E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Allex said:
Maybe merling have ideas on the chafing?
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61429&start=125#p1145607
8" 200mm puller take the biggest motors so they are fine.

Yes, this solution is what I was thinking about but the wires has to turn 90° just out of the shaft on my setup:
2015-12-25%2023.20.19.jpg

I will make something like that anyway

Rix said:
Ciao Simone, I have this exact three jaw gear puller from Harbor Freight for 18 USD, thats like 13 Euros. Shipping will be a bit to Italy though. Its easily more than large enough for your motor, the 54xx sereis has a254mm outer flange diameter and its easly was large enough for that. http://www.harborfreight.com/8-in-three-jaw-gear-puller-69224.html

Thank yuo very much to all. I bid this gear puller on ebay.de yesterday and seems it would do the job at a cheap price:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Lager-Abzieher-Innenlager-Innenabzieher-Kugellager-Auszieher-Ausdruecker-200-mm-/401077532901?ru=http%3A+www.ebay.de%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_sacat%3D0%26_nkw%3D401077532901%26_rdc%3D1&nma=true&si=%252BsOYveMIAASbyfyhIy4DRIeRRpI%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Hi guys. I hate to post this but I am hoping to get some help. About a year ago I was informed by the doctor that I have a significant health issue. So, I decided, what the hell, buy a stealth bike if you want one. So I did. Not long after that I realized the need for a kickstand. I contacted Quigleymotorsports a few times with questions about their kickstand. I can cut and paste emails but the summary is: "That's the price but it will be 4-6 weeks before it ships". Well, I'm ok with that. On 25 September I sent the full price via paypal (I have copies of all of this) to Lincoln Quigley (QuigleyMotorsports).
Since then I have sent an email every 3-4 weeks. I can post any of these but they usually go like this: "Hi, I ordered the gen 2.1 bomber kickstand (4,8,13,17,20) weeks ago. I'm wondering if there is any chance it will ship soon."
About two months ago I actually got a response that said essentially " We are moving production facilities, please be patient with us."
A week ago I sent another email that said somewhat jokingly, "It would be nice to be able to use the kickstand before I die."
I have not gotten a response.
Ironically I borrowed my neighbors truck to take the bike to a park to ride. When I was done riding I leaned the bike against a chain link fence approx two feet from the truck. I was putting my helmet in the truck and a kid bumped the fence from the other side and it tipped the bike over toward the truck. The handlebar put a dent and a 6 inch scrape in the paint. I just paid $450 to have the truck fixed. So, I realize that I could have have done something differently but it pretty much means the kickstand (that I don't have) is now costing me about $1000.
I have been incredibly patient but this is getting absurd. I am posting this so that no one else will have to go through this. There is also the hope that Quigleymotorsports decides to send me a kickstand. I am initiating efforts to recover the funds through PayPal. I'm not sure yet what they'll do yet as it has been 5 months since the payment occurred.
If you guys have any recommendations please provide them.
Thanks,
Erik

Jetdryvr said:
Hi guys. I hate to post this but I am hoping to get some help. About a year ago I was informed by the doctor that I have a significant health issue. So, I decided, what the hell, buy a stealth bike if you want one. So I did. Not long after that I realized the need for a kickstand. I contacted Quigleymotorsports a few times with questions about their kickstand. I can cut and paste emails but the summary is: "That's the price but it will be 4-6 weeks before it ships". Well, I'm ok with that. On 25 September I sent the full price via paypal (I have copies of all of this) to Lincoln Quigley (QuigleyMotorsports).
Since then I have sent an email every 3-4 weeks. I can post any of these but they usually go like this: "Hi, I ordered the gen 2.1 bomber kickstand (4,8,13,17,20) weeks ago. I'm wondering if there is any chance it will ship soon."
About two months ago I actually got a response that said essentially " We are moving production facilities, please be patient with us."
A week ago I sent another email that said somewhat jokingly, "It would be nice to be able to use the kickstand before I die."
Ironically I borrowed my neighbors truck to take the bike to a park to ride. When I was done riding I leaned the bike against a chain link fence approx two feet from the truck. I was putting my helmet in the truck and a kid bumped the fence from the other side and it tipped the bike over toward the truck. The handlebar put a dent and a 6 inch scrape in the paint. I just paid $450 to have the truck fixed. So, I realize that I could have have done something differently but it pretty much means the kickstand (that I don't have) is now costing me about $1000.
I have been incredibly patient but this is getting absurd. I am posting this so that no one else will have to go through this. There is also the hope that Quigleymotorsports decides to send me a kickstand. I am initiating efforts to recover the funds through PayPal. I'm not sure yet what they'll do yet as it has been 5 months since the payment occurred.
Thanks,
Erik

