E-S Phasor Electric Bike Owners

Kike Ming said:
So I love all Ebikes, but Phasors are the best! I put some video ( very shaky and bad on Youtube under) fastest electric bicycle in the world , Super fast or find my channel under Kike Ming. Phasor frame 120v battery, 126.9 volts hot off the charger, 24 fet Lyen controller, 10,000w Cromotor. 67 MPH top :twisted: speed :twisted: Frick, yah, ride or Eletric or die!

what kinda range you getting at lets say 40 mph?

Kike Ming said:
So I love all Ebikes, but Phasors are the best! I put some video ( very shaky and bad on Youtube under) fastest electric bicycle in the world , Super fast or find my channel under Kike Ming. Phasor frame 120v battery, 126.9 volts hot off the charger, 24 fet Lyen controller, 10,000w Cromotor. 67 MPH top :twisted: speed :twisted: Frick, yah, ride or Eletric or die!

$h!t the bed Mike, how about some 3rd person drive by videos at high speed. Just watched your video. Nice bike path, looks like good tarmac riding.

new HPC 100v controller they say is has Lyen board tried bike at 108 volts and 20 amps got 35 mph will try 30 amps tomorrow got crazy regen on this bike too!

notice they got clear jacket over button to prevent water going in switch

WELL CHARGED it up full to 118 volts.....the controller might have a high voltage cut off the bike will not run now shit was starting to enjoy the regen :D

does anybody know if Lyen has a high voltage cutoff and can it be re programmed?

Attachments

• HPC-100-VOLT-CONTROLLER.jpg
    HPC-100-VOLT-CONTROLLER.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 3,939
Someone asked me how many could be fit in the frame so I figured this information would be helpful here.
18650s_zps06e2f3ce.jpg

20mm diameter batteries representing 18650's shown in a hexagonal closest packed lattice. The internal width of the frame is almost 100mm, so laid sideways as shown you would have more space widthwise, about another 35% where you could theoretically add more batteries in a vertical layer, perpendicular to these and still have room for insulation. There is also the cavities near the headtube and seat tube, where the frame narrows, but several more can be added in there as well before the width of the battery is greater than the width of the frame as it tapers.

Considering those things, and how the cylinders are modeled 10% larger in diameter than 18650's, this picture shows a very conservative estimate of how many 18650's you can fit in a Phasor frame, and configuration shows 366 batteries, or about a third more battery capacity than a Stealth filled with 280 18650's.

hey david see that you said the frame is set up for cromotor....is that 160mm?....I have 150 mm wondering if that could work with cromotor?

korpin said:
new HPC 100v controller they say is has Lyen board tried bike at 108 volts and 20 amps got 35 mph will try 30 amps tomorrow got crazy regen on this bike too!

notice they got clear jacket over button to prevent water going in switch

WELL CHARGED it up full to 118 volts.....the controller might have a high voltage cut off the bike will not run now shit was starting to enjoy the regen :D

does anybody know if Lyen has a high voltage cutoff and can it be re programmed?

Korpin, with all of the issue you had with your high volt set up, why didn't you go with a 20s and a vented 4080? You could run 20s at 50 amps through a vented 4080 and have way more reliablity and similiar performance to the 28s and 4065 you are running and having issue with even at 30 amps.

dpearce said:
Someone asked me how many could be fit in the frame so I figured this information would be helpful here.
18650s_zps06e2f3ce.jpg

20mm diameter batteries representing 18650's shown in a hexagonal closest packed lattice. The internal width of the frame is almost 100mm, so laid sideways as shown you would have more space widthwise, about another 35% where you could theoretically add more batteries in a vertical layer, perpendicular to these and still have room for insulation. There is also the cavities near the headtube and seat tube, where the frame narrows, but several more can be added in there as well before the width of the battery is greater than the width of the frame as it tapers.

Considering those things, and how the cylinders are modeled 10% larger in diameter than 18650's, this picture shows a very conservative estimate of how many 18650's you can fit in a Phasor frame, and configuration shows 366 batteries, or about a third more battery capacity than a Stealth filled with 280 18650's.

Damn David, thats a lot of battery. Off the top of my head, you could run 24s at 30ah nominal with your example.

Rix said:
Korpin, with all of the issue you had with your high volt set up, why didn't you go with a 20s and a vented 4080? You could run 20s at 50 amps through a vented 4080 and have way more reliablity and similiar performance to the 28s and 4065 you are running and having issue with even at 30 amps.

well it looks like the new HPC controller has a high voltage cutoff around 108 volts....my batteries top out over 117 volts so it looks like they are going to put a Lyen controller HOPEFULLY THIS WILL BE THE END OF THIS ORDEAL....DAMM!....only got to try it one time the regen was nice!....next time will probably stay under 100 volts that seems to be the problem (at least with HPC controllers)...crystalyte advertises them as 100 volts but if it cuts out at 117 volts I would call that a 90 volt controller

So who is going to make/offer a battery like that ?

