delete

hillzofvalp said:
I drive for Lyft.. ...
I don't want a ride right now, but I'm curious about these ride buying services. Do you have to use the app to look at stuff. For example, is it possible to look up your rating with just a browser? Why do they bother to list cities? Can't it work anywhere? I didn't see any prices on the site. How does that work?
I suppose you have to use the app to do anything.
For a time, I was getting rides simply by putting an ad in craigslist. I'd say how much I was paying and where I was going. It usually worked all right. Except a few times nobody ever showed up after they agreed to do so. I learned not to rely on the method.

It's more for commuting around the city and it app-based. Lyft will drive up to 100 miles from the pickup window however.

It only works in cities because it is an on-demand type of service. You request a ride and that dispatches someone instantly...

OK, tomorrow am I'm going to a meet about EVs, so pick me up in Santa Ana, Costa Rica at 9:30am to bring me to San Jose, CR less than 20km away. Once I have confirmation I'll give you exact GPS coordinates for the pickup. I don't need gps to get to the destination, but can guarantee the max distance. I'll figure out my own way home if necessary. Is that enough info for your Lyft? BTW, even though it's your vehicle, I'd prefer to drive based on experience and preferred safe driving habits proven over time (ie always the designated driver with total occupant safety since June 1978.)...not mandatory, but preferred, which any logical person should agree.

John, that's why Lyft has ratings and does background checks (including driving history). It pulls the GPS locations automatically from your cell and then shows you where the driver is on the map as he moves

Back