E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

PRW said:
Hyena said:
Now, listen up stealth owners and fans:
I have some exciting news regarding something that I may or may not have seen, that may or may not look like the stealth bikes that we all know and love, that I may or may not be released very shortly. Anyone interested in knowing more ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Based on your previous tease:delivery ratio - I just set my alarm clock for 2017... :D

Come on spill it man, stop teasing us :roll:

After much extensive testing I've finally figured out what Bombers are made for. You guys riding in the dirt are going to feel pretty stupid when I tell you. Bombers are the ultimate bar hoppers.

You don't need a license.
Can out run traffic.
Can't break the speed limit (kind of).
Silence doesn't draw any attention.
Bikers love to look at them.

But you can still get a DUI on one! Years ago, my brother was riding his bike in Germany after a night out on the town. He hit a taxi in the rear door and the Polizei charged him with DUI. His company commander was not thrilled with him. He had to replace the door on the Mercedes-Benz taxi along with the other fines and restrictions placed on him. Not a night he likes to recall. I bring it up every now and then. lol

SamM

Hey guys,
I'm back. Spring has sprung and I've been riding my bike a little. My plans of overhauling the Fighter over the Winter fell through due to health issues. Today, I'm having a new 26" Duro Razorback spooned onto my front rim. I have a few questions about upgrades.

Rix,
What motor did you go with on your Fighter? Where do I get one?

Jay,
Did you come up with a more powerful battery for the Fighter. If so, how much?

My next mod will probably be new motorcycle wheels and tires. Over the Winter, I forgot how much I love this bike. Next month, I'm going on a retreat/camping/mountain biking trip. The sponsors want me to do a class on electric bikes and solar systems used to charge equipment on mtb trips.

Hope everyone is well and thanks for any information.

SamM

SamM said:
After much extensive testing I've finally figured out what Bombers are made for. You guys riding in the dirt are going to feel pretty stupid when I tell you. Bombers are the ultimate bar hoppers.

Can out run traffic.

But you can still get a DUI on one! Years ago, my brother was riding his bike in Germany after a night out on the town. He hit a taxi in the rear door and the Polizei charged him with DUI. His company commander was not thrilled with him. He had to replace the door on the Mercedes-Benz taxi along with the other fines and restrictions placed on him. Not a night he likes to recall. I bring it up every now and then. lol

SamM

Funny you should mention that. On my way home from Strokers, about mile away I ran across this scene. None of the police paid the slightest bit attention me though. I was fully cloaked, and Stealthy.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I was fully cloaked, and Stealthy.
And there in lies one of your biggest risks. Even if you don't crash yourself your chances of getting cleaned up by a car on your invisible bike are right up there. You may get away with it there but it most places if you get a mean cop they could charge you with a host of offenses including DUI, unregistered motorcycle, unlicensed (if you dont have a moto license) and not wearing an approved moto helmet. And if you crash as in SamM's case above you'll be cop the insurance bill as well.

SamM, I ended up selling my fighter. I could make it a little faster and higher powered with a higher voltage, high current pack but the overall whr capacity would be about the same so you wouldn't get any more range. Due to the fighters being designed to take stealths specific battery there was a bit of wasted space by going to an 18650 pack

PRW said:
Based on your previous tease:delivery ratio - I just set my alarm clock for 2017... :D
hahaha. No need to fire up the delorean, I will leak more news very shortly.
Here's a time line hint, you'll need to start rattling the piggy banks because these will likely be ready before you even get your tax return back :wink:

SamM said:
Hey guys,
I'm back. Spring has sprung and I've been riding my bike a little. My plans of overhauling the Fighter over the Winter fell through due to health issues. Today, I'm having a new 26" Duro Razorback spooned onto my front rim. I have a few questions about upgrades.
Rix,
What motor did you go with on your Fighter? Where do I get one?
Jay,
Did you come up with a more powerful battery for the Fighter. If so, how much?
My next mod will probably be new motorcycle wheels and tires. Over the Winter, I forgot how much I love this bike. Next month, I'm going on a retreat/camping/mountain biking trip. The sponsors want me to do a class on electric bikes and solar systems used to charge equipment on mtb trips.

Hope everyone is well and thanks for any information.

SamM

Sam, I am running the H4080 on the Fighter, for at least another couple of moreweeks. Got Clytes new TC4080 on the way, I will be running that shortly once I get it laced up to one of my many 18 or 19 MC rims. Also, I got the Adapto Max E with the MXUS 4T on the way for my next build, which will be predicated on the a DIY Frame which I haven't OFFICIALY chosen yet. I got a very funny suspicion that will be resolved soon though. For the longest time, I have been preaching the Clyte 5404. I have sold a dozen or so of those because they are so tough and reliable.....and heavy as they get. That's why I am trying the TC4080 and MXUS in the near future.

Theodore Voltaire said:

Can out run traffic.

Our bikes are good bar hoppers. Much better than any hardtail running a springer front end.

Sam, I am running the H4080 on the Fighter, for at least another couple of moreweeks. Got Clytes new TC4080 on the way, I will be running that shortly once I get it laced up to one of my many 18 or 19 MC rims. Also, I got the Adapto Max E with the MXUS 4T on the way for my next build, which will be predicated on the a DIY Frame which I haven't OFFICIALY chosen yet. I got a very funny suspicion that will be resolved soon though. For the longest time, I have been preaching the Clyte 5404. I have sold a dozen or so of those because they are so tough and reliable.....and heavy as they get. That's why I am trying the TC4080 and MXUS in the near future.

Keep us updated. I may be looking to upgrade. My bike has been doing very well but a little more torque for hills and a bit more speed would make it much better for me. I've been looking at motorcycle rims and tires again too. My Adapto Max-E is here and just waiting for the install. Riding has been so much fun, I haven't thought much about it.

