Frockfest

I am planning on being there Saturday from morning 'til whenever (basically whole day)
Sunday is out for me (regular family commitments in the morning, plus work is building up for Frankencycle and I need to attend to that as much as I can).

Joe

I'm out this weekend, but the event is the following weekend yeah?

Samd said:
And the following weekend? Still on?

full-throttle said:
Working bee / track preparation / practice : 16/17 Mar
Race : 23/24 Mar

Depends how tomorrow goes, we will discuss and confirm after the days labor.

Now to find some time to work on my bike...

Aiming for next Sunday 24th Mar if the weather is good. Otherwise after Easter.

Just got back from the working bee. There were 3 of us and the track is in much better conditions now. It was so much fun. Might be able to make another video.

[youtube]XChG4YOhxdM[/youtube]

The bikes get taken for a spin after laboring to get the track ready.

footage was taken with my camera phone and it's first time video editing, so.... pleanty of excuses :lol:

t3sla said:
footage was taken with my camera phone and it's first time video editing, so.... pleanty of excuses :lol:
Wrong, you have no business turning out a video that good on your first attempt! :D
Very nicely done, and a great teaser/build up to the race. Alan was leaning like a mofo and I'm sure FT's use of his bell made you proud :lol:

What editing softjuarez you using ?

Hyena said:
t3sla said:
Wrong, you have no business turning out a video that good on your first attempt! :D
Very nicely done, and a great teaser/build up to the race. Alan was leaning like a mofo and I'm sure FT's use of his bell made you proud :lol:

What editing softjuarez you using ?

Alan won the balls of steel award, he smashed it off the line and flipped on the first corner.
He then proceeded to get the bike back up and continue to hit it just as hard, unfazed in a constant state of sideways drifting or getting a front wheel airborn.

I was hopeless on FT's bike, but managed to go hard on Alan's trike after a few laps....I even did a lap in his trailer while he drove :D

Thanks man! I was using Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/bkeqmtd <-- It's free to download
WMM.png
The key was transition between cuts and queuing the music to hit with scene changes or actions ...frock engineering, should have done directing/arts like they begged.... Little did they know how handy it is to be a creative engineer :D Next time I might use Audacity to play with the audio before as WMM has very poor audio control.... seriously it has a button for do you want the music track louder than the video audio :?

I'll redeem myself by uploading a mundane video with slight wind noise
[youtube]MqLUZToK8yk [/youtube]
This gives you an idea of what the track surface condition is.
Best to think about which tyre setup would suit your ride as the track demands grip.

Great video T3sla.

Looking very unlikely that I can make it next weekend, but am preparing a monster friction drive bike for the next race. Geared for 70kph. :twisted:
It is mounted up on a MTB with 26x1.85" tires, which looks a bit more suited to the track than my usual 700cx23 bike.

Hope non-frocks are allowed. :D

P46718200.jpg

P46718601.jpg

wow that trike looks fast around the corners!
Too bad I don't have a "frock" motor. :lol:

crikey.jpg

Crikey! That's huge.

yay I'd hoped we would see a friction drive at a race :)

The unfortunate thing about the track is the short length, you need to have multiples of 10x laps to get significant race time.
This is fine until someone gets close to being lapped and you get to a narrow path.... or near allan :roll:

The track does show that a combination of bike and rider are needed, it's also very enjoyable when not racing as it has lots of 'character' that really make every lap individual. For this reasons it's significantly more interesting than straight tarmac.
So thanks heaps to Joe for suggesting it :)

Hyena said:
FT's use of his bell made you proud
No bell, no race :mrgreen:

How about a horn of some description ? I have something suitable in mind :mrgreen:

I agree the track certainly has character and the derelict state of it along with that palm tree is like something out of a post apocalyptic movie or game (like fallout or the resident evil movie set in vegas)
And yeah, the track is perfectly suited to the multi-purpose nature of most ebikes.
That said I would like to see a race on a proper kart track (or otherwise good surface) at some stage in the future

Hyena said:
I agree the track certainly has character and the derelict state of it along with that palm tree is like something out of a post apocalyptic movie or game (like fallout or the resident evil movie set in vegas)
haha I was thinking Duke Nukem

"Come get some!"

Hit a tree coming off a jump today on a new track that I was not supposed to be on :lol: Karma
All good for next week 8)

One guy snapped his bars and another broke a $170 pedal :shock:

Back