E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Good news for those interested 120 mm compatibility!!!
Email from Schlumpf

Hey Fred,
we watched your homepage and noticed your interesting vehicle. Attached you find a picture of our prototype “PenBike”.
Maybe our Advanced Belt Drive could find your interest.
To answer your question about width of bottom bracket 120mm:
There is a housing 50mm longer as standard BSA 68mm leading to 118mm and 4mm longer nut implies 120mm
These special version is named “Flyke”
Best regards,
Rolf
image.jpg

Here is my response

Thank you Rolph!!
Ignore previous email, for a second I thought I dreamt it, it wasn't coming up in trash section either, finally did excuse me :) .
Very beautiful bicycle, looks like electrical hub in rear may I ask what speeds it reaches?
Let me give you an idea of my setup so you can better advice me.
I will be using high tork hub motor "cromotor" on phasor frame with 100v, probobally use 19 motorcycle rim and tire giving me an approximate 25" bicycle tire diameter.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=46551
I should be able to reach speeds close to 80kmh.
This is the setup I was thinking of.
Speed drive with 2 chain rings. Outer ring (primarily used) 48t and 30t on inside to manually switch in case I broke down.
Rear 14t single freewheel with chain tensioner. I've also looked into the possibility of maybe using white dos freewheel 16t 18t(depending on dropout room)just a bit more flexibility if needed
with 160mm cranks.
http://www.whiteind.com/singlespeedgearing/freewheels.html
This should allow me to pedal on 48t up to 40-45kmh and after changing gears 79t which should allow me to pedal close to my top speed.
Belt drive seems very tempting, though I don't know what kind of flexibility it will allow me.
What do you think? Any suggestions, advice much appreciated.

Thank you
Fred Einhorn

Keep you posted as soon as I get more info hopefully same price!

Fred[/quote]

Rod that 23 inch tire doesn't look as small as I thought it would compared to the 26 you have there. Should work out great. Sent you a PM. Just a reminder to tell the wheel builder to have some 3mm stock on hand with L bends for the spokes with 5.5 mm nipples and you will be golden. Glad it got to you, now I can trash shipping receipt. :mrgreen:

Rick

Rodney64 said:
pendragon8000 said:
looks tuff as!
front wheel being bigger helps handling I beleive...
Yes tuff as. Will give it ago before spending another $200 on another rim and tyre for the front.

Fair enough. I think I would the same.

Going riding at this MBT. Will give an update when I get back on the phasers performance. Or my lack of.

http://www.carinecycles.com/cycling-maps-tracks-perth/goat-farm-mtb-trails/

Made it to the goats farm MBT but no video.

Planning on coming back when it cooler. 100F 36 Degrees is to hot.

Blew my 45 amp andersons and saved the motor.

07BC4BA1-01C7-47AB-B06A-0494339A5FAE-1456-00000189B6B9B246.jpg

dimpirate said:
Been working to much last week so haven't had time to post.
Korpin I hope you've figured out your battery situation, if not do so quickly, I've had a whole pack die on me cause controller got left on when I was traveling, it's a real bummer and lots of money! So if your dropping 6V every couple of days it isn't long before your pack will be completely drained or under 2.9V and make it unusable, or even worse dangerous!

With regards to Schlumpf I've been directly in touch with them thru emails. They very well may have a solution for 120mm dropout width on phasor! Should get a reply by tommorrow. They are also going to send me a quote for 20 high speed/speed drive. Should come with %20 discount.
Don't know if I'm inclined to man group buy myself. I travel for work, so even though at the moment I'm home, at any given date I might be gone for three months...
Also I am a pretty new member, so no reason why anyone should trust me with there money. After I get quote (so I can give all exact price) ill open new thread see how many people are actually interested, and we can go from there.
For us phasor users that want Schlumpf if they offer a solution for us, I'll purchase one whether or not group buy goes thru.
Be nice if we could make it cheaper though.
Any Schlumpf info you might want here
http://www.schlumpf.ch/hp/schlumpf/faq.getriebe.engl.htm

Hyena love your balancing system on your stealth, what's the name and specs of the computer plug your using,
I'm figuring you made that yourself.... Or did it come made?

