E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

I got another set of bars for your perusal. I find these intriguing. They're 3" rise same as my red bars, but they aren't as obvious about it, because they have more intricate bends. These are the narrowest of the bars I've tried at 25". They're called Vintage Cruiser bars. They're 31.8 clamp size, and plus they're the right color with no logos.

These bars may be the best of the bunch, and were less then $17 shipped.

Classic-bar-top-view.jpg

Classic-bars-right.jpg

I bought these new bars on eBay for $16.98 shipped from china.

Here's the exact same bars on Amazon for $57.99 shipped

https://www.amazon.com/25-4mm-Mountain-Bicycle-Aluminum-Handlebar/dp/B07MTQNRQV?SubscriptionId=AKIAIKOHFALUJCKC3KXQ&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B07MTQNRQV&linkCode=xm2&tag=bestdeal_us_yahoo-20&m=AZ6NCR1T1T69W

Some people would call these bars, mustache bars.

I want to try a raiser bar too but I need an off road type that has the same central diameter as the stock Bomber bar
Is this one what I should try?
HTB1xeGvjY9YBuNjy0Fgq6AxcXXax.jpg

https://it.aliexpress.com/item/FMF-Aluminum-Alloy-Swallow-shaped-Handlebar-Bicycle-Cycling-Riser-Bar-31-8-700mm-MTB-Mountain-Road/32895418380.html?spm=a2g0y.10010108.1000016.1.20494a01jayqk7&isOrigTitle=true

Those look like nice bars BB. Almost exactly like my red bars, except 2" rise vs 3". I cut a couple inches width off mine which made them about the same as those. I think that style of bars works great for any kind of riding, but especially fast off road. I loved having an extra 2" more rise over the stock bars, but even with 3" rise I still had to reach for them a little, and on long slow rides in the city my wrists get tired.

https://www.modernbike.com/product-2126257727

As a comparison, these new mustache bars I just put on have the same 3" rise, but a little more sweep which brings the grips slightly closer to you. This few degrees of extra sweep allows more adjustment, because if you roll the bars forward it noticeably raises the grips, or you can lower them going the other way. They're a little narrower than what I'm used to, but the biggest thing I ever jump is a curb, so I don't think it will matter. :roll:

And I just realized that since the bars are narrower that makes the reach slightly less too.

I have 5” (125mm) bars on mine but feel they are kinda soft (read flexible!) when riding aggressive off road or when pulling a wheelie. I didn’t want the cross bar because I thought it would block the MaxE screen. Being 6’ 4” tall I needed taller bars so I didn’t feel all hunched over....actually still kind do with these when sitting on the seat. Any lower on the seat and peddling would be a thing of the past and I like to peddle. Love to find a good strong set of bars with a 5 to 6 inch rise for mine.

Tom

Attachments

• 21EDC27A-F868-46DF-9CB2-01FEA3189739.jpeg
    21EDC27A-F868-46DF-9CB2-01FEA3189739.jpeg
    183.5 KB · Views: 1,845
Amazingly, I really dig these bars, they're winners.

This is one of the newer trails in Dallas, the SoPac trail (Southern Pacific). New extensions are being built all over the city, except anywhere I usually ride. :(

20190205-153826.jpg

litespeed said:
I have 5” (125mm) bars on mine but feel they are kinda soft (read flexible!) when riding aggressive off road or when pulling a wheelie. I didn’t want the cross bar because I thought it would block the MaxE screen. Being 6’ 4” tall ...

me too am tall and I too like high handlebars so I tried few options so far.
My bars are with cross bar and steel, not alum. I would prefer the same shape handlebars made of alum but at the time I was shopping I liked these handlebars so much that I accepted additional weight.

All flexing I was getting was due handlebar stem therefore I bought oversized fat handlebar stem and no flex any more, but it's on my pedal bicycle therefore it might act differently when put on heavy bike but I have very big hopes. Both parts are BMX parts; stem and handlebars are - 22.2mm standart (not 31.8mm). The stem in pic is copied by few manufactures therefore different quality items out there in the market even looks are almost identical or maybe just different brand stickers.

Also there is option to get adjustable cross bar. I got cheap one from ali; never put it on handlebars because it looked ok in picture but I didn't liked its finish, it seemed too flimsy, big, cheap, pure quality; so I use BMX handlebar which already has welded crossbar instead.

I want to add that these skinny cross county stems, especially long ones might add flex with high handlebars. I had one stem with creaking sound.
When I had flex it's seemed that if it brakes it will be stem firstly, not handlebars themselves.

Attachments

• stem2.jpg
    stem2.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 1,822
Get a bmx headset like this

headset.jpg

Then you can fit any motorbike handlebar like this

Or what ever you like 😁

I can understand why tall riders would like bars with 5" rise, I'm only 5'10" and I like 3" rise.

Here's 2 different alloy bars with 5" rise. The first one is from Sunlite. It's the same as mine. It comes in two camp sizes, 25.4, and 31.8. Get the big clamp size. They're glossy black.

