Frockfest

I think we lost sight of asking 20/20 questions about this comment

hyena said:
You know I wouldn't normally use 20" rims but I've just purchased a motor specifically with ebike racing use in mind. Well, when I say 20" it's actually a 16" moto rim, so should allow me to run tough tyres.

pics or gtfo 8)

Alan_sm... yeah dude lock in a date and I'll do my damndest to be there, was thinking of sneaking out there a few times anyways to do a bit of "testing" :twisted:

Joe

full-throttle said:
It's hyena, you know - gay jokes, cross dressing photoshops, funny videos..
I'm really not sure how all this started, but someone please set the record straight when I'm dead and my kids stumble upon the ES archives in 10 years time :lol:

t3sla said:
hyena said:
You know I wouldn't normally use 20" rims but I've just purchased a motor specifically with ebike racing use in mind. Well, when I say 20" it's actually a 16" moto rim, so should allow me to run tough tyres.

pics or gtfo 8)

Haven't got it yet, but this is the pic the manufacturer sent me.
Reach for the tissues cro-motor owners :mrgreen:
I was originally going to use it to convert my old pit bike but it looks too tempting to throw on a slick instead and go racing
The pic of the side cover doesn't lie, this is a super power motor :p
Man, the pedal lap is going to suck :lol:

16 inch hub motor.jpg

Took my monster friction drive bike for a run around the block. Can easily do 50kph, but torque was uninspiring, being a 80mm 250kv motor.
Motor and ESC were hardly warm, but toasted some PP45s in the process. Guess they didn't like the 100 amps.

Looks bloody hard to reterminate the 80-250kv, so will probably go back to a 59mm 169kv motor on 6s.

adrian_sm said:
Looks bloody hard to reterminate the 80-250kv, so will probably go back to a 59mm 169kv motor on 6s.

alternativeleeee' :mrgreen: ..you could put on some pants man up and bolt
that sucker to the frame then run a chain from it to the back wheel...sorry Adrian i couldn't resist :p

Thats a might big Frock you have there Jay, i guess its only appropriate you
have the biggest frock motor of all, dont forget the 200watt stickers on it!!
I stuck 3 on my motor so one can be seen no matter where it stops LOL..
Hope the cops dont see all three and come to the conclusions its
a 600watt motoe instead of 200watt :p :mrgreen:

carry on...

KiM

Looks like my trike will be out of action for a little while :( I think I might of been pushing it a bit hard :twisted: I was going over it this morning and I found Ive cracked the frame (again) :oops: Same place as last time but the opposite side. Looks like another trip to gripsport and another $150 :cry:

That sucks..

Hope you fix it before the next race.

So, over the 2 days of practice and race combined you managed to go through 1 set of tyres plus a broken chain, rear mech, tube, a couple of spokes, mirror and a frame?

Full Throttle wrote [/quote] So, over the 2 days of practice and race combined you managed to go through 1 set of tyres plus a broken chain, rear mech, tube, a couple of spokes, mirror and a frame?[/quote]
Yeah thats about it. Last time I took my frame in for repair they had it for at least 2 weeks :cry: Not to mention funds are a bit low at the moment . I dont know if it will be ready for the next race or not but Ill try :twisted:

AussieJester said:
Thats a might big Frock you have there Jay, i guess its only appropriate you have the biggest frock motor of all
Yeah only rated at 8kw, no biggy :p
I'm actually going to get the smaller 3kw one having reviewed the specs, this behemoth is 22kg! Probably fine for a slick tyred race bike belting around a proper gokart track but I have other uses in mind so will go with the lighter one (still 10kg odd - essentially a cromotor)

dont forget the 200watt stickers on it!!
I stuck 3 on my motor so one can be seen no matter where it stops LOL..
Heh I'd probably go with 1, it looks more legit than having them plastered all over it. And you can easily turn it by hand to show the the label that "I think it says 200w on there somewhere, I dunno have a look officer" :wink:

full-throttle said:
So, over the 2 days of practice and race combined you managed to go through 1 set of tyres plus a broken chain, rear mech, tube, a couple of spokes, mirror and a frame?

welcome to frockfest.jpg

file.php

Accurate.

Actually, I partially blame kepler and his carbon madness for steering me off track. :?

file.php

Maaaaaaaaan... That just looks like a headache, don't attempt to fit that on a bicycle.
Sevcon and A123 time!

Looks like my trike will be out of action for a little while I think I might of been pushing it a bit hard I was going over it this morning and I found Ive cracked the frame (again) Same place as last time but the opposite side. Looks like another trip to gripsport and another $150

Must have left the x5 on after the race :lol:

@ Alan - since it's steel, could you get it repaired elsewhere for less? What's missing on your DH Comp? Have you got a build thread yet?

@ hyena - Frockfest is cheap as. MTB races are $100 in race fees only, unless its a national round, then it's $250. Plus 3~5hr drive each way, food, accommodation.. and they take the whole weekend.

No build thread yet. Still need brakes, chain,and a few other bits & pieces. I think Im going to fire up the mig and repair it myself 8) Ive got a few frames & stuff that I can cut for what I need 8)

but isn't that why they have jousting events, I would definitely go to melbourne to see something like that and also compete with a frockless bike

t3sla said:
I thought we could try jousting on ebikes at frockfest.
Did you, I suggested that several bages back :p
Your gif makes me think otherwise though! :shock:

I'll let you guys refine things a little before making the trek down :)

Hyena said:
Did you, I suggested that several pages back :p

zWF3I.gif

Great minds are bound to bounce the same ideas around.

How about Sunday 28th of April for the next round?
If it's so and I don't have a bike, I'll deactivate my ES account...

I'll let you guys refine things a little before making the trek down
I'm left to deal with Susan aaaallllll byyyyyyyyy myyyyyyyyy seeeeeeeeeeeelf :?

full-throttle said:
t3sla said:
I'm left to deal with Susan aaaallllll byyyyyyyyy myyyyyyyyy seeeeeeeeeeeelf :?
Don't worry, I have a written confirmation Stealth will be there :wink:
(sshhh, don't tell Joe)

Who's Susan?

I thought 'Susan' Was Jays new name? :p

KiM

I felt like a lazy Susan going around that tiny track!

it's time for an X5 powered bmx..

Back