Would take quite some work to fit that many cells and hope you never need to remove them.

I could see something modular possible working. Be nice to see Phasor team up with someone who
has the frame dimensions and who is ready to make packs based on peoples needs.

I am leaning twards 18650's myself just not sure if I want to have a go at making one myself or what.

OFF TOPIC BUT CHECK OUT THIS FRAME: http://evelbike.com/catalog/accessories/frameset/e-kross-frameset/

Hi all, been a bit quiet on the phasor page so thought I should post my most recent mischief. Alex from the forum hooked me up with an adaptto max e which has replaced the lyen 18 fet controller. With the HS4065 the max is probably overkill but my experience with controllers has been big is better. While I had the HS4065 apart to install the thermistor undertook some modest venting to keep the temp down while keeping rocks out. Install went smoothly but I had to manually adjust one of the angle settings in the controller but otherwise simple. Lots of info on the forum around cromotor setups etc so was a little unsure what performance gain I would get with the 4065. In short the 4065 is now near silent which aids in the stealth department compared to the previous rattle noise it used to emit. Having said that I have nearly been taken out by mobs of kangaroos twice as they don't hear me coming in time to get out of the way and then hop out in front of me.

I have setup boost mode as 65amp max with 120 phase amps and am seeing brief excursions into 5.2kw range. Temp is yet to exceed 95c even on my hilly tracks and the phase wires appear to be within acceptable temps. Performance wise I am simply blown away. Top end speed remains largely unchanged (haven't played with overlocking) but torque wise it feels more like a motorbike. It will lift the front wheel if your not careful and accelerates at a rate I am struggling to comprehend compared to before. Hills, well it climbs like some sort of wild goat where previously I would be supplementing with pedal power. If your going decent speed temp isn't an issue but if you are doing technical slow bits up hill you can see the temp start to come up. I can't wipe the smile off my dial after each ride. The Max wasn't cheap but in terms of performance and easy of use (plug and ride) consider it money well spent. Likewise, my experience with dealing with Alex was entirely positive (I have no affiliations).

Work commences
IMG_0056.jpg

Back to square one
IMG_0060.jpg

Just a little more work
IMG_0095.jpg

Ready to go
IMG_0096.jpg

It will lift the front wheel if your not careful and accelerates at a rate I am struggling to comprehend compared to before

9lives, looking at your build, you are running a 26" MTB wheel on the rear, and you are getting a enough accelerations to lift the front wheel, that speaks huge. What are you running for voltage? Getting 5.2 peak KW, I am guessing 18s-20s.

Rix, yes running a 20S setup which combined with the bikes relatively modest weight (36Kg ready to ride) makes it fun. I ride ICE bikes so performance is by no means scary (won't throw you off from a standstill) but at around 15km/h the torque comes on strong and you can use throttle to lift the front wheel for obstacles etc. From a standstill it will now power up gradients that would have previously stalled the motor. The other positive I have noticed is that regenerating braking works straight away so there is no waiting for the battery to run down as was the case with the 18FET.

Have discovered a negative however. With great power comes.......

IMG_0100.jpg

4Km into the 9Km bush loop the rear tube let go. Sure was fun walking out of here.

9lives said:
Rix, yes running a 20S setup which combined with the bikes relatively modest weight (36Kg ready to ride) makes it fun. I ride ICE bikes so performance is by no means scary (won't throw you off from a standstill) but at around 15km/h the torque comes on strong and you can use throttle to lift the front wheel for obstacles etc. From a standstill it will now power up gradients that would have previously stalled the motor. The other positive I have noticed is that regenerating braking works straight away so there is no waiting for the battery to run down as was the case with the 18FET.

Have discovered a negative however. With great power comes.......

View attachment 1

4Km into the 9Km bush loop the rear tube let go. Sure was fun walking out of here.

This is whey I recommend a MC wheel conversion, if you are interested, send me a PM and I will get you sorted with rim options, tires.

9lives, nice to see your build!
Have you got a charger yet?
I finally got a few new in. The one in the middle. (Rodney I know you want one)
It is a 1800 Watt Eaton APR48-3G. Very popular due its size/weight/power ratio.
The Weight is 1.5Kg compared to the 1,9Kg of the stock 500W bomber charger and the form factor is much nicer to if you want to have it in a backpack.
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=62650&start=75#p979616
file.php

here is my Lyen controller bike works great tops out at 45 mph at 20 amps...tried increasing amps on CA but it still seems to stay around 20 amps....is high amp limit programmed on controller? its a EC-184115HV model

Attachments

• phasor-lyen-controller.jpg
    phasor-lyen-controller.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 3,659
120 phase amps is like a toy ;)
Try to raise it a bit,about 180. The bike should feel a little more alive off the start. You still have 9 lives, right?

Back