Sunlite-31-5-5-inch-rise.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Handlebar-31-8mm-Clamp-Length/dp/B0014VV9TA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1549477554&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=31.8+5%22+rise+bars

These are the ones I would recommend, and I wish I had bought instead of the first ones, only becasue I like the cut of their jib better. They have the same shape as the stock bars, but with 5" rise. They have 31.8 clamp size too. They're glossy black, which makes me think they might come from the same manufacturer.

31-5-5-inch.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Handlebar-Rise-31-8-Alloy-Black/dp/B07LCLTCN1/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1549469392&sr=8-7&keywords=31.8+5%22+riser+handlebar

I ordered the black one I linked before on Aliexpress. I measured my present bar and it raise about 35mm so I will increase only 15mm with the 50mm riser bar but for €13,29 I can try it :wink:

While In there I would change the left Handlebar grip that is pretty worn out but I don't find any 100mm type on the net.

Theodore Voltaire said:
I can understand why tall riders would like bars with 5" rise, I'm only 5'10" and I like 3" rise.

Here's 2 different alloy bars with 5" rise. The first one is from Sunlite. It's the same as mine. It comes in two camp sizes, 25.4, and 31.8. Get the big clamp size. They're glossy black.

Sunlite-31-5-5-inch-rise.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Sunlite-Handlebar-31-8mm-Clamp-Length/dp/B0014VV9TA/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1549477554&sr=8-2-fkmr0&keywords=31.8+5%22+rise+bars

These are the ones I would recommend, and I wish I had bought instead of the first ones, only becasue I like the cut of their jib better. They have the same shape as the stock bars, but with 5" rise. They have 31.8 clamp size too. They're glossy black, which makes me think they might come from the same manufacturer.

31-5-5-inch.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/Handlebar-Rise-31-8-Alloy-Black/dp/B07LCLTCN1/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1549469392&sr=8-7&keywords=31.8+5%22+riser+handlebar

The second set you posted is the ones I have.

Perfect minus the flexy feeling when riding hard.....well pretty hard anyways!

Tom

Attachments

• 27C478E1-56F9-4F9F-99A4-2483B7AA0D51.jpeg
    27C478E1-56F9-4F9F-99A4-2483B7AA0D51.jpeg
    153.1 KB · Views: 1,763
  • 08CA1A2F-EA4D-49D4-AAD7-399ABE30CECB.jpeg
    08CA1A2F-EA4D-49D4-AAD7-399ABE30CECB.jpeg
    81.7 KB · Views: 1,763
litespeed said:
I had mentioned many times before I have a Vector framed bike only because I wanted stupid amounts of power......14kw to be exact.

I wanted a Stealth but didn’t want to buy one and rip it apart and upgrade. Not to mention cost prohibitive.

Tom

hello

which connector and breaker you used

Hey Guys

Looking at taking the bomber on a bit of an adventure and will need to charge the bike along the way (off the grid)

Can anyone tell me if a compact lightweight 1000w generator will be enough to charge the bomber?

Never touched generator. Only saw one in concert so don't know much about them.

Your generator 1000w.
There should be written wattage on charger. If bike charger less than 1000w than it is within limits.
For example my charger is ~400watts (84v, ~5amps) so I think I could hook up two chargers to 1000w generator.

whitebomber said:
Hey Guys

Looking at taking the bomber on a bit of an adventure and will need to charge the bike along the way (off the grid)

Can anyone tell me if a compact lightweight 1000w generator will be enough to charge the bomber?

A 1000 w generator should be able to handle running a 6 amp charger with a little power too spare.

It's been raining and cold for days, so...

And what if I told you the front fender is mounted backwards, and rear fender is really a front fender?

fender-fab.jpg

Fenders-Electronaut.jpg

Theodore Voltaire said:
whitebomber said:
Hey Guys

A 1000 w generator should be able to handle running a 6 amp charger with a little power too spare.

Cheers

This is about as close to creating the perfect bike as I've ever come. By perfect I mean, one where I like just about everything about it.

new-fenders-1.jpg

new-fenders-3.jpg

This is a close up look at my final front fender mount. It's solid feeling, and virtually vibration free. The first thing I do with these fenders is drill out the pop rivets, because over time they tend to loosen up and rattle. I like to use bolts to attach the bracket to the fender, and I also use gorilla glue. In this case I turned the bracket around to reverse the fender so the long side was forward, and I moved the bracket from under the fender to the top, to get it a little closer to the tire. The double mounting bracket would normally straddle the fork steerer tube, which makes a nice solid, no vibration mount, but mountain bike suspension forks don't allow that option. I drilled and tapped the fork crossover to accommodate a M5 bolt, and by using a nylon spacer between the fender mounting brackets I retain most of the stability you get from steerer tube mounting style. It also retains tilt, and centering over the tire adjustment.

20190213-123843.jpg

Aesthetically speaking I consider this a huge step up from the skinny plastic fenders I was using. This is as much fender as you need to keep from getting a face full of dirty street water.

20190213-124148.jpg

new-fenders-2.jpg

Nice work, fenders looks good. they will not cover up your ass but what the hell.
Cool that my 5yrs old setup still works!
file.php

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=23996&p=894711&hilit=sks#p894711

BTW here is a razor tyre that could work as alternative to hookworms
24x4 1/4" DURO Beach Cruiser

14ca6d293405.jpg

e592daa982c8.jpg

Back