• Howdy! we're looking for donations to finish custom knowledgebase software for this forum. Please see our Funding drive thread

Flevobike meets Colossus jr.

olaf-lampe

10 kW
Hi guys,
there are lots of motors coming my way these days. The first one was a HXT 80-85.

I took this opportunity to make some shots of the rear wheel.
I want to figure out, where to put the motor and reduction gears.

non_hub1_small.jpg

non_hub2_small.jpg

non_hub3_small.jpg

I like the hollow shaft of the rear swing arm. If I could use it as centerpoint of my second reduction, could I get along without a chain tensioner?
Should I put the motor below the swingarm?

-Olaf

olaf-lampe said:
Hi guys,

I like the hollow shaft of the rear swing arm. If I could use it as centerpoint of my second reduction, could I get along without a chain tensioner?
Should I put the motor below the swingarm?

-Olaf

Cool idea, but I think you would still need a tensioner if you use the swing arm pivot point for the jack shaft. The pivot point looks wide enough to give you problems with the chain rubbing the swing arm because it would space the gear and chain line too far to the outside.

Maybe ditch the kick stand and make a bracket that clamps on the tube in front of the pivot. This will support the drive system and allow it to slide forward and not require a chain tensioner. The motor could be above and the jack shaft below.

Bubba

Perhaps the pivot for the first stage, then mount the second-stage below the swingarm. No alignment or tension issues AFAICT.

Back