E-GO Cruiser MOD

torqueboards said:
Yeah, something else might be wrong. I think those Panasonic 18650 2900mah are much more expensive than the Samsung ones you mentioned.

Yes, at least double the price. I just called them and ask for help :/ they say will get back me soon

The board might have disappointed me but overall service is still good. Hope will get their update soon

Kind of strange, this morning I tried again but before connection I hold the brake. Working fine again

torqueboards said:
Cool. Are those Panasonic cells (new) much better than the Samsung cells (old)?
Yes, the output current is double. Also the life should be a lot better as well

A friend of mine bought the E-go. When the board rides over bumpy asfalt the controller vibrates and you cant hit the throttle but you can brake. To start riding again you have to turn the board off and on and it lasts until next vibration. Does anyone else have this problem?

I just pulled apart my EGO, the motor says M197556, gearing is 13t.
Batteries are all panasonic 18650, 7 parallel of 3 series.
The wheel gearing is 35t.

I bought 12 pieces of 35A high drainage 18650, gonna put them in 4P3S and see if I get a higher top speed out of this baby =]

I doubt the board is using the batteries' maximum discharge as the speed limit. That would destroy the batteries quickly. Are the batteries getting warm? The voltage would really determine the top speed...as long as there is enough of an amp discharge to get to that speed determined by the voltage.

arnold16890 said:

I bought 12 pieces of 35A high drainage 18650, gonna put them in 4P3S and see if I get a higher top speed out of this baby =]

If you get a higher top speed while just using the 3s then it seems the board is limited by the amp draw on the batteries, if you don't get any faster on the 3s then that's probably for the best and up the voltage with the 4s or 5s maybe

arnold16890 said:

I'm pretty sure that the E-GO is 7s3p, not 7p3s. The battery pack is rated at 29.4V which is 4.2V x 7, as is the charger.

I've put together a 7s1p battery pack myself using Efest 18650s, and the board starts and runs like normal, though I've not taken it out for a ride yet.

I'm interested in upgrading my e-go.

Torqueboard, I saw that you released a sensored motor. I would like to get your thoughts on running the 12T Motor pulley with a 32T wheel pulley (evolve). I'm more interested in hill climbing ability than top speed. I've had two 20mph falls and I have no desire to be touching those speeds again, at least not in a city environment where cars pull out without looking, etc.

Any suggestions you have would be great.

TBH, I have more success climbing hills with a bit higher KV unless your running 12S and/or higher gearing.

Currently, I was testing 12T/36T on Dual 170KV on 8S and it's not that powerful and 16T/36T works much better uphill.

I think lower KV for hill climbing is a bit misleading.

I also have someone who used a SK3 192kv motor to climb hills versus the 245/260kv motor and guess which one climbed the hills better.. The 245kv/260kv this guy is probably about 220+ so IMO I think the higher gearing or higher KV is more helpful in any scenario. Of course, I think the limit for KV would be about 230-240KV or 260/280kv should be fine. Anything over 300KV wouldn't be worth it.

This is just from what I've noticed. Most of these hills are about 20-25% inclines.

In theory I think any kv motor should be able to produce the same torque if it's the same size regardless of kv.

A higher kv motor will take more amps to produce that torque though so more battery use, but there's the same torque to heat ratio so ultimately the same power. But as u get really low kv the max power will decrease I guess having something to do with the lack of speed in the speed x torque equally power equation. Or maybe you can't get as much copper fill with the small wires. Think maybe it's that.

Back