Futuristic Ebike Build and trials frame

Hi all
It has been a long time since i have posted, work life an all that. 3 years ago i was building a tilting trike no job no money, what happened to the trike?, it was nearly finished. but to dangerous for uk roads it was too low the first test run i was nearly squashed.

So i decided live a little longer :lol: So about six months ago i started this on and off. time restricted working 6 days a week and long hours but hey its a job.

There is a member on the forum that i was going to build a trials frame for as i was building 2 but he seems to have beating me 2 it,
but if you look at the left side of the picture you will see the start of a jig for building trials frame. so in a month or so when i get a tube bender i will start making them.

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0083.JPG
    IMGP0083.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 6,253
  • IMGP0085.JPG
    IMGP0085.JPG
    69 KB · Views: 6,253
  • IMGP0089.JPG
    IMGP0089.JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 6,253
Welcome back Paul , I like your new frame. Yes a lot have happened with the trials frame stuff, I built 2 frames and also converted a rolling chassis trials bike ( on going ) . looking forward to seeing more of your new bike layout ( and your trials frame when you get round to it :wink: ) .

Welcome back Paul...subscribed to this looks fantastic thus far best of luck with the remaining fabrication...

KiM

Start of my day before any frame building. repairing an old mini thats never run for a couple of years. carb rebuild points condenser fuel pumpthe list goes on.
here's a few pictures

Now after that it is Paul's time
Thats all folks

Paul

Attachments

• WP_000008.jpg
    WP_000008.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 6,027
  • WP_000009.jpg
    WP_000009.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 6,026
  • IMGP0093.JPG
    IMGP0093.JPG
    73.9 KB · Views: 6,026
  • IMGP0096.JPG
    IMGP0096.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 6,026
Hi, the frame is about the same wheel base as a full size motobike, the frame is light for what it is, the weight distribution is spot on so should wheelie nice :D

The frame is going to be covered in fibre glass same as my avarta. The motor havent got a clue apart from it has to be quiet and stealth. I know i will be getting stopped a lot by the police but i dont give a damn :lol: :lol: Batteries not a clue yet just lead acid for testing with

Paul

Tonight i turned some ali bar down to make an adapter for the forks as thet are 20mm bolt through axel, and i dont want to keep changeing hubs. Marzocchi z15 forks

The front wheel hope hub with doublewide rim 24". only problem is i need a disc spider for the hope hub, many hours seaching still not found one.

Second problem tonight the lathe only takes a 8mm drill bit. but i will make an adapter for full size chuck.

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0100.JPG
    IMGP0100.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 5,810
  • IMGP0097.JPG
    IMGP0097.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 5,810
  • IMGP0099.JPG
    IMGP0099.JPG
    74.3 KB · Views: 5,810
Fibreglassing kit arrive so time to think a about building the mold this coming week. Tomorrow i will get a 8 x 4 sheet of 2.5mm ply.

Ordered ACS Claws Double freewheel 16/17t to fit on the pivot point for the motor. so there is no chain growth. i will remove pawls so it will be free spinning.

More Tomorrow Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0101.JPG
    IMGP0101.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 5,634
  • 5004_12.jpg
    5004_12.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 5,634
Hey Paul,

What bike is that in your avatar picture? Looks similar to the bike your building.....

Kudos

I like the bike frame, subscribing here. It's oddly long, but there are some clear pros to that.

Idontwanttopedal said:
Liking the build what motor you going to use I hope to be using a 80100 with sensor and a modded 18fet

It will be probably be a that hubmotor for testing with, (mid drive) then after testing there will be a suprise happening :lol: when that motors removed. I will give you a clue look at all the space in the frame

kudos said:
Hey Paul,

What bike is that in your avatar picture? Looks similar to the bike your building.....

Kudos

Ive had it a few years, it was on an old hardrive, i dont know were it come from originaly

Kin said:
I like the bike frame, subscribing here. It's oddly long, but there are some clear pros to that.

HI Kin it is long but when all the body work is on it will look fine. The reason it is long is so i will be stretched across it to cut wind resistance down and it is high as i am 6ft 1"

I will post some progress pictures later

Paul

This is after 5 hours of designs (like it dont like it pull it to bits again, pull some more hair out :idea: )
If any one try's doing this beleive me you will loose your sanity :lol: But i am loveing it.

Tomorrow i will hit it with the sander, then finish the little bits thate take hours.

Paul

Attachments

• bodywork 1.jpg
    bodywork 1.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4,349
  • bodywork.jpg
    bodywork.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4,349
  • bodywork3.jpg
    bodywork3.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 4,349
  • bodywork4.jpg
    bodywork4.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4,349
  • bodywork2.jpg
    bodywork2.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 4,349
Very cool! Have you ever considered the cloth stretching trick? You know, make a wire frame, then stretch t-shirt material over it then glass it? Works pretty good, done it with speaker boxes many times! Would likely be lighter since you don't need the wood...

Whiplash said:
Very cool! Have you ever considered the cloth stretching trick? You know, make a wire frame, then stretch t-shirt material over it then glass it? Works pretty good, done it with speaker boxes many times! Would likely be lighter since you don't need the wood...

Hi wiplash
The plywood is staying in the mold for strength it is as light as balsa wood. I am hoping that when finished the bodywork will weigh at around 2 kilo.

Paul

Picture of todays progress later

Todays progress :eek: not a great deal done, but still pleased.

Tank area at the front is going to be cut right back into the corner? but then again it could change :roll:

Times running out i have to go back to work had to cut my holidays short :mrgreen: :mrgreen: i thought at least i would get the bodywork finished

Paul

Attachments

• IMGP0131.JPG
    IMGP0131.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 4,287
  • IMGP0133.JPG
    IMGP0133.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 4,287
  • IMGP0134.JPG
    IMGP0134.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 4,287
  • IMGP0136.JPG