• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Fairing Report

markcycle

10 kW
So far the windshield has turned heads and generated attention but that's it. I've passed police cars but none have pulled along side me. I've ridden it to work twice.

The Hybrid sticker helped, cars have been much more courteous. I couldn't believe it at first but after almost 40 miles of riding I'm sure. What people think it is I don't know but claiming to be a Hybrid they must think there is some kind of motor, combined with my speed (20 to 25 MPH) and no pedaling they hang behind me much much more almost to much and I have to wave them around me.

The fairing helps its hard to say how much except that my end voltage when I get to work is higher by about .25 to .5 volts after 9.5 miles. It helps most with head wind and I build up speed on the downhills really fast.

So far I'm happy with it

Mark

Love the fairing. Is there any way you post more detailed energy consumption numbers @ speed with and without it?

Any chance you could try a coastdown test on a hill with and without the fairing? I like the stealthiness of an all clear fairing.

xyster said:
Love the fairing. Is there any way you post more detailed energy consumption numbers @ speed with and without it?

I'm in the market to get one just like it. So I should be able to post up such numbers. I have plenty of steep +50MPH hills around here to test with also. Should be fun once I get it.

Back