Daily commute vid with new BBSHD

harmonist

10 W
Hi all,

Just thought I'd post up a clip of my morning commute. I've had the BBSHD for about a month now but only started commuting daily last week, so much fun! it actually made me realise how close I live to the city. I did the usual reading every thread on endless-sphere before umming and ahhing about whether to save some money and get the BBS02 but I'm very happy I went with the BBSHD, I'm already dreaming about how much more power a 52v battery with 30amps would give me.

[youtube]eki6yTPivZo[/youtube]

I'm using a 48v 10.4a dolphin pack and my commute is about 9km (5.6 miles) so not too long but I manage that with an average time of about 20min which includes wait time at lights.

The BBSHD heats up a bit, not hot to touch but some good warmth going on but I guess I'm pushing it quite hard, can't imagine doing that to a BBS02, top speed has been 55kph (34mph) with average speed around 30kph (18mph).

I'm commuting on a Focus Planet 3.0, which has the alfine 8 speed IGH, holding up well so far, but now I want a full suspension bike with more power!

29507262375_13a5180f90_c.jpg

Anyways cheers for all the info, this sites been a great help! :)

I am also commuting on a BBSHD - on nice sunny days only... chased a rabbit the other day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L-g-3q41Qc

I got a BBS02 first but it failed after only a couple of rides < 100 km - happily I was refunded and purchased a BBSHD - it has not missed a beat :)

Saw the "15 minutes", thought I would jump through it. No, for some reason I wanted to watch every bit.

Chris.

hedsik said:
fully sick er... bro
Me likey.

haha chur bro! ;)

That little rabbits got some pace!

Thought about editing it right down, like you say 15min sounds long but glad you enjoyed it :)

Cheers
Clint

Quick bit of Ghost pedalling hahahah :D

Attachments

• ghost pedal bro.jpg
    ghost pedal bro.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 2,800
Sorry mate but that is everything that is going to get electric bikes banned. Not stopping at stop signs, running red lights, swapping between the road and footpath (pretty sure cycling on the footpath is a no no in auckland). These are the things that rile both cyclists and motorists.

Apologies for the rant.

On the plus side nice to see how well the bbshd works on the Focus, its a combo I was hoping to build myself. How loud is it?

Grautuefel said:
Sorry mate but that is everything that is going to get electric bikes banned. Not stopping at stop signs, running red lights, swapping between the road and footpath (pretty sure cycling on the footpath is a no no in auckland). These are the things that rile both cyclists and motorists.

Apologies for the rant.

On the plus side nice to see how well the bbshd works on the Focus, its a combo I was hoping to build myself. How loud is it?

The great Irony is, if you spend five minutes cycling around (regardless of your method) you will see drivers and lycra boys putting people in far more risk of injury than what you have seen in the video. I switch between path and road because I don't want to get car doored again, don't want to be sandwiched between busses driving in the bike lane or hit by a taxi making an illegal U-turn. :roll:

How many km/miles did you ride with the alfine 8 speed and BBSHD? Any problems with shifting(accidently under load)?
how do you cut the power of the bbshd? I read there would be a delay when you cut the power and then also when starting or does everything works directly.
This is my main reason for not buying a BBSHD right now. I have a CUBE Stereo SL with Bosch Performance Line and this drive works so smooth and reacts very fast, good for 45kmh, but there could be more power.
I also would like this ihd on my new build because I will just use it for commuting. How did you set it? (how many teeth front and back?)

When I start driving after a stop I use my 3. or 4. gear(first gear= 42t): 45t in front and 28 or 32 rear(Bosch drive with 11Speed Sram xx1).
I calculated when this would be my first gear with alfine(52t front, 18t back), pedaling should then be possible until >55kmh with an alfine.

I also think his driving is not so bad...I had 3 accidents in 1,5 years because of stupid mistakes of other people and had to learn how to avoid this situations.
Because of this I also use pavement, bicycle path and street depending on the traffic and the driven speed.

1. girl want to cross the road fast, and is running on the street between parking cars and trucks looking at her smartphone and not at the traffic (luckily I did not hit her directly, so she only had a few scratches, I had some more, becoming dark blue after 2 days)
2. guy opening door of his parking car without looking. broken bike, broken leg
3. A campers wanted to overtake me about 30 Meters before a roundabout. At the moment a large bus comes from the roundabout.
The road is too narrow for three vehicles, the bus does not slow down, so the camper moves to the right and rammed me from the road(40kmh) in a potato field.

Luckily I have a Fully and could stay on my bike, but this shit is really dangerous. I ride motorcycle since I am 15(33 now)...and their were no such situations.
Car door was worst at 30kmh, camper made me really angry, of course he did not even stop.

People always think we are slow because they are used from normal mtbs they know and turn in front of us.
No sound of the engine: that's why people don't look in our direction before crossing the road.

Back