• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

EMPowered Cycles has Headway triangle packs, hard case

Triangle are the way to go for sure. I had a poster in another thread claiming putting batteries in a big box on the rear rack was fine saying that it didn't add to instability. :roll:

+1 on triangle packs.

:D

Feels good to him, if he just took 4 sla's off that rear rack. I say up to 8 pounds back there can be tolerated, but for performance riding you want less than 5 pounds on a rear rack.

Triangle mount for the win, if you have a triangle. Downtube mounts are popular too, but to me they look like the tire could touch if you bottom out the forks. Boxes on the side of a Y frame work, but figure on not pedaling much. I got so tired of whacking my knees on them riding rough trails.

This thing is looking pretty nice! I'm a huge fan of triangle mounting, but there have not been many hard case productions like this that actually look good. As for the plastic I'm not sure how it feels or what is it? But its definitely a jump in the right direction for a much sleeker/easier to assemble commuter/cruiser.

I'm not really interested in Headways, I hope they are not advertising it solely based on 1 older type of chemistry/cell size.

As for those who say rear rack mounting does not decrease performance/maneuverability, that's just silly

I built an ebike using this frame. I am very pleased with the results.

Attachments

• build1.jpg
    build1.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 1,839
  • build2.jpg
    build2.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 1,839
Welcome to ES, and thanks for posting this. What controller and motor are you using? What volts, and what is the top speed? for hardtail frames, I highly recommend a suspension seat-post. I have a thudbuster, but there are others to choose from.

I am using Lyens 12fet controller
crystalyte H35 Phoenix II cruiser motor
Headway 48V 15ah Lifepo4 batteries

My top speed has been about 40mph

Attachments

• build3Speed.jpg
    build3Speed.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 1,677
those cases look cool but they said lik 699 for just the case right no batteries. their pakcs looks nice, but what is the advantage of buying their merchandise as compared to bms battery. I mean it looks almost like twice the amount for batteries, what am I missing here.

Empowered cycles is in the U.S. I'm not sure where BMS battery is located but I think they are overseas. Once you throw in shipping and the hazmat fee it will be around the same price. Also, empowered cycles support is really good. They have a phone number posted on their website in case you run into any issues.

It's the case and frame, batteries are separate. However, the price is right for the batteries considering that headway sells each 15ah cell for $29.

Back