Fred

I WOULD be interested in group buy..on flat ground my front sprocket is useless after 20 mph

dimpirate said:
You think I might have chain line issues? My dropouts will be 156mm as well....

by going to 156 swingarm you are already making drive line easier...Reseda bikes simply put my front sprocket on backward to give me a few milimeters more - all my speeds work great now just cannot go backwards on biggest rear sprocket

Attachments

• phasor-sprocket.jpg
    phasor-sprocket.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 2,631
Rodney64 said:
Korpin, I have a 53 tooth on the front with 12 tooth on the rear.

It's worth a go

Rod

I guess I could go the way you did and just manually adjust chain for climbing/flat ground but would be nice to have another way to switch back and forth on the move really need smaller front for climbing

a lot of people asked about my batteries so I decided to charge them up until I got all green lights and then wait a few days and check again...here is display right after charging showing 101 volts I will show display again after a few days

after one day,its 99.5

day 3 its 98 voltS

DAY 4 97 VOLTS

day 5 96 volts

day 6 95.5 volts

only took 25 minutes to charge back to 100 volts but that last volt (101) took almost an hour! so is a volt loss a day normal???

Attachments

• phasor-charge-display.jpg
    phasor-charge-display.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,354
Hello everybody!

I thought there should be more Phasor Bike owners here...

Anyway, I'm going to be another one :D

There are no Phasor owners in my country yet, so I'll be the first one 8) It's a pitty because I can't share the experience of usage of the Phasor or try to ride it here before I get mine. And so I decided to explore the E-S forum to get some usefull info and get the best practise regarding the compilation of the bike, some experience maybe.

For the moment I'm looking forward when my Phasor frame will be ready and consider the configuration.

Well, I got a question of how much Watt*hours it usualy takes (per kilometr) in your practise on Phasor depending on your average speed while you ride a simple flat road? I'm going to use the bike not just to have a bunch of fun and drive, but also as a transport to get to my job and back while it's warm season here :D

Insider said:
Hello everybody!

I thought there should be more Phasor Bike owners here...

Anyway, I'm going to be another one :D

There are no Phasor owners in my country yet, so I'll be the first one 8) It's a pitty because I can't share the experience of usage of the Phasor or try to ride it here before I get mine. And so I decided to explore the E-S forum to get some usefull info and get the best practise regarding the compilation of the bike, some experience maybe.

For the moment I'm looking forward when my Phasor frame will be ready and consider the configuration.

Well, I got a question of how much Watt*hours it usualy takes (per kilometr) in your practise on Phasor depending on your average speed while you ride a simple flat road? I'm going to use the bike not just to have a bunch of fun and drive, but also as a transport to get to my job and back while it's warm season here :D

Insider good to see.

Your answer will vary but this is my experience. I have a 1500WH pack which equates to approximatly 1300 usable. My battery is 100.8 Volt hot off charge 24S 3P.
With no peddling at 40 kilometers an hour the pack would be drained in 40 kilometers.

I ride to work and its a 46 kilometre round trip andwatt hours used will vary anywhere from 15 watt hours a Kilometre to 35. This all depends on how much effort I put in. Its quite flat but normally head winds to and from work. Going to work I try to average 20 Watt hours a kilometre. This would give me a 60 km range

Any idea what motor that you will be running, what type of distance will you be travelling and is it hilly?

My set up is a H3580 with a lyens 12Fet. running 26 inch wheels at the moment but upgradig to a 23 inch motor bike rear tyre which will help with heat and inprove torque.

Im Also upgrading to a Lyen 18 fet controller which has just arrived.

what type of riding have you done in the past. This will determine how you set up your bike. Not ridden the bike you'll have a few things going though your mind which I did but was more that happy when it finally arrived.

i have set up my Phasor in a more upright riding position with riser bars.

Hey, Rodney!

Thanx for your experience.

My round trip to my work is the same as yours - about 45km. The road is flat with no hills, a common moscow landscape.

