Cyclone Motors Exposed! Totally Naked Pictures

doesn't support 12S lipo annoyingly, only goes up to 10s otherwise that would be great, I'm guessing you would have to use it's own thermister rather than tapping into the built in one, has anyone ever cooked a cyclone motor by using Lyen controller?

i just rebuilt 2 burnt out cyclones with external sensorless controllers, during my researching how to do it, i found that if you swap 2 phase wires you can change the direction, or with the greentime controller it has a learning mode ( connecting 2 white wires together ) its a simple matter of just disconnecting and reconnecting those 2 wires to get it spinning the other way.
under $35 bucks delivered to aussie

daddz said:
i just rebuilt 2 burnt out cyclones with external sensorless controllers, during my researching how to do it, i found that if you swap 2 phase wires you can change the direction, or with the greentime controller it has a learning mode ( connecting 2 white wires together ) its a simple matter of just disconnecting and reconnecting those 2 wires to get it spinning the other way.
under $35 bucks delivered to aussie

My thoughts were that you'd just need to swap the phase wires over until I read the first page here....

which watt motor are we talking here daddz?

I'm interested in the 1680w one and any limitations sensorless would have for high rpms....

I'd like to sit this on a swing arm or on the back of the seat tube...

Digging up this ancient thread for reference.
GNG Ultralight is a bust for now, so I'm gonna test out the Cyclone 650W motor. I'll probably change the controller to a Sino Xie Chang or maybe Phaserunner. I plan on running it on 6S LiPo, so the chainring RPM doesn't get too high. At 30A+ this should produce some decent torque.

My thoughts were that you'd just need to swap the phase wires over until I read the first page here....

which watt motor are we talking here daddz?

I'm interested in the 1680w one and any limitations sensorless would have for high rpms....

I'd like to sit this on a swing arm or on the back of the seat tube...[/quote]

i only have the little ones, had to remove the internal controller to install the external one. i cant say ive noticed any difference except to the noise as its now a little quieter.

GNG Ultralight is a bust for now, so I'm gonna test out the Cyclone 650W motor

How come you are going to use the larger 650w motor with external controller ? the closest match motor power and weight the cyclone makes is the 24v 350w motor with internal controller to match the weight of the GNG ultralight. the weight is so close maybe less than 2 pounds to the GNG ultralight and its a proven more reliable design as well.

jk1 said:
How come you are going to use the larger 650w motor with external controller ? the closest match motor power and weight the cyclone makes is the 24v 350w motor with internal controller to match the weight of the GNG ultralight. the weight is so close maybe less than 2 pounds to the GNG ultralight and its a proven more reliable design as well.

I got sucked in by the hunger for more power again. :wink:

It's only about a 1 Kilo additional weight penalty, and since it's a non-integrated controller, I can use one of my Sino Xie Chang controllers, or eventually a Phaserunner.

Back