E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

The bike looks better with the stock rst

it performs slightly better with the white brothers?

where are you from

i have white brothers on mine but ill be upgrading in the not too distant future

I set up the pedalec funtion on my moded fighter today. I started with mode one 250w max 25kph nice an smooth perfect. Second mode, 4000w max 60kph. I Must say, Not the smartest thing I've done with 1cm slush snow on the ground.. Was okay for the first 5 meters then I went into a uncontrollable powerslide for about 15m. Pehw..
I've decided to not use the pedalec above 600w on my 22cell pack.

MexicanBatman said:
The bike looks better with the stock rst

it performs slightly better with the white brothers?

where are you from

i have white brothers on mine but ill be upgrading in the not too distant future

Yeah I think the silver looks better too but it's real rocky and rough here in Karratha Western Australia and I want shockers I won't be disappointed with.
Why are you thinking of changing?

I changed my R-one to 888 and they are awesome in comparison.
You could always sell the R's, that fork is really shitty.
Think that WB could be better but not as plush as 888

Mueck said:
Hi everyone this is my first post and I'm happy to say after a year I've ordered my new stealth bomber!! :lol:
I really wanted to know what was more value for money points against and for white brothers forks and the r ones. I always want the best gear but I've never really heard of white brothers and can find much about them in the net.... If I had the option I would have gone the bombers. But there not offering those forks anymore. How are ppl liking different forks

Thanks for your comments

Welcome to the club Mueck! The White Brothers Grove fork will be better, by quite a margin than the RST R1. They are popular here in the US with gravity riders. I have seen riders using them at various ski resorts in Tahoe on the slopes during past summers. That being said if you don't like how the WB work for you, you can get them re-valved to suit you. So it wont be an issue of spending the extra money for that factory addition only to toss them later. Same with the Fox 40s and Zoch 888s. Avalanche Racing and Hippie tech are just two companies that re-valve MTB forks. I got 2012 888s in 2013 for $600.00 Jenson has some 2013 888 CR for $600 as well. Those will probably sell out by the end of the month as folks in North America start buying stuff and getting the MTB set up for the spring and summer riding season. My 888s work much better than the RSTs, but still had to have them re-valved to suit my tonnage and riding style. I actually like the RSTs R1, their 20mm thru axle design is the best and most simple set up I have ever seen on two wheels MC and MTB included. No clamps, no quick release, just a simple axle unit with course left hand threads. And it works, but nobody valves them and I couldn't find any after market cartridge kits that would be a direct install which is a bumber.

Rick

Cheers for the reply guys... I've orderd the white brothers.. Next question has anyone solar charged there bike? Thinking I want to be able to take it camping with me and be able to use it more than one charge!

Mueck said:
Cheers for the reply guys... I've orderd the white brothers.. Next question has anyone solar charged there bike? Thinking I want to be able to take it camping with me and be able to use it more than one charge!
From memory the Bomber charger draws about 900 watts , thats a lot of solar panels . Only way is with a generator .

Mueck said:
Next question has anyone solar charged there bike? Thinking I want to be able to take it camping with me and be able to use it more than one charge!

I had the same thought last week .....(time for a very rough calculation) If the charger draws 1000watts for 2 hours that is 2kW/Hrs where I live 2 x 260watt panel will generate 2.3kW/Hrs a day on average. Put that is to a 260Ah 12volt battery and then plug your bikes charger into a 12VDC to 240VAC inverter and you should get one ride a day if its sunny. cost around $1500. Possible yes, worth it ???

Today I had the longest trip so far on the 22cell pack from freego. I ended my trip on the fighter after 75km. It was quite cold with 4 deg C.
Here are some numbers from the CA. The lvc is set to 67v just to be safe. 65v minimum. I did 1680wh 22wh/km. Total 20ah. No regen.
tmp_20140203_224451-11384482779.jpgtmp_20140203_224416-1134829266.jpgView attachment 2

I have actually setup a 6 panel solar system on my garage with Deep Cycle batteries....to charge the bike and keep a drinks fridge running...
Its a little more outlay than just the panels as I wanted to store the power and charge at night...
but works a treat...been charging my bike for last year off the system...(using an inverter and the standard Bomber charger)

Shall be removing the panels from this house to move to another and upgrade to run a few more items...

I have about 12Kw (1000A x 12V) of energy if I need it...and 1.2Kw of Solar...

[youtube]IfnGEpdl0VA[/youtube]

Mr Lowbank said:
Mueck said:
Next question has anyone solar charged there bike? Thinking I want to be able to take it camping with me and be able to use it more than one charge!

I had the same thought last week .....(time for a very rough calculation) If the charger draws 1000watts for 2 hours that is 2kW/Hrs where I live 2 x 260watt panel will generate 2.3kW/Hrs a day on average. Put that is to a 260Ah 12volt battery and then plug your bikes charger into a 12VDC to 240VAC inverter and you should get one ride a day if its sunny. cost around $1500. Possible yes, worth it ???

fsmuggen said:
Today I had the longest trip so far on the 22cell pack from freego. I ended my trip on the fighter after 75km. It was quite cold with 4 deg C.
Here are some numbers from the CA. The lvc is set to 67v just to be safe. 65v minimum. I did 1680wh 22wh/km. Total 20ah. No regen.
View attachment 1View attachment 2

Have you posted any pictures of your battery pack?

There are some pics on page 260. I can't take pics of the pack now.. it's hidden in the frame..:p

fsmuggen said:
Today I tested the 22cell pack from freegopower in my fighter frame. It's a tight fit.... looks good, mabe the frame need a light sweep with the dremmel a few places to make shure the padding will fit. Does anyone have any inputs on how to tune the gain on speed limits and power limits to make it as smooth as possible?

fsmuggen said:

So 22 cell is 74v ? 20 ah ? Will it fit in a Bomber frame?

