Does this imaginary voltmeter that I want exist?

I don't need voltage information accurate to decimal places while riding. I just need a general idea of sag and rebound.
It's useful to have precise voltage information to get an idea of the remaining capacity though.
Do you have an other voltmeter for that?

This product probably doesn't exist, but I just thought I'd check in case someone has heard of those before.

The product has existed for a very long time. Lol. My Yankee is from 1926.

No fancy electronic digital analog conversion needle sweeping needed.

....this one is an amp gauge..... got it for 2$ from the junkman. Works great. they come in both Amp and Volt.

Attachments

• WIN_20240413_13_11_28_Pro (2).jpg
    WIN_20240413_13_11_28_Pro (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
  • WIN_20240413_12_47_05_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20240413_12_47_05_Pro.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 3
I used draw.io to make a new background for the meter. The drawing was fine, but the public library's color printer left a lot to be desired, very low quality and pixelated.
IMG_20240426_130157.jpg

My wife saw what I was working on. She's far more detail-oriented than I am, and took it upon herself. I kinda like the handwritten aesthetic.
IMG_20240426_142413.jpg

Been enjoying your thread and creativity on repurposing the meter.

When I was looking at the different analog meters, in my mind I would consider getting one with a working voltage of 0 to 100 volts. Then slightly modify the face to represent 0 to 100 percent of battery charge. Coloring in the levels of charge, GREEN, YELLOW, and RED. Sure, you'd have to replace the resistor...
Just a thought. :unsure:

Been enjoying your thread and creativity on repurposing the meter.

When I was looking at the different analog meters, in my mind I would consider getting one with a working voltage of 0 to 100 volts. Then slightly modify the face to represent 0 to 100 percent of battery charge. Coloring in the levels of charge, GREEN, YELLOW, and RED. Sure, you'd have to replace the resistor...
Just a thought. :unsure:
Sure, but if you don't want to change the resistor, and still want to do the same as what I did. You don't need to get a 0-100v. Get one in the scale of your battery voltage.

As an example, a common voltage for ebikes is 14s Li-ion. 2.5v per cell x 14 = 35v, 4.2v per cell x 14 = 58.8v. 58.8-35 = 23.8v. So you could get this 0-25vdv analog voltmeter, and then add this diode in series so that the meter doesn't start until 33v. And that's done. Make whatever notches you want on a new piece of paper behind the needle: percentage, green-yellow-red...

I'm already thinking that I want to add this type of meter for my 14s home powerwall system.

Back