followed by a crow, Am I e-trike variant of the Beastmaster?

parajared

10 kW
I have a new feathered friend who seems to be gearing up for some epic bare-chested man/beast adventures.

I have a crow that waits for me every morning on my bicycle commute to work. He sits on a pole and when I come by he flies alongside me for the next couple of miles or so. This has been going on for the last six months, but lately I have had a crow (same crow?) follow me around on weekend road rides too; different locations, usually only for a couple of miles or so.

I haven’t fed the bird or anything, so the next logical conclusion is that I am in fact the Beastmaster, (or maybe the harbinger of doom).

Perhaps he feels that; since you move along very fast with no pedaling, then,...you must be a wizard!

He hopes to discover the secret to your powers, and then possibly to feed upon your soul if you are killed by one of the "4-wheeled" dragons?

Either that or you ran over his walnut and pieces of it are stuck in your wheel tread, and he hopes to eventually get it out by following you til you stop long enough.

Or...he thinks it would make a great walnut smasher that he could use himself, and he is watching you ride so he can figure out how to do it himself if you and leave it unattended long enough. ;)

(note that in Japan, crows drop walnuts/etc into traffic and then wait for traffic to stop, fly down and pick up pieces, then fly away before it restarts, presumably cued by the crosswalk music)

More seriously--is there anything really shiny on the bike? I recall a thread by Zoot Katz about something similar, caused I believe by his shiny helmet?

Do eBikes emit sound frequencies which may mean something in Crow?

I know what happened. Apparently you were struck and killed by an unsafe driver and you've been resurrected to hunt the driver down for revenge. The crow is simply your source of power.

Back