Domino throttle regen on Lyen 12 fet

pupenhausen

100 µW
I've recently built my 2nd ebike. Upgraded to a Mxus 3k 4T from a magic pie. I've had a Lyen 12fet extreme modder for 6 years and I'ts still going strong.

My new bike has hydraulic brakes so I bought a sensor which mounts on to the brake lever housing and the magnet goes on the lever. This activates regen for me but only when the pads are already touching the disc, I can't find a position where it works where I slightly touch the brakes and it will regen without me actually putting the brakes on, like my old ebike levers.

So I decided to buy a Domino throttle to activate regen as soon as i let go of the throttle. I tried all of the advice like try 1k and 3k resistors etc. These didn't work and the bike shot off and put a hole in my flooring as soon as I switched the power on :cry: , so I got a couple of 20 turn 5k pots and experimented with these. I have now found 1.38 v at the low end and 3.8 v at the high end will give me full range with great linear response, and no dead spots. The resistors are set at 240 ohms and 460 ohms.

The problem now is that if I connect the ebrake regen wires to the Domino throttle microswitch, It wont start whatsoever. Zero throttle is open circuit, and throttle applied is closed circuit, as it should be(I've checked the microswitch and it's not faulty). I've connected the microswitch to the old ebrake wires. When I disconnect ebrake the wires, it will start but if I have the motor running on the throttle and then connect the 2 wires together it will cut power to the motor, exactly the opposite from when I had the old hall throttle and ebrake sensor installed. Any help would be appreciated as I only spent £73 on this throttle to because of the regen microswitch feature.

Most ebrake levers are open circuit until you pull the lever, when it shorts.

The throttle's switch is open circuit only with throttle off, then it shorts as you roll on the throttle. Opposite behavior from what you want.

So you either need to:

--change the switch in it to the opposite kind it is now--if it's NC (normally closed), then change it to an NO (normally open).

--insert something (relay, transistor, etc) between the switch you have, and the ebrake signal input of the controller.

amberwolf said:
Most ebrake levers are open circuit until you pull the lever, when it shorts.

The throttle's switch is open circuit only with throttle off, then it shorts as you roll on the throttle. Opposite behavior from what you want.

So you either need to:

--change the switch in it to the opposite kind it is now--if it's NC (normally closed), then change it to an NO (normally open).

--insert something (relay, transistor, etc) between the switch you have, and the ebrake signal input of the controller.

Thanks, I thought that but didn't have it in front of me when I typed it as I was on nights in work. I used a 5v relay with opto isolator circuit from Amazon and got the 5v supply from the throttle + and gnd. Works a treat!

Back