Fast charge LiFePo4 pack

Bor_Ed

1 mW
I've noticed that current LiFe cells tend to have 'best' charge rate at 0.25C to 1.0C as highest recommended charge rate.
I'd need a pack that can be charged at around 1-2kW of power from the grid to be able to charge in sane time.
Do you guys have any sane and affordable cells to be used with higher than that charge currents that you can recommend?
Screw ends at the cells is preferred so it's pretty much cylindral since pouches require more work to assemble.
Battery pack will have 15 to 40Ah so I think getting small (8Ah) or so headways to drop to paraller.

Once you get to 30 ah, you may be charging at about the max rate your plugs will deliver, at 1c. I understand plugs can deliver more in Europe, here in the us a typical plug is 1500w.

30 amps x 58v would be 1750 w. Sounds to me like you have a plan there. If you start out smaller, 16 ah of headways will still charge fairly quick on 5 amps chargers. Still will take hours, but nowhere near 8 hours. I call a three hour charge quick.

If you are planning more than 48v, then the charge wattage goes up even more, for 5 amps of current. You might plan on always charging with a 5 amps charger when you don't require a quicker charge. The battery will like a slower charge, so don't ram it in if you don't need to.

But when you need a quick turn around, 1 c is a pretty fast rate. I was just looking at some headway cells, and they specified a max current of 2 amps for a 10 ah cell. That's 2c. That ought to do er when you really need a fast charge.

Back