E-S Stealth Electric Bike Owners

Hyena said:
Theodore Voltaire said:
Thanks for confirming this Hyena. I've actually already had a look under the cover. I believe I saw 2 pots? I didn't know which one to adjust so I didn't touch them.
One is voltage, one is current. They vary from model to model as to which is which. Take note of the original position and turn it slowly, if the voltage doesn't change then you've got the current one. Return it back to where it was and then adjust the other one.

Thanks lots, good to know.

Any ideas on how to fix this side panel properly? Should I just duct tape it? I don't think crazy glue will do the job.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459306542.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459329808.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459340486.jpg[/attachment]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1402459306542.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402459306542.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 774
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402459329808.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402459329808.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 774
  • uploadfromtaptalk1402459340486.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1402459340486.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 774
proper159 said:
Any ideas on how to fix this side panel properly? Should I just duct tape it? I don't think crazy glue will do the job.
[attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459306542.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459329808.jpg[/attachment][attachment=-1]uploadfromtaptalk1402459340486.jpg[/attachment]

Not sure that regular duct tape would hold but 3M VHB double sided tape definitely will.

remf said:
proper159 said:

Not sure that regular duct tape would hold but 3M VHB double sided tape definitely will.

Okay Thx, I'll try that out.

Double sided tape will hold it but will that leave a gap between the CF surface and the metal surround ?
What's on it now ? Looks like silicon? I'd use something similar again, preferably some polyurethane product like sikaflex.

If you want it to hold good:
Remove that fake carbon film around the corners, just cut around the whole aluminum plate where silicon tracers are. 5mm(0.2 inch) should be good. Now rub up the exposed metal a bit with sandpaper(side cover needs to be clean too). Buy black silicon, like you have in the picture(regular tube for bathrooms and such works great) Apply a small amount around the whole plate and press fit. Been there, done that...

As for pack voltage/chargers. Just look at your whatt hours used in CA. if you get less compared to before after a BMS shutdown then the battery do not deliver as much as before.

Pic of the bomber with Shinko SR241 2.75x19 and Prowheel rim mounted to 5405. Wheel weighs in at 18.5kg (stock bomber wheel 17kg).
WOT The 5405 seems slow off the start but then has a big hit of power at around 20km/h. In hind sight my original motor must have been a 5404 which I think I like better for the more even power delivery. Is there a thread that deals with tuning the CA for different motors?

Picture.jpeg

I also have some questions for some Parts I need.

What chains are people using on the bomber?
Where can you get the 6 hole spacer for between the motor and brake rotor?

Cheers

Late/ early morning night looking at bikes. I think quality should tasty good coming from Japan. This is set for production pretty soon from what my dealer tells me locally. Seems they have the kinks worked out as expected.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-to-produce-pes1-electric-sports-bike-and-ped1-dirt-bike/24855.html

bikerloosey,

welcome to the forum!
however this particular thread is supposed to be about Stealth brand ebikes..
there are other threads for KTM, Yamaha, etc..
did you try a search on ES before posting???;)
also the ktm & yamaha you posted about are not electric bikes/mopeds..
they are electric motorcycles..
so posting about them here on this thread is not very appropriate to the subject..

here is a thread about the yamaha electrics.. : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55015

bikerloosey said:
Late/ early morning night looking at bikes. I think quality should tasty good coming from Japan. This is set for production pretty soon from what my dealer tells me locally. Seems they have the kinks worked out as expected.

http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/yamaha-to-produce-pes1-electric-sports-bike-and-ped1-dirt-bike/24855.html

I asked if these were dirtbikes or bicycles in a earlier post. Sorry for not getting a response but having to do the research on my own. Apparently according to what I have researched these are not ebikes/ or even qualify as a dirtbike. Can you clairify what is a ebike in Australia? The laws in my country are very specific, I'm not sure Stealth has done the research after reviewing. I am interested in a Stealth, just not sure these guys have done their homework. I spoke to a dealer and he was confused as ever.

efMX Trials Electric Freeride said:
bikerloosey,

welcome to the forum!
so posting about them here on this thread is not very appropriate to the subject..

here is a thread about the yamaha electrics.. : http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=55015

bikerloosey said:

Stealth electric bikes are located and made in Australia..
if its intended for legal road use then it will be very power limited (200watts in AU) and pedal assist..
for offroad use the power limits can be de-restricted..
stealth bikes that have been power derestricted are then at moped power levels..
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_bicycle_laws
but.. i think most stealth users would not spend $10K on an ebike just to ride it at 200watts!
so many try to ride low key when in public, etc..
in other words keep pedaling, don't speed, don't endanger others, or break (to many) laws..
the other emotos you posted likely wont be available for purchase anytime soon.. (couple years off)

bikerloosey said:
I asked if these were dirtbikes or bicycles in a earlier post. Sorry for not getting a response but having to do the research on my own. Apparently according to what I have researched these are not ebikes/ or even qualify as a dirtbike. Can you clairify what is a ebike in Australia? The laws in my country are very specific, I'm not sure Stealth has done the research after reviewing. I am interested in a Stealth, just not sure these guys have done their homework. I spoke to a dealer and he was confused as ever.

