i finished my 3000w cyclone build on my bike but the throtel wants to throw you off the bike i want to bring that down. i downloaded the emotor app on ios and logged in using 12345678 and went to settings but i cant seem to set any of the settings. i see everything but nothing can be adjusted. has anyone ran into this? is there another way to go about this?

I don't know how to access those settings, but depneding on exactly what you need out of the system, there are a few ways to limit power at startup from a stop (or during the entire ride).

In the big Cyclone 3000w / 3k thread, there is at least one person that used a Cycle Analyst v3.x to do the current limiting, by having it monitor battery current, and having the throttle connnected to the CA (rather than the controller) and the CA then create a new throttle signal to the ocntorller, that is based on the actual throttle input but limited by whatever settings you setup in the CA to do this. (can be based on power, current, etc).

Or if you never need the full-throttle capability, you can add a voltage divider (resistors, or more complex circuits as needed) to the throttle to change the available range of output so it can never output more than a certain amount of throttle, so the controller can never be accidentally used at more input than that.

Or you can use a different throttle with a wider mechanical range vs the output range, so you have finer control over the throttle. As long as your controller can take either Pot or Hall types, you could change the setting in it to use a Pot(entiometer) throttle, and that should give a wider range of control right there, as long as there is good mechanical range on the one you use. If it has a replaceable linear pot that is a common enough mechanical type, you can replace it with a logarithmic type, wired such taht it takes a lot of throttle movement ot cause a little output change at the starting end, but has much more response per bit of movement toward the full-throttle end.

Or if you have the muscle control (and the throttle has a fine enough response curve), you can just practice with it a lot with the wheel offground until it is easy for you to manually control it's output over the whole range.

I did some research on the emotor app and it looks like the latest ios 14 broke it. Im going to try to downgrage my ios on an old phone and see if that works.

Ill look into some of your options you stated as well. As it stands the bike is almost unrideable

Back