• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Favourite ES Builds

gtadmin

10 kW
Hi guys, I thought it would be interesting to explore people's favourite ES builds - after all, everyone has different tastes and priorities. These are some of my favourite ES builds (out of over 100). They are the most notable, but the list is not exhaustive and it is in no particular order. Most are listed here because they display outstanding quality and workmanship and/or pride, but some are impractical. Also:

No expense spared / extreme quality:
Recumpence: Custom Trike
Max: Dogati Superleggera
Hal: Albino-B2 (and Greyb.org)

Works of art:
Valy: Aluminium Frame 55mm pipe
Agelwagen: Juicer 36v EV Twin

Built with simple hand tools combined with some outstanding ideas:
Timma2500: Specialized FSR Frame surgery
Timma2500: Norco Empire
AussieJester: 2 Speed HOBO Cruiser
AussieJester: First Cruiser
1000w: Cyclone 1000w Cruiser

Minimalistic build:
adrian_sm: Commuter Booster

These may not fit the above criteria, but you have to admire their spirit / inventiveness:
Naeem: Low cost bike from Pakistan
Amberwolf: CrazyBike2

In general: Anything that has outstanding ideas, or displays excellent workmanship, or has a mid-mount motor (Hubs and RC's), or has a custom frame of some form. Clean, stylish also makes my list, although both these attributes are subjective. Apologies for those builds that meet these criteria but aren't listed here - they are probably bookmarked, but if not, well I can't read them all :roll:

Cheers,
GT

PlaceHolder.gif

CaptainSlug did some really nice work, despite many pitfalls. Hopefully, we will see that project revived (maybe under new ownership).

nem0_164.jpg

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=9207&start=0

The ultimate in the last category, is Justins cross Canada ride bike. I like funky a lot, but you also have to really respect guys like Hal and Aussie Jester that build frames from scratch. Not sure what category to put him in, but Dr Bass's original mongoose was quite a bike.

Back