E-Bikekit.com 36v 10ah LiFePo4 Battery

Thanks a lot there is no fuse on this one then i am not sure if the charger is 2 or 3 amps i remember reading the 48 volt pack came with the 3 amp .

but no small fuse on the charging end i am looking for the pics

and the small 3/8" mount its like an rca with a fat back very hard to find any how there is one on its way from far east what i don't understand is that i installed a regular rca plug small to see if i can charge but it did not so i am thinking when the two poles touched maybe it blew something but the vendor saying if i am getting voltage out of the load end nothing is blown i get 52.2 volts and everything works other than the charging
thanks

i may need that

it would be sticking out of the pack though! i should really.

the male rcs thingy (it is like an rca) has a short inner part so as not to short but i do agree it is a cheap way to go and they are like or pro electronic left overs good for nothing and still good for nothing

i guess a little waterproof with the rubber cap to cover it.
is there sensing from the charger before start charging why is it not charging only green light no red?

those rca connectors can act like a fuse in a way, they dont take many amps to go open circuit inside the connector where you canot see it.. you can ( carefully ) check for continuity, one polarity at a time, to see if it's fried but i would replace it no matter what if i was you.

actually.. do you get a proper pack voltage reading from that RCA plug ?

Attachments

• New_Fall 2010 405.jpg
    New_Fall 2010 405.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 2,057
that pack is all different from the original. different BMS and now it has the 26650 cylindricals instead of the old prismatic cells.

also you use the XLR connectors too for the charging.

there is no voltage on the wires leading to the female rca on the pack zero,

Attachments

• New_Fall 2010 393.jpg
    New_Fall 2010 393.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 2,000
  • New_New_Fall 2010 397.jpg
    New_New_Fall 2010 397.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 2,000
dnmun said:
that pack is all different from the original. different BMS and now it has the 26650 cylindricals instead of the old prismatic cells.

also you use the XLR connectors too for the charging.

maybe but only i pole very much like an rcs with the long end nipped

Well, after all these years, the old EBK pack finally gave up yesterday, local customer who was using it daily dropped in with the bike, no power...

I tested the bike with another pack and all is well on the bike side ( ezee kit on Giant mtb ).. then tested the discharge port and got 24v, figured it just needed charging, plug the charger in and the light goes green right away and discharge port shows 43v ... ok.. strange.

so last night i opened it up for an inspection, tested cell voltages via balance wires, all show 3.5~3.6v so no bad cells..

However, a close inspection of the BMS revealed a burnt leg on 2 of the 3 fets...

Now, this pack is on it's last legs, it still delivers 8.5ah at 3 amps but at 20 amps voltage sag is severe so the cells are showing higher internal resistance..

so, i soldered a wire to the negative side of the pack, ran it across externally and into the other end where the discharge port is ( i tried getting the cells out to run the wire inside, but they are swollen and wedged in there real good.. ) .. it's not pretty but it works.

the charge side of the BMS still works so it's protected during charging. LVC on the bike is set to 31v so that's more than fine for this pack...

tic toc, tic toc, goes the clock.

Attachments

• ebk-pack-update.JPG
    ebk-pack-update.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,685
That's 4.5 years of service. Pretty good!

How many cycles has the pack gone through?

Back