Ekross Vector Aussie build

Jestronix said:
kiwiev said:
Lurkin said:
Further, is there any chance of getting more information on the controller referred... I am choosing a controller at the moment and it would be nice to support local business if it has the functionality I want.

Im happy with the controller mate, I like iphone app and readout, if you order one get the plug and play thottle 3 speed switch off Sam.
I dont know if its the controller or cromotor but its bloody quiet you can hear birds stones etc when you ride very nice :D

Cheers Conrad

I've been running the smaller 60a controller and love it, Bluetooth allowing configuration is handy while ur out and about and details if u need it, price vs performance is great.

Hey Jes

How do you find the over speed and under-speed function?

Cheers Kiwi

Could you tell me what wheel size fits on the rear for the Vector frame? I would like to mount a 19" motorcycle / 26" bicycle wheel on it and I would like to know if it will fit or not.

-Best regards,

Elias

kiwiev said:
Hi Elias

My white bike has 26" wheels so I know they fit so I am sure 19" motorbike wheel should fit.

Cheers Kiwi

Thank you really much :) I really aprechiate that :)

-Cheers back, Elias :)

http://www.ev-power.com.au/-Motenergy-PMAC-Motors-.html

I have one Vector frame left :| and I am seriously thinking of a pedal free foot peg death machine.

Have found the above motors and my wish of AC around 10kg. Thought was to run a mid drive with BMX chain and 26 inch DH wheels but open to ideas :D

Cheers Kiwi

-

DasDouble said:
kiwiev said:
http://www.ev-power.com.au/-Motenergy-PMAC-Motors-.html

I have one Vector frame left :| and I am seriously thinking of a pedal free foot peg death machine.

Have found the above motors and my wish of AC around 10kg. Thought was to run a mid drive with BMX chain and 26 inch DH wheels but open to ideas :D

Cheers Kiwi

And this bro, is going to be your next project. Ist just feel it :mrgreen:

Kiwi ev I have a motenergy 907 and 913 that I am willing to part with if you are interested. Both have never been used under load, but only for no load testing by John Fiorenza (the man behind motenergy) himself. I was thinking $350 for the 907 and $450 for the 913. This 913 is the motor that zero used in their 2012 bikes and is capable of 30kw peak - should be enough for a bike ;). This would be you're version of Luke's (liveforphysics) deathbike

jansevr said:
Kiwi ev I have a motenergy 907 and 913 that I am willing to part with if you are interested. Both have never been used under load, but only for no load testing by John Fiorenza (the man behind motenergy) himself. I was thinking $350 for the 907 and $450 for the 913. This 913 is the motor that zero used in their 2012 bikes and is capable of 30kw peak - should be enough for a bike ;). This would be you're version of Luke's (liveforphysics) deathbike

Where are you based jansevr?

Also any controller?

Cheers Kiwi

Hmmm, I want to do a moto project in Q1 next year- maybe we could share postage kiwi!

Took the "Black Russian" to Thredbo today AWESOME :D :D

I did 36Kms of single track going up hill 600ft then back REGEN wall cool 8) 18S battery voltage at start was 74.8V and finish 69.6V so I think I had plenty left in the tank :mrgreen:

Cheers Kiwi

Mxus 19" rim turned up today went straight to the tire shop and got a tire on, can't wait to see how this puppy performs. :D :D :D

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2301.JPG
    IMG_2301.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 2,009
Got wheel on today had to move washers around to center wheel and space out rear disc brake.

Here is a pic with 19" rear wheel and 26" front wheel not to out of proportion I hope. :D

Cheers Kiwi

Attachments

• IMG_2303.JPG
    IMG_2303.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 1,990
Cowardlyduck said:
Looking great mate!

Your controller heat-sink setup should get a workout with that motor.
Are you going to vent it?

Your new weakest link might be your batteries.

Cheers

Thanks Mate :D :D

Hey CD Sam up-graded the phase wires and oil cooled the hub for a good deal :mrgreen:

You may be right about the batteries the black bike is set at 80 Amps and runs all day so at 100 Amps they may get a work out but they were rated at 35C so at 15Ah that's 525 Amps and that's only one half I have 2 sets in there.

The tire was over kill but I couldn't wait for one to come in and this was free :lol:

The best thing is this bike is 7Kg lighter than the black bike and that is off the rear. The black bike will pop you over the handle bars if you don't give it gas and pull the front up over jumps :twisted:

Cheers Kiwi

Cool...literally. :)

7KG is a great weight saving...especially if a lot of it is un-sprung mass.

I'm not sure which oil Sam used, but if it's the Fero Fluid mentioned here, just be careful you don't have a potential bomb that will go off when you hit 92C. :shock:

I'm sure it will be fine though...just one to be aware of.

Cheers

Cowardlyduck said:
Cool...literally. :)

7KG is a great weight saving...especially if a lot of it is un-sprung mass.

I'm not sure which oil Sam used, but if it's the Fero Fluid mentioned here, just be careful you don't have a potential bomb that will go off when you hit 92C. :shock:

I'm sure it will be fine though...just one to be aware of.

Cheers

Well if we are riding together that would make a cool video better than you wheel falling off :lol:

I need to get those heat stickers where did you get them from CD??

Cheers Kiwi

kiwiev said:
Well if we are riding together that would make a cool video better than you wheel falling off :lol:

Cheers Kiwi

Oh, that was his Video? I didn´t know that^^ Thought it was really funny^^ Thanks god it didnt happened when he was hitting some higher Speeds. I still didn´t understand how this cooling Methode is working.. :roll: Have to have a look once again..

kiwiev said:

Cheers Kiwi
Certainly would make a dramatic video of the hub exploding! I imagine in reality it might just result in a fire and may blow out the side covers slightly.

The temp stickers I have are these:
http://au.rs-online.com/web/p/temperature-sensitive-labels/0286175/
F0286175-01.jpg

But you have to buy a bag of 10 minimum, so not so cheap for what they are.
I recently ordered a few new bags, so have a bunch spare atm. If you can wait I'm happy to give you a handful next time we catch up.

DasDouble said:
Oh, that was his Video? I didn´t know that^^ Thought it was really funny^^ Thanks god it didnt happened when he was hitting some higher Speeds. I still didn´t understand how this cooling Methode is working.. :roll: Have to have a look once again..
Glad you got a laugh :p I'm also thankful it didn't happen at higher speed...could have been messy.

Not sure which cooling mod your referring to, but it had nothing to do with the wheel falling off.

Cheers

Oh man, I should know in future whos videos on youtube is. I also already saw your air cooled hub motor video and liked it a lot - also without knowing that you made it^^. No, Im talking about the liquid cooled hub motor. For shure that´s interesting.. :)

jansevr said:
Sorry no controller and unfortunately I'm in the US so shipping might be an arm and a leg.

Oh man, I just saw your facebookside.. THIS BIKE LOOKS AMAZING!
12376742_833729736750392_6424738914989566112_n.jpg

Where can I get one? And for how much? Your webside isn´t working :(

Back