E-Wheels EW-36 parts?

LI-ghtcycle

10 MW
Hello all!

I have a customer who needs some work done on his E-Wheels model EW-36:

ew-36-red-001-sm.jpg

http://www.ewheelsdealers.com/index...s&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1&Itemid=103

It would appear that he has a decently made scooter, but I am unfamiliar with these, and would like to get an opinion.

It appears to have a simple problem, everything seems to work except the speed control knob appears to continue turning beyond the stops, and the momentary switch that chooses forward or reverse will not switch it out of reverse.

Are the parts reasonable for these scooters?

I am exploring costs of parts before I decide to delve inside it, I have a friend who also works on EV's (I strictly work on E-Bikes usually) but if it's a relatively simple work on and parts are reasonable, I might start working on these for customers too (hate to turn anyone away, Classic Cycles is a neighborhood bike shop, and I have recently been able to secure a deal with my friend and shop owner to start building and selling E-Bikes my dream job!)

Anyway, so far I am hoping it isn't inside the controller and hopefully just warn/faulty speedcontrol and or momentary switch.

Thanks!

Dayn

It's simple chinese garbage. The pots and reverse and forward switch are notorious to go out. If that doesn't fix it then it's something wrong in the controller.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was my thoughts too ... not even proud enough to put their name on the product!

Thought I would give finding parts a try, thanks for the reply!

You should be able to find parts. It's a potentiometer and a 2 way or 3 way switch

dventu said:
You should be able to find parts. It's a potentiometer and a 2 way or 3 way switch

Right, I just meant specifically from the manufacturer, I'm not one for spending too much time looking up parts that "might" or "should work".

First turn off was no-name on the scooter, then no real support unless you want to spend $150 for a traveling mechanic IF you happen to be near one of their dealers.

Thanks again!

I would say Stop by our local shop but your in Oregon and we are in California.

Back