SamM

Hyena said:
PRW said:
Here's a time line hint, you'll need to start rattling the piggy banks because these will likely be ready before you even get your tax return back :wink:
that's excellent news, looking forward to it!
For me, I may have to wait a while - Samd has emptied the bike allocation piggy bank with his two builds he is busy with.... and currently I don't pay tax... :D

Hyena said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
And there in lies one of your biggest risks. Even if you don't crash yourself your chances of getting cleaned up by a car on your invisible bike are right up there. You may get away with it there but it most places if you get a mean cop they could charge you with a host of offenses including DUI, unregistered motorcycle, unlicensed (if you dont have a moto license) and not wearing an approved moto helmet. And if you crash as in SamM's case above you'll be cop the insurance bill as well.

My friend, fear not. This bike is the least of all conveyances to get us in trouble. We ride as a fish I water, and the danger is well known. Zombies are everywhere in this life.

My recommendation is if you're not having a problem with flats stick with the 24" rim. A bicycle tire will give you the best acceleration, and torque.

PRW said:
Hyena said:
PRW said:
For me, I may have to wait a while - Samd has emptied the bike allocation piggy bank with his two builds he is busy with.... and currently I don't pay tax... :D
I hope I'm not causing marital issues PRW.
How do I get this tax free gig? :mrgreen:

Samd said:
PRW said:
I hope I'm not causing marital issues PRW.
How do I get this tax free gig? :mrgreen:
the reason there are no marital issues - everything gets built twice, so she gets one as well - and she is always amazed at how you build such great bikes for less than $3k each... :wink:
for tax free - work 6 days a week in 45 degree celcius heat (actually I can't complain - it's only 5 1/2 days a week, and I'm in an air-conditioned office). Actually - lots of work out here, Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Qatar...

Theodore Voltaire said:
Hyena said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

My friend, fear not. This bike is the least of all conveyances to get us in trouble. We ride as a fish I water, and the danger is well known. Zombies are everywhere in this life.

LOL TV So poetic but true. I've never attracted the attention of the constabulary on Bomber or Fighter but my pushbike is a cop magnet apparently cos I don't like wearing a helmet on it.

I haven't gotten a flat on my bike in over 4000 miles now (talk about tempting the flat gods). I don't care, I'm like a moth to the flame.

At times I ride through parts of town, that if my bike broke down, I'd be instantly set upon by hundreds of zombies. I never have any fear though, because my bike is dependable like a rock, and fully cloaked, and silent. I can go anywhere, and nothing can stop me. It's called freedom.

been out on my bomber 5200w about 12 times and back brake pads are worn out and are they mt5 4 piston brakes?
should they last longer than 6 weeks?
thx
steve

stevebills said:
been out on my bomber 5200w about 12 times and back brake pads are worn out and are they mt5 4 piston brakes?
thx
steve

Should say on levers what brakes u got,
Try using regen more,and the front brake

Jimboyr6 said:
stevebills said:
thx
steve

Should say on levers what brakes u got,
Try using regen more,and the front brake

yes there MT5 brakes and the pads are so tiny no wonder they only lasted a few hundred miles
i need to use the regen button a lot more if they wear this fast
thx
steve

stevebills said:
thx
steve

I have the MT2 front and rear with a thousand hard road and mostly offroad miles, pads are thin but still not metal to metal. I got to ask, were your rear pads rubbing when in motion?

Anyone looking to do moto rim conversion or need spokes and nipples for a stealth or build this firm has very good quality and thay have good coms
Central Wheel Components Limited
8 & 9 Station Road
Coleshill
Birmingham
B46 1HT
United Kingdom
Telephone
+44 (0)1675 462264
Facsimile
+44 (0)1675 466412

Information & Sales:
info@central-wheel.co.uk

Longer trasmission on the Bomber :?:
I have tried the freewheel that fits the MXUS 3000 but do not fit on the Crystalyte 5403 because the inner diameter of the freewheel is too small
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&p=980571&hilit=freewheel#p980571

Anybody have an advice to find a 12T or 14T freewheel to exchange the 16T that I currently have on the Bomber?

bigbore said:
Longer trasmission on the Bomber :?:
I have tried the freewheel that fits the MXUS 3000 but do not fit on the Crystalyte 5403 because the inner diameter of the freewheel is too small
http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=63142&p=980571&hilit=freewheel#p980571

Anybody have an advice to find a 12T or 14T freewheel to exchange the 16T that I currently have on the Bomber?

Hey Cilindro Grande, If the standard freewheel on the 5403 is too big for the MXUS, that's telling me that the MXUS uses a "BMX Free Wheel" instead of a single speed mountain bike free wheel. I am not 100% sure, but I think this is the case. I will have the MXUS 4t in my hands in about a month or two. I can let you know then.

On another note, got my new TC4080 in today. Its light, came in at 19.6 pounds, or 8.9kg. My 5404s on the same scale weight 30.2 pounds, or about 13.8kg. So this motor looks promising. The data I have on this motor is it splits the difference right down the middle between the H40xx and the 54xx in terms of performance and potential peak kw capabilities. I find this is neat if this is the case as it only weighs about 1 pound more than a 40xx. @ Pendragon, I will modify your cooling impeller to fit the TC and send it back to you so you can start patterning them for the TC as well.

Attachments

• TC.jpg
    TC.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 3,530
  • TC3.jpg
    TC3.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 3,530
I'm a bit tired of all the hub motors and batterypacks hanging around from my upgrades on the fighter. I just put my old tc100 on my mums bike.
It's good to be able to make use of the old fighter parts, the old 90v pack and CA allso came a long.
tc100.jpg

Back