I have no experience with their kickstand, but I can tell just by looking it's not as good a stand as my modified Honda CR80 stand made by moose racing. My stand is very robust, and located in the proper location on the bike.

ridethelightning said:
@BB

perhaps some silicone wire, 8awg or larger if you can find, with the sheath stripped off and replaced with braided fibreglass where it goes through the axle and bends at the dropout would help.
one of the problems with the stock phase wires is that they lack flexibility, being coarser wire inside, and the teflon sheath is really hard and sometimes brittle :|

I have done this myself and found it solves these problems.

This is a very good idea! This will be my last resort. For the moment I'm going to remove the spare set of halls wires to have a bunch of cables a bit smaller.
Today I managed to remove the left side flange.
First of all, using a rubber hammer hitting the right side of the shaft I have detached the flange from the seat then with an extractor made with stuff found in the trash recycling I removed it.
20160226_130423_1.jpg

20160226_131145_1.jpg

20160226_132225_1.jpg

Bearings look good:
20160226_133220_1.jpg

The strangest question is :?: :lol:
Why they have forgotten to do one of the ribs :?: :?:

Finally, a question for the experts. Using the extractor during the extraction of the stator the latter rubs in the rotor. This will not scratch on magnets? Is there a system to keep everything aligned during extraction?

Jetdryvr said:
So, I realize that I could have have done something differently but it pretty much means the kickstand (that I don't have) is now costing me about $1000.

What a shame .... with that amount you would have bought my super carbon kickstand!
20150818_182706.jpg

20150819_233300.jpg

bigbore said:
ridethelightning said:
@BB

perhaps some silicone wire, 8awg or larger if you can find, with the sheath stripped off and replaced with braided fibreglass where it goes through the axle and bends at the dropout would help.
one of the problems with the stock phase wires is that they lack flexibility, being coarser wire inside, and the teflon sheath is really hard and sometimes brittle :|

I have done this myself and found it solves these problems.

This is a very good idea! This will be my last resort. For the moment I'm going to remove the spare set of halls wires to have a bunch of cables a bit smaller.
Today I managed to remove the left side flange.
First of all, using a rubber hammer hitting the right side of the shaft I have detached the flange from the seat then with an extractor made with stuff found in the trash recycling I removed it.
[i
Bearings look good:
[
The strangest question is :?: :lol:
Why they have forgotten to do one of the ribs :?: :?:

Finally, a question for the experts. Using the extractor during the extraction of the stator the latter rubs in the rotor. This will not scratch on magnets? Is there a system to keep everything aligned during extraction?

When removing the stator from the hub, I found it best to just remove the screws on the disk brake side, and using the 3 Prong puller, push the stator and side cover out all in one motion. Never scratched a magnet. The problem I have is when putting the stator back in, it slams with so much force that its hard to go in perfectly.

basically i do the reverse of when i open the motor with the puller...for putting the motor back together.

with the stator sitting horizontal in a large block of wood with a hole drilled in it for the axle to sit in, I grab the freewheel side spoke flange of the wheel with the magnets in it, with the puller, and wind the puller right down so that the threaded shaft goes into the axle opening in the center of the freewheel.

then i get a bright torch and place on the floor so i can see the tip of the puller sitting in the hole in the end of the axle under the wheel, as i carefully hang the wheel over the stator, freewheel up.

then i slowly, carefully start winding the puller shaft out of the axle opening, allowing the the axle to come out through the hole slowly, keeping the everything aligned, making sure it doesnt jack sideways, as the puller prevents the magnets from slamming the stator in violently, risking smashing and or dislodging the magnets.