Mueck said:

The Stealth dealer in west melbourne 'stealth bike tours' has a big van setup with 1.2kw solar panels on top and deep cycle batteries that he charges his bikes off. Good setup but its his business.. I'm not so sure it will be worth it for personal use.

Theodore Voltaire said:
Here's a solar 78v charger. Only $2619.00

http://www.hi-powercycles.com/hpc-suncapture-300-folding-solar-panel/

Why would you buy that?? Really! a 12V battery of sufficient amperage coupled with an inverter and you have a 240V power source (good for more than just charging you ebike battery). It's 2014 remember.

Gow864 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

Why would you buy that?? Really! a 12V battery of sufficient amperage coupled with an inverter and you have a 240V power source (good for more than just charging you ebike battery). It's 2014 remember.

I guess because it's portable, and it's solar.

fsmuggen said:
I re wired the cav3 with throttle in, tempsensor, rs232, PAS and Th0.

What does "throttle in" do exactly? I understand that this is using throttle directly to controller instead of having it to CA. What advantages does this gain?

DunkenKBliths said:
I have actually setup a 6 panel solar system on my garage with Deep Cycle batteries....to charge the bike and keep a drinks fridge running...
Its a little more outlay than just the panels as I wanted to store the power and charge at night...
but works a treat...been charging my bike for last year off the system...(using an inverter and the standard Bomber charger)

Shall be removing the panels from this house to move to another and upgrade to run a few more items...

I have about 12Kw (1000A x 12V) of energy if I need it...and 1.2Kw of Solar...

[youtube]IfnGEpdl0VA[/youtube]

]
You`ve got serious solar power there . I`ve got a 100 watt panel on my shed roof and 2 * 105 amp/hr baterries . It comfortably runs led lights a small fridge & chargers batteries for my hobby toys but it cant handle a full charge to a Bomber .

Theodore Voltaire said:
Gow864 said:
Theodore Voltaire said:

I guess because it's portable, and it's solar.
Good point , but you`ll flatten about 4 car batteries doing it . How are you going to recharge those batteries ?

[quoteGood point , but you`ll flatten about 4 car batteries doing it . How are you going to recharge those batteries ?]
[/quote]

By running jumper cables off your car battery or a 12v battery charger plugged into a diesel/gas/petrol generator. :wink: Shuckydarns, its obvious to me, yah, I know I am a genius and my favorite color is clear :shock: :lol:

Tyre Pressures

so i decided to check mine, stock wheels stock duro offroad tyres

ive done about 150km all hard off roading and im 140kg riding weight :shock:

mainly fast xc trails and loth of Dh trails with drops and a decent amount of rocky terrain

front im running 14psi and rear 23.5psi

ive got dints in my rear rim from smashing rocks hard and yet no pinch flats

so you dont have to necessarily run high pressures to avoid flats

MexicanBatman said:
Tyre Pressures

so i decided to check mine, stock wheels stock duro offroad tyres

ive done about 150km all hard off roading and im 140kg riding weight :shock:

mainly fast xc trails and loth of Dh trails with drops and a decent amount of rocky terrain

front im running 14psi and rear 23.5psi

ive got dints in my rear rim from smashing rocks hard and yet no pinch flats

so you dont have to necessarily run high pressures to avoid flats

That sounds like a seriously definitive test MB...can imagine how punishing your rides are on any tire. It'll be interesting to hear how far you go before you need to change to a new one. I had a rare pinch flat on my Bomber a few weeks back. My fault for abusing an end of life Berm Master @ ~ 45psi. With no spare tube on hand, only a can of Slime Spair which I knew was pointless. Bad move...it slimed me. So there I was on an agricultural lane covered in greenshit with no choice but to ride on the flat tire until it shredded. Interesting experience even at low speed, sliding everywhere until I got to the huge hill near home on the rim. That's when I threw it in the bushes and went & got the rescue vehicle. Never riding on worn tires again.

Allex said:
fsmuggen said:
I re wired the cav3 with throttle in, tempsensor, rs232, PAS and Th0.

What does "throttle in" do exactly? I understand that this is using throttle directly to controller instead of having it to CA. What advantages does this gain?

Throttle in means the throttle goes into the CA3 then the CA3 sends out the signal to the controller. The standard setup uses Legacy mode which means the throttle signal goes straight through to the controller.

Advantage of having the throttle go through the CA is that you have many more control features available like temp roll back, switchable current limiting, current control throttle rather the speed control throttle and PAS. Also current limiting is much smoother than legacy mode current limiting.

Legacy mode current limiting needs to see an out of boundary condition and then push back. This is why you tend to get surge then the power drops back when you set a low current limit.

With Throttle in setup, the CA has much better control over the throttle output and as such provides a much smoother method of current control.

my back tyre is bald now, but as luck has it the phone just rang and my front and rear moto wheels are ready, now i just have to make time to collect them and fit them

heres a sample vid from today, starts about 1min in i was letting the kid get a head start an i such in the rocks, im faster on a dh bike as the stealth and rider are just too heavy, (moto tyres will fix this though :))

i could have gone faster but im out of tune, i was riding poorly, so i took it easy cos i nearly necked my self a few times LOL

2nd vid should be up soon, both same run one fork camera the other go pro chest mount, unedited so you can LOLat my bad lines and mistakes

[youtube]bmE5PR3PA0Q[/youtube]

[youtube]onSBVMwZS0s[/youtube]

Back