Free: Stalled (but mostly complete) Motoped High Power Conversion Project - Reno NV

randyking

10 µW
This project was nearly complete 6 years ago, but life got in the way. Pretty sure I spent $5-6k on the pieces. It's actually a pretty cool belt reduction drive system that has tons of power from an Astro Flight motor. I have the motor controller, but it needs the battery pack and some brakes (plus wiring). Happy to give it to anyone who wants to play with this project some more. I have to admit there's some projects that I will not finish!

Must pickup entire bike here in Reno Nevada.

IMG_3226 copy.pngIMG_3228 copy.pngIMG_3229 copy.png

Wow! That's one heck of a machine.
If I wasn't such an old man, and didn't have so many unfinished projects of my own, I would be driving to Reno.

I would suggest selling the astro drive separately.
Those used to cost 3 grand, i would bet someone would pay $1k for it.

I would offer you some money for the drive but i'm broke ATM!

That is very beautiful. It's making my mind dream right now not just of that but of other projects thank you.
E.S is still alive.

I would love it but I'm going into surgery on Tuesday to have my right knee replaced last September I had my left knee replaced . I'm a couple months out of being completely mobile again.
Plus I got so many projects in my garage to complete to be complete.
It breaks my heart to look at that thing in all the custom work. Reminds me of the death bike. Luke's

Wow, that is a beautiful build. It's too bad im all the way on the other side of the country. I'll paypal you $1,000 if you would be willing to ship it.....ill even send updates when it is completed.. It looks like there are half a dozen bike shops in Reno that work with bikeflight, just drop the bike off and they take care of the rest.

I wouldn’t mind shipping it but I think it might be cost prohibitive. It weighs probably 100 pounds? If you wanted to call a place in Reno and figure out the cost, I’d be willing to drop it off. I’d say removing the drive unit and shipping separately would be wise and easy. I just don’t have time for the logistics here, sorry!

I would be willing to make a label for the drive unit and set up shipping for the body later

Back