@kickstand, i was seriously thinking of asking you for one of those carbon ones when i got one for my nyx, any idea of cost?
i think you could also do well to make them specifically for the nyx bikes, as they lack a stock kickstand too

I'm in the same boat as you with ole-quigley..... I placed an order and paid via paypal last Nov 2015!..... I did not get my emails returned until I started a paypal query..... he advised he's moving shops so please release the funds and the parts are coming.... this as 5 weeks ago..... I'm not too impressed with Mr. Q. Perhaps he will show up here to make his business follow-through.... so far it's not so good. To sit on my $$$ since Nov 15..... is not good business.

His kit looks like the business, so I'll give it another week, then I guess it's time to go the paypal claim route.

"""Hi guys. I hate to post this but I am hoping to get some help. About a year ago I was informed by the doctor that I have a significant health issue. So, I decided, what the hell, buy a stealth bike if you want one. So I did. Not long after that I realized the need for a kickstand. I contacted Quigleymotorsports a few times with questions about their kickstand. I can cut and paste emails but the summary is: "That's the price but it will be 4-6 weeks before it ships". Well, I'm ok with that. On 25 September I sent the full price via paypal (I have copies of all of this) to Lincoln Quigley (QuigleyMotorsports).
Thanks,
Erik""

Didn't Quigley report his Bomber as being "stolen" last year?

Last time logged in here was January 4th.

QMS said:
URGENT URGENT URGENT DEMO BIKE JUST STOLEN#
Bomber/B52 #658 stolen from Glandore oval Edwardstown around 5pm today. False ID given and name given was Mark and female accomplice driving Red Honda Civic. Mark was unshaven, wearing black arai full face motorcross helmet, wearing dirty high vis top, blue jeans and sneakers. If anyone hears or spots this bike please call Lincoln on 0406 347514. Cheers

one4torque said:
I'm in the same boat as you with ole-quigley..... I placed an order and paid via paypal last Nov 2015!..... I did not get my emails returned until I started a paypal query..... he advised he's moving shops so please release the funds and the parts are coming.... this as 5 weeks ago..... I'm not too impressed with Mr. Q. Perhaps he will show up here to make his business follow-through.... so far it's not so good. To sit on my $$$ since Nov 15..... is not good business.

His kit looks like the business, so I'll give it another week, then I guess it's time to go the paypal claim route.

Jetdryvr said:
Thanks,
Erik

Yes, I do remember reading that. I knew a guy here in the US that had his jet skis and all of his waterskiing equipment "stolen". He made a lot of money on that insurance claim.

bigbore said:
20160226_132225_1.jpg

Oh, oh Is that i V3 Extra type? I see one problem here, Adaptto does not like deeper stator teeth like on Crystalyte TC motors(Crown)
And Extra type des exactly have this, the stator-teeth slots are deeper for more copper-fill :(
Worst case you will have a combo that performs very shitty.

is that little difference really going to annoy a max-e?
im so hoping not, as im about to complete a build with those components too...
perhaps there are people who have already tried this combo?

Attachments

• PICT0017.JPG
    PICT0017.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 3,194
The NYX team are currently building a qs205 with adappto setup for a forum member (who happens to have a stealth), and i think Doctorbass is using this combo too, and i can't imagine him using anything but the v3 qs205. Perhaps it could be worth pm'ing him to find out.

Jetdryvr said:
Yes, I do remember reading that. I knew a guy here in the US that had his jet skis and all of his waterskiing equipment "stolen". He made a lot of money on that insurance claim.

Here's my Quigley story to-date:

11/21/15 - sent him 1069 AUS for a kickstand, keychain, work stand, fender set,
They replied they need money for shipping.
11/25/15 - sent him 412.40 AUS for shipping.
Early Jan 16 - File pp claim, sends me email saying his funds are on hold by pp..... and he will ship soon due to some unfortunate circumstance. I closed my pp case because I trusted him.
No no contact since 1/4/15............ I'm out 1069 + 412.5 AUS....
PP says sorry too late to file claims past the exp date....... but I can file through IFCC.....

