Dumb Question > Anyone Owns a Tesla Here?

Lyen

10 kW
Hello All! I have got a dumb question. Does anyone here owns a Tesla? I was happened to see a black Roadster in San Francisco near Chinatown while dropping off a couple controllers for the ES members. The Roadster is indeed stunning to look. It passes cars quick and quietly. I wonder if there is anything negative with it. :)
slide1.jpeg

Lyen said:
I wonder if there is anything negative with it. :)

Mostly just the price. I wish I had enough money to afford one (but if I did, I would just build my own).

I have heard of some transmission failures in the earlier models and I think they have gone to a single speed design.

It has 1000lbs. of batteries not meant for an EV. Very high CG and soon to be discontinued. The AC Propulsion drive system is good for a normal slow car, but not meant for a sport EV like the Tesla and the current electric drive units are far better.

We at least have someone with an EV1.. :lol:

I woudl love if someone would agree to put a HV HC Cycle analyst on his tesla and share the sata with us!!

Doc

Doctorbass said:
We at least have someone with an EV1.. :lol:
I woudl love if someone would agree to put a HV HC Cycle analyst on his tesla and share the sata with us!!
Doc

It would also be awesome to see how many Tesla Doctorbass can pull with his electric bike. :mrgreen:

Be more fun to see how fast the Tesla can pull DocBass on his bike :twisted: (sorry doc! :wink: )

Hey, Jozzer, I just noticed that that's Hudson Free Spirit you have as your avatar!

I built the second (and last) Hudson Mystic back in 1995, here's a picture of it in front of one of my other toys at that time:

4335857904_1587d26c1d_o.jpg

(sorry for going off-topic, but these cars are pretty rare, only a few were ever built)

Jeremy

Jozzer said:
Be more fun to see how fast the Tesla can pull DocBass on his bike :twisted: (sorry doc! :wink: )

Hey Jozzer, it'S GREAT TO SEE YOU HERE AGAIN! :mrgreen:

About the tesla i would sat 160mph with me being pulled by a tesla!..

I wouder if i would activate the regen to max power on my ebike.. what speed that could drop.. :mrgreen:

Doc

Wow Jeremy, thats incredible! I have only seen one other so far, and watched ebay for 2 years before I found this one. There is a chap in the UK somewhere who has just bought the rights to build this car back from the states, and last I heard he was redesigning it to be a rear wheel drive with 600cc motorcycle engines (shame tbh).

Mine runs a couple of Agni's and is a lot of fun to drive, your welcome to come try it if care to make the trek to Brighton:) At the moment its a bit of a lash up, 100AH/100V of LifeBatts are strapped on with ratchet straps, but its due a refit with LiPo before springtime and I'll post a thread with build data.

Thanks Doc, BTW hows your car build coming along?

Steve

I just read that it uses a 185-kilowatt (248-horsepower) electric motor powered by a 53-kilowatt-hour battery pack. Anyone know how big & the weight for a battery like that be? Or is there a formula to calculate? They mentioned it uses 18650 by the way. :)

Lyen said:
I just read that it uses a 185-kilowatt (248-horsepower) electric motor powered by a 53-kilowatt-hour battery pack. Anyone know how big & the weight for a battery like that be? Or is there a formula to calculate? They mentioned it uses 18650 by the way. :)

Actually it use a 450kg watercooled battery pack that have 6831 cells of 2.4Ah that each have a PTC ( protection)

It is divided in 11 modules in serie. 10 for the motor and 1 for the DC-DC accessory.

Doc

Jozzer said:
Wow Jeremy, thats incredible! I have only seen one other so far, and watched ebay for 2 years before I found this one. There is a chap in the UK somewhere who has just bought the rights to build this car back from the states, and last I heard he was redesigning it to be a rear wheel drive with 600cc motorcycle engines (shame tbh).

Mine runs a couple of Agni's and is a lot of fun to drive, your welcome to come try it if care to make the trek to Brighton:) At the moment its a bit of a lash up, 100AH/100V of LifeBatts are strapped on with ratchet straps, but its due a refit with LiPo before springtime and I'll post a thread with build data.

Thanks Doc, BTW hows your car build coming along?

Steve

The electric car is on hold now.. I just bought a house with my wife and since the price here rised 2x in the last 10 years i need all the availlable money to get our first real house with ... a garage!.. Then the intense EV projects will continue
:wink:

Doc

Back