I think I'm going to use LiFePO4 ( 12x(8.4Ah 13.2V) Zippy FlightMax) battery instead of LiPo. Only due to sensitivity to temperature and flammability of LiPo batteries.

I have a final decision regarding motor. I'll use MAC 1000W.

The wheels will be 26' (rear) and 26'-28' (front)

As for the type of riding - city rides mostly, hilly off-roads at weekends (not so reckless) :D

Insider said:
Hey, Rodney!

Thanx for your experience.

My round trip to my work is the same as yours - about 45km. The road is flat with no hills, a common moscow landscape.

I think I'm going to use LiFePO4 ( 12x(8.4Ah 13.2V) Zippy FlightMax) battery instead of LiPo. Only due to sensitivity to temperature and flammability of LiPo batteries.

I have a final decision regarding motor. I'll use MAC 1000W.

The wheels will be 26' (rear) and 26'-28' (front)

As for the type of riding - city rides mostly, hilly off-roads at weekends (not so reckless) :D

Insider the only issue with this battery is it will not fit 2 side by side. The frames 98mm wide and the battery's 52mm. This may not be a problem to fit 12 batteries but its something to consider.

Zippy Flightmax LiFePo4 flat Pack batteries deliver full capacity & discharge as well as being the best value batteries in the hobby market today!
Spec.
Capacity: 8400mAh
Voltage: 4S2P / 13.2V
Discharge: 30C Constant / 40C Burst
Weight: 1026g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 150mm x 52mm x 70mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet-Connector

Yep, exciting times ahead for your Phasor. I cant wait to see the finished product. It will rip!!!!

Rick

well I have taken my HPC phasor out a few times and am overall happy with the build there were a few minor issues:

1)I could not use all my gears because of the chain line up so Reseda bikes put the front sprocket on backwards and I can now use all gears EXCEPT I cannot go backwards on just the biggest rear gear or chain will fall off....also,HPC ran chain wrong through derauiler Reseda bikes fixed this too for 15 bucks total!

2)on my climb up to top of Desoto Ave in San Fernando Valley (about 1500-1700 foot elevation increase)all the way up to radar and antenna stations my motor overheated once and shut down had to wait a few minutes to continue

3)need a schlumph drive for flat ground! pedals are useless after about 20 mph BUT they are perfect for climbing

4)still lose about a volt a day after full charge

the phasor frame with boxxer forks and vivid shock is like a cadilac after the suspension is tuned in LOVE it!.....also came in at 83 pounds so 33 pounds LESS than a bomber!OVER 50 top speed brakes work great had a car pull in front of me at about 45 mph bike stops in straight line no fishtailing....so far I am happy with HPC build!

Attachments

• phasor bike.jpg
    phasor bike.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 2,446
Korpin,

Your Phasor looks excellent. My DH Team weighs in at 84 lbs with 24s2p lipos with a Clyte 4065 so as far as I can tell that is one light build.

What's the whole set up again? You've changed somethings ( I think!) and I lost track of what your running now.

Tom

Your still losing a volt a day? :shock:
I would get HPC on that quick, if I were you. What are you going to do when you go on vacation? Lol
Looks great. I'm glad there are other people that are getting other colors other than green so I know what color would suit me best. In one of those guys that if I see one thing one color stock, I need to get it in that color. Bad right? :roll:
Hope you enjoy it.

Trackman417 said:
Your still losing a volt a day? :shock:
if I see one thing one color stock, I need to get it in that color. Bad right? :roll:
Hope you enjoy it.

Im the same way. Especially if its any darker shade of green. My favortite. A while back, I saw a forest green Phasor frame. Beutiful, I would love to see that one built up. Rod's blue and DPearce's green are my second favorites. But Korpin's white and HD Killers Black look trick as well. Maybe the phasor frames look great in any color. :p

Rodney, well I had some problems and during the whole thing had to send the frame back to David and when he sent it back it was badly damaged in shipping . David was really good with the whole thing I just did not want to wait for a new frame to be built so I used a dh frame I had lying around. It came out ok but I'm really starting to lean towards another phasor frame starting over with a complete new set up motor and everything. I really like how Korbin's build came out and was considering going with the same motor set up.

Back