Fully Touring E-Bike Build done!

Cangratulations on your build, it is a truely beautiful e-bike and I am very envious!

Nice build:), could you tell what brand/name is your front light? thanks.

Hi -

Can you tell me how much cost the complete Riese und Müller Intercontinental (black) bicycle? It look very attractive and
perfect for ebike setup. I looked around the USA seems none have Riese und Müller Intercontinental bike sale.

chroot said:
Hi -

Can you tell me how much cost the complete Riese und Müller Intercontinental (black) bicycle? It look very attractive and
perfect for ebike setup. I looked around the USA seems none have Riese und Müller Intercontinental bike sale.

i bought the frame-kit only. have a look here: http://www.r-m.de/downloads/preisliste/

torquearmf.jpg

torquearmb.jpg

torquearm.jpg

Built a strong test- and truing stand for rear motors.

img9201s.jpg

img9200s.jpg

[youtube]L2T4T-ITWRA[/youtube]

no comments

Awesome video and awesome build! I love ebike tourers! This is perfect though. Way more clean than my heavy monster. lovit.

Meanwhile hitting 6000 km mark with this bike and still everything cool. Except that i was hit by a car recently, even though it was not my fault, it has scared the crap out of me. Luckily I got a way with some road burn and a broken front wheel.

Beautiful bike, what sort of range do you get out of this combo? At what speed?

Would you recommend the 5303, over say a 500W geared MAC at 48V?

I have a friend with a 500W MAC with 48v 15ah of Ping Power and it's good for 50 odd km/h also.

Is the drag on the 5303 noticable when you're off the juice?

Sorry for so many questions

After a few thousand km and salty roads its time for a new wheel :D

A_20140303_204752.jpg

salt water pulls spokes

B_20140303_204650.jpg

outch, rim is cracked, didn't notice that

D_IMG_20130820_003014.jpg

lookin' shiny :D

This is the first time I'm seeing this frame and I'm amazed. How come no company has one like this in the US.

I know I'm just reiterating what was previously posted a few years ago by other members, but I mean this is a nearly perfect commuter ebike frame! Full suspension and an integrated rack. Going to change my shorts...

This is the first time I'm seeing this frame and I'm amazed. How come no company has one like this in the US.
I don't know, maybe because it's expensive. the bike gets quite tail heavy if you use lots of batteries and rear hub. in the other hand these Panniers are the perfect camouflage, if you know what I mean. they don't even look at me. all through the frame did a good job so far.

sorry for the late reply

sparkcrx said:
At what speed?
~56 kmh now using a 5304 for more torque

sparkcrx said:
Would you recommend the 5303, over say a 500W geared MAC at 48V?

never tried a geared motor but I don't think they're very durable. and they make a lot of noise.
the new clytes are less heavy anyway

sparkcrx said:
Is the drag on the 5303 noticable when you're off the juice?

the drag is immense. :D

Supertux1 said:
I like those Cateye Universal Clamps you used on the fork to support the fenders. Going to put them on my bike! (Yay no more zip ties!)
Glad I could help. Nice build you got btw.

Back