F1 - 1.6L Hybrid engine possible for 2013

theRealFury

10 kW
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/19042011/58/parr-greener-engine-vital-f1.html

Parr said the new engine would be turbocharged and turbo-compounded. The KERS (kinetic energy recovery system) will be four times as powerful.

You are going to have a powertrain generating well over 800hp from four cylinders. I think its going to sound fantastic. It's going to run on pure electric in the pitlane.

Sounds like a step in the right direction to drive the Hybrid and electric message to more people?

wow great news!
i spoke about electric F1 at work before reading this article , and people were laughing... I guess this shows the current state.
Unless it is done, people will make jokes about it ;)

i talked to some poeple who tried electric go-carts in London. They said they preferred gasoline ones, but couldn't give me clear reasons why..

wojtek said:
wow great news!
i spoke about electric F1 at work before reading this article , and people were laughing... I guess this shows the current state.
Unless it is done, people will make jokes about it ;)

i talked to some poeple who tried electric go-carts in London. They said they preferred gasoline ones, but couldn't give me clear reasons why..

Yes i know, its almost like the human race as a whole is literally addicted to oil. People just cant seem to get their heads round that Electricity is energy carrier like petrol or gas.

I have had the fortune of being able to drive both a petrol Go-cart and an electric go-cart, and i would choose an electric one any day. You put your foot on the gas on a petrol go-card and you get a soggystart and slow pickup and then all of a sudden you hit the powerband of the go-cart and you get a surge of power. Do the same with an Eletric go-cart and you get wheelspin, instant torque and that surge of power all the way to close to top speed. Give me an e-cart any day!

i think most people have laugh mainly about the range / battery.. and charging time. And they make a good point.

but probably they don't realize the power side of it, only the "environment friendly aspect"

once they taste the power and torque, they will sing another song ;)

There is just something about the scream of a internal combustion engine that goes hand a hand with racing, I may be biased tho. The sound is so dynamic with layers of bad assness :twisted: You just can't remove the rpm roar of F1, the ground shaking thunder of nitro cars, or even 30 some nascar motors. Sound is a key element of racing.

Big Tuna said:
There is just something about the scream of a internal combustion engine that goes hand a hand with racing, I may be biased tho. The sound is so dynamic with layers of bad assness :twisted: You just can't remove the rpm roar of F1, the ground shaking thunder of nitro cars, or even 30 some nascar motors. Sound is a key element of racing.

..all a matter of taste.

I dig the sound of electric motors and have never liked the hot rod sound. I refer to that as the sound of energy being wasted :p

It will change with the younger generation as we phase out gas. I think they will get just as excited about the cordless drill whine of a high RPM motor, as people do today over the sound of a burbly pushrod v8 giving it all it has..

Big Tuna said:

Top fuel engines are an irreplaceable experience.

liveforphysics said:
Top fuel engines are an irreplaceable experience.

Lol indeed, they are the only engine that can reach in and shake a persons soul. Im not talking about watching top fuel cars cars on TV either unless you have stood there and felt it you probably think I am nut, which is partly true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OwVVdMmAjds&NR=1&feature=fvwp

nice, built by kids that have difficulties with the system! :mrgreen:

Back