I sent LQ an email today... I'll give him a day or two to make this right.... and then I'll reach out to local AUS folks for your local law enforcement so I can reach out and touch him in a productive way.

Pardon this type of post on our little forum.... but I may have been juked for a sizable amount of coin, and don't want others to get smoked.
------------------

Yes, I opologize also for putting my story in the thread but just like the other victim I want to keep anyone else from donating to the Quigley fund.

brumbrum said:
The NYX team are currently building a qs205 with adappto setup for a forum member (who happens to have a stealth), and i think Doctorbass is using this combo too, and i can't imagine him using anything but the v3 qs205. Perhaps it could be worth pm'ing him to find out.

Pretty sure the Doc is using MXUS for his AWD setup. However he helps NYX out on fine tuning 205/Max-E setups I believe.

"This is not a jet engine, this is simply a QS motor 205, an Adaptto Max-e 14kW controller, 74V20Ah EIG C020 battery pack and a NYX E-Bike, going at a speed of 170km/h (unloaded)"
[youtube]-Oc0sTa3Lsc[/youtube]

one4torque said:
Jetdryvr said:

Early Jan 16 - File pp claim, sends me email saying his funds are on hold by pp..... and he will ship soon due to some unfortunate circumstance. I closed my pp case because I trusted him.
PP says sorry too late to file claims past the exp date....... but I can file through IFCC.....

I sent LQ an email today... I'll give him a day or two to make this right.... and then I'll reach out to local AUS folks for your local law enforcement so I can reach out and touch him in a productive way.

Pardon this type of post on our little forum.... but I may have been juked for a sizable amount of coin, and don't want others to get smoked.
------------------

In case you need these details:

South Australia police:
https://www.police.sa.gov.au/contact-us/key-contacts

Quigley's contact details:
https://whois.icann.org/en/lookup?name=quigleymotorsport.com

one4torque said:
Jetdryvr said:

------------------

thats ridiculous!
id be getting a refund regardless of him sending the goods or not, what a rippoff.

Theodore Voltaire said:
So far I've never heard a motor that was as quite as my Stock motor
You've clearly not tried of the FOC Sinewave controllers on a 90%+ efficient motor then.
There is literally 0 perceivable noise from the motor.
I don't think the noise in the video above is so much the motor as it is the freewheel, bearings and wind noise.

Cheers

I've placed a call to Lincoln and left a voicemail, suggested that he get his eyeballs onto this E-S thread ASAP to sort through the issues you guys are posting about. Without knowing the details of the transaction, I do know that the AUD/USD exchange rate was tanking around that time, which can leave a vendor out of pocket if they've charged AUD and that affects business cashflow. One of the lesser known joys of supplying to international customers is trying to get the exchange rate right at the time and hoping all lines up in your supply chain for those rates. It's not hard to end up out of pocket when trying to charge acceptable, but not outrageous margins. I'll leave the to and fro between you and QMS, but am sure he's got a valid reason. Who knows, maybe he's had a major off like I did recently..that can lay a guy low.

With any luck, you'll see him posting here again soon or resolving the respective issues you guys are posting about. I've dealt with him before as a supplier, with good turn-around times, so this was bit surprising to read. Anyway, good luck, hope it's sorted for you soon.

I posted this picture for my friends in the Storm owners group. It's of my best friend, and I riding Saturday near downtown. I let Bruce borrow my Storm to ride. What's funny is all day long whenever we stopped, people kept asking Bruce about his bike. No one ever wanted to know anything about my Stealth. It got to be a joke with us after about the third time in a row.

But in the 3700 member Storm owners group many people are a lot more curious about the Stealth. This is how I described it to them.

"Up close, and personal my Stealth has a military look, and feel of heavy field artillery. Little effort was wasted on anything frivolous like aesthetic appeal, and instead everything looks as it has to look, in order to get the job done using as little effort as possible. It has the charm of a stick of dynamite, to a pyromaniac, and I've got the matches."

Back