bikerloosey,

welcome to the forum!

bikerloosey said:

proper159 said:

Hi there is a product called Tec7 that is made specifically fore this purpose, of gluing Aluminum and steel.

https://www.google.no/search?q=tec7...Bonder-Black-310ml%2F11246%2F1.10.2;1280;1280

...i think most stealth users would not spend $10K on an ebike just to ride it at 200watts!

True but then there's the Fighter which costs a lot less than $10K and rides very nicely in Street Mode @ 200W/250W.

Sorry if that question has been answered...

I see on stealth website they are advertising the bomber capacity at 1500 Wh. Does this mean that the new batteries have a 21 Ah capacity? (1500/72) :shock:

courcheval said:

I see on stealth website they are advertising the bomber capacity at 1500 Wh. Does this mean that the new batteries have a 21 Ah capacity? (1500/72) :shock:

87 volts or so @ 18Ah hot off the charger. But the way battery tech is increasing I wouldn't be surprised if a more high capacity battery will be coming out in the future. :mrgreen:

stritzky said:
proper159 said:

Hi there is a product called Tec7 that is made specifically fore this purpose, of gluing Aluminum and steel.

https://www.google.no/search?q=tec7...Bonder-Black-310ml%2F11246%2F1.10.2;1280;1280

Thanks for the link. Also Thx Allex for your tips too.

Finally got my MC tire and rim mounted! had issues getting the right spokes so ended up using the originals and grinding them down. I tried to reset the speedometer settings in the CA V-3 to the correct MM's and the speedo is now way off. 635 MM tire. Any suggestions?

jc#310 said:
Finally got my MC tire and rim mounted! had issues getting the right spokes so ended up using the originals and grinding them down. I tried to reset the speedometer settings in the CA V-3 to the correct MM's and the speedo is now way off. 635 MM tire. Any suggestions?

You need to measure the circumference not the diameter. Or if you are confident 635mm is accurate set the CA to 1994mm.

bikerloosey said:

I Like the look of the KTM freeride better than the Yamaha also its closer to being available...

I was thinking to buy one before i bought my Bomber but decided not to wait.

Personally i feel the Bomber was the best choice for me as i can ride it anywhere (even on the road to work). I ride on mountain bike tracks and have been out trail-riding with the motorbikes. I am welcome everywhere with my bomber! also i am fitter and have lost some weight :)

Hugh

hugeone22 said:
bikerloosey said:

I Like the look of the KTM freeride better than the Yamaha also its closer to being available...

Personally i feel the Bomber was the best choice for me as i can ride it anywhere (even on the road to work). I ride on mountain bike tracks and have been out trail-riding with the motorbikes. I am welcome everywhere with my bomber! also i am fitter and have lost some weight :)

Hugh

The only thing that worries me is that the bomber will be put in the same category as the KTM in terms of licensing. Or the KTM gets so popular that MTB trail parks ban bikes like the bomber because KTM owners get reckless in these parks.

The bomber is really pushing the limits of what you can get away with calling a bicycle. I've pedalled past rangers in the national park and cops on the street on my fighter and they've not taken a second glance. Go sailing past a ranger in the national park on that KTM though and it's going to be a different story. It's hands down a motorcycle just to look at. Even if it was powered by a wound up rubber band anyone is going to straight away think motorcycle.

Rix said:
courcheval said:

87 volts or so @ 18Ah hot off the charger. But the way battery tech is increasing I wouldn't be surprised if a more high capacity battery will be coming out in the future. :mrgreen:

Hyena said:
The bomber is really pushing the limits of what you can get away with calling a bicycle. I've pedalled past rangers in the national park and cops on the street on my fighter and they've not taken a second glance. Go sailing past a ranger in the national park on that KTM though and it's going to be a different story. It's hands down a motorcycle just to look at. Even if it was powered by a wound up rubber band anyone is going to straight away think motorcycle.

Yep I agree, it's crazy how much attention I get when I ride. I make sure I'm always peddling and not being an idiot in the denser part of the city.

hugeone22 said:

Hugh
They are very different - I had an ICE Freeride that was stolen last year, it was amazing off road, great suspension. I rode that far more off road than the Bomber I had.
If they bring out the electric one at a reasonable price (i.e at around the ICE price), I would get one.

Back